What's new
For Sale

Coughdrop

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello!! ^^

I just got my hands on a Naomi Universal Cabinet after years of wanting one. I was planning to restore it which sadly seems to already have been done to a degree (lazily) with white paint, but i would like to undo that and redo it with more care. In looks i'd like it to be as close to a blank Naomi Universal cab as possible to really live up to the Universal name (With a Netdimm basing the decals around a sinlge game would rarely ever match too) For now I'd like to avoid reproduction parts. Am fine with unaltered scans of NOS decals though.

My main problem with it right now is the fact that it's got a modified 3-button control panel converted to a 5-button setup with very cheap Chinese parts. I'd love to know if anyone can point me in the direction of a SEGA HOT-2005 panel or let me know if they have a spare lying somewhere, it doesn't have to be NOS.

I'd also love to know if this combo is even able to be made with official SEGA parts (without drilling), that being a 2L 12B Control panel with the stock orange bordered / skyish gradient Naomi look and the thick plexi over top. Did they ever make these? Or were there Naomi universal overlays that were supposed to be fitted and trimmed to these HOT-2005 Panels to get an official 2L 6b panel, and was the piece of plexi over top available separately for these newly fitted overlays?
I'm starting to think the games that would use that control setup have custom overlays with a HOT-2005 anyways.

Any insight or offers hugely appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Just saw i missed the WTB page, don't see an option to relocate it there.
Sorry if this is on the wrong board! :S

Back