What's new

Why haven't you Pre-Ordered a Capcom Spinner yet?

• I've already placed a pre-order!

• I already Own a Capcom Push-Spinner.

• I've measured my cab and it wont fit (I'll post my cab and the measurement below).

• I have no interest in playing any of those awesome spinner games.

• Even though it's about 1/5th the price of an original spinner it's too expensive for my broke-ass.

• Other (I'll explain below in a post).

• I want one and the price is good, I just don't have the cash right now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I put down the games, only one from the list that I remember ever playing was Arkanoid, which was good, but I'm fine playing that game with any sort of controller. Wait, doesn't Tempest use a spinner too?

I only care about two games that support the spinner...

Arkanoid
Arkanoid the Return of Doh

I never actually played Forgotten Worlds in the arcade as a child (I did finally play it many many years later).
I grew up with the Genesis version first, then a few years after that I got the (IMO better) port for Turbo Duo.
As both versions used buttons for rotation, I feel more at home with this control layout (while accepting its not original or maybe even objectively as good, just what hits my own nostalgia).

I've been away from the forums, mostly, but I'm down to commit for one [in theory] once I can learn a bit more about it and plan how I might use it.

At the moment I don't have a lot of original PCBs. I have an original Arkanoid, a MiSTercade, and an XBOX360 that I could potentially use it with. I'll check out the project post and

Wait, doesn't Tempest use a spinner too?
yes but the original PCB is designed for a spinner with a completely different pulse rate. the games listed are those that are compatible with THIS SPECIFIC spinner.

I only care about two games that support the spinner...
Honestly my favorite game on the list is Cameltry, I never played it in my youth. Truth be told nostalgia barely factors into the game I find fun to play.

There are a lot of great racing games that use a 360 deg wheel that MIGHT work such as the Drift Out series, Super Off-Road, or the Great 1000 Mile Rally series, but I haven't had a chance to vet them to add on any lists.

would have totally bought one but i blew my wad on armed police batrider and macross plus. will there be spinners available after pre-order?

Last edited:
would have totally bought one but i blew my wad on armed police batrider and macross plus. will there be spinners available after pre-order?

The spinners won't be produced at all if we can't get 200 units together for the pre-order.

If the orders make 100, would that be enough to go into production?

when is the deadline?
No deadline yet.
If the orders make 100, would that be enough to go into production?
@hursit is checking on it. The MOQ that the factory wanted was 1,000, he was able to work it down to 200, so....now going back and saying 100, not sure how it will work out. We might end up with some limited edition release repros :D

Also worth mentioning for any fence-sitters is @brizzo 's spinner board which lets you use spinners to send left & right taps to any JAMMA board. This makes many, many more games spinner-playable such as Galaga, Puzzle Bobble, Hypernoid, Tetris, Space Invaders, Asteroids, and many more.

MiSTer enthusiasts: @Derick2k is working on an adapter board to connect Hursit's spinner to the MiSTer platform.
Where does this fit into the picture for MisterCade users?

Where does this fit into the picture for MisterCade users?

You'll chain your spinner(s) through the adapter board into a USB port on the MiSTercade. It will take over as the dominant device if you turn the spinner(s) first thing when switching the MiSTer on, or you can bind it separately per-core if you like - it should appear as a generic connected controller.

@Derick2k can speak to the functionality more, but my understanding is that it will send Left or Right tap pulses to the MiSTer, making it useful for any number of arcade and console games that the MiSTer supports.

As much as I dig the notion of playing "true to the original hardware", I have 2 Taito spinners and a top fire joystick to play Forgotten Worlds and prefer that mechanic to the button+spinner press combo mechanic. All the props though to @hursit for making them. I truly hope they come to fruition.

Not interested because it's not the JP one, very cool project though

Alright I've updated the top post.
-Poll now includes an option for "price is fair and I want one but this is a bad time for cash right now" so those of you who picked "other" for that reason can change your vote.

-I've added a direct link to the pre-order page

-I've added a list of confirmed cabs

Im really looking forward to these spinners now. Will they fit in a regular alberto astro panel or will I need a hot fancy shiny new one?
Edit: just placed my order for 2 of these bad boys. A multi boy can't have just 1 😎

Last edited:
I'll place my order for x2 spinners and 1 panel In a few days. In the meantime I have to ask @hursit if he can change the shipping for my country or a workaround because it gives back a message I can't order right now, or if this will be a limitation best to know .

Back