What's new

Why haven't you Pre-Ordered a Capcom Spinner yet?

• I've already placed a pre-order!

• I already Own a Capcom Push-Spinner.

• I've measured my cab and it wont fit (I'll post my cab and the measurement below).

• I have no interest in playing any of those awesome spinner games.

• Even though it's about 1/5th the price of an original spinner it's too expensive for my broke-ass.

• Other (I'll explain below in a post).

• I want one and the price is good, I just don't have the cash right now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I need to test this out myself lol, I think it will, but I could be wrong
Please do. I have one of the repro mini cutes.

Earlier, it did seem that the spinner being made would not fit. If the spinner does indeed fit and the possibility of a slim model is unlikely I'd feel bummed if I missed out.

I've got Brizzo's board and a hunger to play Arkanoid.

Earlier, it did seem that the spinner being made would not fit.
the lowest point on the spinner was the optics PCB. I believe it's been adjusted to be as short as possible which has reduced the clearance required from 80mm down to 73mm

I don't know what this means for the cute but it does benefit a few other cabs.

the lowest point on the spinner was the optics PCB. I believe it's been adjusted to be as short as possible which has reduced the clearance required from 80mm down to 73mm

I don't know what this means for the cute but it does benefit a few other cabs.
This is an original. Not sure if the reproductions are different.

Attachments

• 3C6549B7-0031-40F9-995A-C5A9F190201F.jpeg
    3C6549B7-0031-40F9-995A-C5A9F190201F.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 98
i tested it in my 3d design
it is not about the pcb only
mini cute panel is not PUT and play style you know
you have to slide it which is not easy even with regular joysticks

You will see at the video, which only one way to fit inside ( im not saying %100 , i have to test it at the real world first )
if i move the switch little bit up, maybe it can fit inside

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0FV2tISSxM

I will also order two spinners if they fit in Capcom Mini Cute control panel!

@hursit Can you try it in this layout as @twistedsymphony suggested, I think it will fit just fine in this position, even if you move it a little further to the right.

1646156323793.png

this wont work ( not sure %100 , i will check )
because you have to slide the control panel little bit front first then you will pull back
i will test this one

I also have the 1 player control panel - I assume the depth issue is the same. Are there other issues found with the 2p cp that also apply to the 1p cp?

I already own a normal spinner panel.
There are plenty of awesome yet cheaper games I can already enjoy with it.
Buying these press spinners would only allow me to play 2 games I can't play for now.
I don't own these two games and would have to buy them, or a multi.
I don't really care about these two games, as I have never experienced them with their actual arcade controls.
I already have other arcade projects that my girlfriend would actually enjoy playing much more than FW, and I have to prioritize.

I'm fairly excited about this project. I feel sheepish in asking for a follow up. Hursit or Derick, still planning to test fit the repro mini cute with it's most recent depth adjustments?

I'm just waiting for them to be able to be purchased and shipped. I have a ton of stuff out on pre-order, weird shit out like Wata, etc- I try to avoid pre-ordering when I can is all. When they're up- I'll buy a pair!

The things I go through for Forgotten Worlds... pre-ordered, even if I'm not sure where I'll put it since I have a Vewlix. Does make me wonder if there are any slim options for the "button rotate" ROM hack version of the game. Seems like any optical spinner could be wired for that... but things like the Seimitsu LS-29 are also hard to find these days.

Last edited:
The things I go through for Forgotten Worlds... pre-ordered, even if I'm not sure where I'll put it since I have a Vewlix. Does make me wonder if there are any slim options for the "button rotate" ROM hack version of the game. Seems like any optical spinner could be wired for that... but things like the Seimitsu LS-29 are also hard to find these days.
I believe that the spinners will fit in the Vewlix without issue. Not certain if anyone explicitly confirmed that fact with one of the prototypes, but the measurements appear to work out.

I believe that the spinners will fit in the Vewlix without issue. Not certain if anyone explicitly confirmed that fact with one of the prototypes, but the measurements appear to work out.
Not by my rough measurements, but I could be wrong. Guess I’ll eventually find out. If there’s room I’d just need a new one player panel cut (not willing to drill out my original Capcom panel).

Remeasured, and it's borderline. Will be a tight fit, but it just might work. TRFightStick even has panels up for pre-order [https://www.trfightstick.com/product-page/control-panel-for-spinner-joystick-pre-order]. Not a fan of the art on them, but it indicates that it's an option.

Last edited:
Hello,

Does it fit inside an astro control panel?

Back