What's new
Want To Buy
Very rough estimate, usually shipping from the west to Boston is ~$500. East coast to Boston ~$350.

I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions, guys. This seems like a very friendly and supportive community.

On a side note, if anyone in the area is looking for a PVM2530, I might be willing to trade mine for the right candy cab. PM me if you're interested.

Very rough estimate, usually shipping from the west to Boston is ~$500. East coast to Boston ~$350.
It's actually closer to 600$ these days (I shipped from CA to NH).
But as pointed out, shipping two cabs is basically the same price as one.

Ken actually has a really nice-looking Candy 29 Type II with a rebuilt monitor on eBay, but it's almost four grand... I could get two Blast Cities for that. I'd be crazy to spend that much on an arcade cabinet... right?
If your goal is to specifically buy a Candy 29 Type II, and you love that specific model cab and that's the one you want, then it's up to you if it's worth that much.

if you're just looking for "a" candy cab.. then there are much better options.

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of cool candy cabs out there, I own two Egret 29s because once I saw them I loved the design and HAD to have it... but it can be an enormous pain because parts are non-existant. Both of my cabs I bought non-working and in bad need of repair. I paid over $350 for a PART of a used/scratched up marquee holder because I needed one and to this day I still haven't seen another come up for sale. and hunting for years I still haven't found another 2l12B panel at any price... I know a few people with these cabs that have owned them for years and can't play them because of key parts that are missing and just can't be found anywhere. This is a similar struggle with pretty much any non-sega, non-lcd cab.

meanwhile astro city, blast city, and net city parts are extremely easy to find, if you need anything there's probably an auction on ebay with that part right now, and if you don't like it wait a few weeks and another will pop up.

Rare cabs are cool but it's a whole other level of challenge/frustration to restore and keep them running.

meanwhile astro city, blast city, and net city parts are extremely easy to find,
easier yes, but I would go as far as to say "easy" in general.

I love the look of the Blast, with its oversized marquee and removable control panel... I swear to you that Nanao 29xx CRT is TRASH tho!
Worst CRT I've ever had the displeasure of working on, I was a big fan of Wels Gardner family.
Don't buy into the hype around multi syncs/tri syncs, they may display everything but nothing looks as good as on a pure 15khz tube.

Also if you are using a CRT to display 31khz games I think thats (forgive my bluntness) fucking retarded.

I agree with @jassin000 but it is subjective. I totally prefer my egret ms9 picture over my blast’s nanao for 15khz. It is easier to get looking good, and looks better overall for 15khz. I do keep thinking about trading one blast for something else 15khz, aero or Astro or something, but there’s a lot that’s great about the blast that keeps me coming back - the internal io, native support for model 2/3, easy stereo, easy to find parts, cp’s that swap with everything else I have, and I already did all the cleanup work!

but before I had an ms9 right next to my nanao, I didn’t have a point of comparison and was pretty happy. Ignorance is bliss?

Also if you are using a CRT to display 31khz games I think thats (forgive my bluntness) fucking retarded.
eh, My Net City has a pretty trashy 31K only Nanao CRT in it, it's in need of a recap and some convergence adjustment but I still think NAOMI, TTX1, and System 2x6 games (all designed specifically for 480P) look better on that then they do on my Vewlix. Don't get me wrong they look great on the Vewlix but they're also designed to use the soft-ness of the CRT image as a sort of natural Anti-Aliasing. So they just LOOK up-scaled and full of jaggies on the Vewlix and they look "right" on the Net City.

Not to mention lag. my TGM3 scores are consistently better on the net-city than on Vewlix.

I’m good on tv’s, sorry! My 20L5 is a damn standing desk since my office closed for COVID. no room left, had to stack it on a work bench, and I plop my computer on top of that.

I'm also looking for cab in New England area @ShiftingBlank

I've held off from purchasing due to shipping costs. I don't know how far north into Maine you are, but splitting shipping on a multi-cab purchase with 1 or 2 others and a short drive may be an option. From the quotes I saw recently the shipping costs were nearly identical from west coast and lower east cost to this area ($500-$600 for one, $700-800 for two). Shipping from China was around $700 for one.

It's a pay $$$ or patience game around here.

Back