What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD, my disguise is ruined.

gotme.png

I take issue with the way you spin what you said, to make it sound like "poor me", when in fact, your post was a real asshole whiney post crying for warez, and yes i'm annoyed that the original thread got deleted, I put a lot of energy into helping people and posting what i knew on there. But hey, if other people feel the same way, have at it, some of you guys are really good at it.

You (and others) are literally crying about some game frontend, that's freely available, with a bunch of freely available games in it, the information to add everything is available, the scripts are in the other thread, examples are in the other thread, you have an entire iso image of examples to go off, It's all there!!!! But rather than have a crack at adding stuff in there yourself you and others just sit around and complain that they can't have someone elses work that has chosen not to give it to you. I mean, what they did share with you, you are unhappy with that. What fucking world are we living in where you are complaining about what you have available to you on the Artax v4 multi... seriously. HOW ARE YOU NOT HAPPY WITH THAT. In what world is someone who has that much available to them in one menu, not happy with what they have.

If you want to add some games, spend some time playing with it like others did in that thread, and then some of those people even shared that info with you, and made easy to download updates that you can drop in, to make you enjoy what you have more, by removing that annoying ass nag screen, and wait for it,,,,,,,, no seriously,,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,, THEY DID THAT AND MADE IT AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR FREE, like the original multi image was made available to you. HOLY FUCK, i can't imagine what you assholes would behave like if you actually paid money for it.

If you guys want more stuff added to the multi, and you want to make improvements, then ADD IT YOUR FUCKING SELF until such time as someone else adds it for you and gives it to you., or go and buy the ones available online at aliexpress and ebay, which those people did EXACTLY THAT, they took what was available and ADDED THEIR OWN STUFF TO IT.... oh wait, they don't want to give their time for free, well, pay their fee. Start doing things for the benefit of EVERYONE, not just yourself and your own changes you want to make, do things for the good of this "community", not just yourself.

I guess you can lead a horse to water but holy shit you can't make that stinky cunt drink, no matter how many times you shove it's face in the water.
Holy shit, chill bro.

Also is the gist here that you don't care if people add games and flip on eBay? Because that's pretty weak.

I don't have a pile of 1TB SSDs like I did 120s [for ringedge] or I would literally give a bunch of these away too (for the record, I did the giveaway on another forum because it's against the rules here. I also was denied by moderation here to auction off a RE multi w/motherboard 100 percent for charity, which I did on eBay instead). Generally with eBay etc. multi sellers, There isn't much time to be paid for IMHO, and nothing justifying massive profit margins. These aren't even hard to make, at all.

Anyway, regarding the thread being locked...

This isn't the forum to freely discuss newer systems and we all know that. I don't like it, many don't like it, but it's their house. Maybe don't blame anyone but moderation if you don't like that rule? I actually don't blame moderation for not wanting that stuff on here, my examples above are more provided as historical evidence of long standing "If it's a system still in service, it's a gray area / against the rules," not a current complaint. I already voiced my opinion years ago on what I wished we could discuss, but once done, I accepted the rules. Still hope they change, but have accepted they probably won't (and that's ok).

Last edited:
Just so I am clear on what people are complaining about — if I add a new game to the Multi and tell people that I added it, but I don’t give them a copy, I’m a huge piece of shit? Sounds like a reasonable position to take 😅

end of the day we'll always want more, otherwise i'd have stuck at one namco noir and not got 3 and still want more lol, it's not a case of doing something yourself and keeping it, it's more doing something and saying "look what i've got and you can't have", that will always get people wanting it, we've been given the tools to create it ourselves so lets do that and maybe one day they'll want what we have, only problem now is where we can do it and share info.

Just so I am clear on what people are complaining about — if I add a new game to the Multi and tell people that I added it, but I don’t give them a copy, I’m a huge piece of shit? Sounds like a reasonable position to take 😅

That's basically what this boils down to yes.

I managed to get a screenshot of the post that was made over at emuline for the curious here. I don't have the rest of the reply post (yet).

In the other thread, BigSchmid said this

1649243794872.png

And this is the post he was referring to.

post.jpg

It really doesn't sound to me like that post was explaining "why v7 would NEVER be public" and it doesn't at all sound to me like they wanted to "update people on what the private version of v7 had".

I mean, i'll let anyone else read that, and make your own mind up on what the post that he "snapped and left a scathing reply" to was trying to do. That was the first post from the original user account that posted the multi since August 2021? They were radio silent for a very long time on that thread, i was watching it. The only other post they had made on the entire forum was a post sharing an at the time unreleased dump of 2 other TTX4 games.

So they post the v4 multi, stick around for a month or so helping people out with issues with it, post up some unreleased dumps for people to download in August, dissapear for months, show up for the first time in months to make a post warning people not to pay money for someone trying to scam them selling the image, and then the first reply to that message is a person asking why don't they just delete the whole thread if they're not going to give the new image to everyone.
:(

People always tell the story and twist certain parts of it to suit their narrative. I saw those posts before they were deleted, and i was pretty sure that certain recollections weren't entirely accurate. Working on getting the rest.

why don't they just delete the whole thread if they're not going to give the new image to everyone.
Fair question, nuking the thread was the childish move. Not saying dude owes anyone anything, but it's a fair question.

No, complaining was the childish move.

This reminds me of 2010-ish when the guy who was jailbreaking iPhones got fed up with people’s attitudes toward him and stepped away from it.

I’ve gotten a lot of value out of all these threads on the various forums, and it’s disappointing to see them vanish, but put yourself in that person’s position. If someone told you to *delete your informative posts* because you weren’t doing them *additional favours*, you might just take them up on it. Why be kind to rude people?

No, complaining was the childish move.

This reminds me of 2010-ish when the guy who was jailbreaking iPhones got fed up with people’s attitudes toward him and stepped away from it.

I’ve gotten a lot of value out of all these threads on the various forums, and it’s disappointing to see them vanish, but put yourself in that person’s position. If someone told you to *delete your informative posts* because you weren’t doing them *additional favours*, you might just take them up on it. Why be kind to rude people?
I see the angle but....

Why keep posting updates when it clearly says its only private? It's dick waiving and gatekeeping, and also silently just begging people to just PM you or your crew to buy it. So, cue more strangers demanding your time I guess?

Could he have worded it nicer? Maybe. But we are adults, handle your biz. Clearly he couldn't so he nuked the thread. The disk image is out there so deleting the thread is a tantrum move that further encourages and enables profit off the work in the 1st place.

Last edited:
I see the angle but....

Why keep posting updates when it clearly says its only private? It's dick waiting, and begging people to just PM you to buy it (hummm....).
It’s too bad you see it that way. I’m very happy with the v4 and the changes I’ve made. None of the information on adding games is secret. This is like getting mad because someone won’t share a zip of the shortcuts in their start menu folder

Yeah i must agree, by removing the post it has removed the opportunity for people to get the multi image for free and now put it in the hands of the sellers.

I see the angle but....

Why keep posting updates when it clearly says its only private? It's dick waiting, and begging people to just PM you to buy it (hummm....).

I see what you think now. you think i'm selling it. HAHA. Whatever makes you happy man.

I see what you think now. you think i'm selling it. HAHA. Whatever makes you happy man.
Not you in particular perhaps. Not a direct accusation at one individual.

Lest we not forget people selling single ringedge SSDs for 500 euros a piece.

It’s too bad you see it that way. I’m very happy with the v4 and the changes I’ve made. None of the information on adding games is secret. This is like getting mad because someone won’t share a zip of the shortcuts in their start menu folder
I'm not in any way upset the image isn't being shared myself. It's more the principle of sharing updates like they were, yet declaring it private.

But if you keep posting updates of shit YOU KNOW DAMN WELL PEOPLE WANT then don't be surprised when they ask?

Anyone apart from cookie figured out the pinball yet lol:D

I was happy to see updates. Showed me what was possible. I also don’t think the guy was surprised, just disappointed. Imagine having to sift through all those shitty posts.

I’ll be adding pinball tables to my multi this week! I have a dedicated vpin that I put the Pinup Popper Baller Installer on, but it’d be nice to have a few of my favourite tables on the cabinets too

There’s nothing more off-putting on God’s green earth than strangers making demands of your time.
I do fundamentally agree with this.

Demanding features or help etc I can absolutely see being a pain or burden

Asking why you're making constant updates and updating the public on them, with no intent to ever release, is a legit question (again, even if it could have been worded nicer). What do you expect as a result other than people bugging you and begging? What's the other outcome?

Anyone apart from cookie figured out the pinball yet lol:D

There was a video, it showed the entire pinball section, opened every game. BUT, that was just a grandstand, and an attempt to get buyers obviously, so it was removed.

There was a Naomi video showing you the exact same thing, 6 hours of it, telling you exactly what games run on what emulators, showing you every game starting with the required control scheme for every single game, all 130 of them, if it was a 6 hour video, i can asure you it took longer than 6 hours to make, ask me how i know... obviously another attempt to get buyers.

There was a video explaining the rotary games and how to make them work with what hardware to connect the LS30s directly to, yet another attempt to get more buyers.

There was an apm3 video showing the same, obviously, reeling in more buyers.

Well those videos failed, because no sales were made. Now there are no videos because people just complain and bitch. A "community" multi is a nice pipe dream, but the attitudes of some people, it's not something i'm going to contribute 1 minute of my time to.

I do fundamentally agree with this.

Demanding features or help etc I can absolutely see being a pain or burden

Asking why you're making constant updates and updating the public on them, with no intent to ever release, is a legit question (again, even if it could have been worded nicer). What do you expect as a result other than people bugging you and begging? What's the other outcome?

They made 1 single post, in 6 months! It was a post telling you not to pay money for an image, giving you a method to validate if what someone was selling was in fact something they made. That's not" constant updates".

Kevins got content for days out of this thread. I now understand why they put out what they did without a single game. Smart move boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back