What's new
For Sale

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I will be getting multiples of the SNES classic mini when it comes out and I would love to have the Euro or Japan version for my collection since they look completely different. Maybe one of you guys from across the pond feel the same way? Let's trade unopened units with each person paying shipping to the other.

Any takers?

Are the games on the unit the same?
If I get my order confirmed, I would be in for a USA<->Euro trade :D

There are supposed to be lots more of these made this year so we should be able to do swaps no problem. :)

I'll let you know when I have my spare one in hand.

I began my quest tonight at Wal-mart. Unfortunately I didn't know they gave tickets out at 8pm. They said that if anyone didn't show by 1am that they would forfeit their unit. I waited around to see. Well, this Wal-mart gave out 37 tickets but only actually had 34 units. There were 3 VERY PISSED people up in electronics.

I do have my one unit pre-ordered but I need two more. One for this trade and one to open and use. The first one will remain sealed with the one NES classic I got my hands on randomly.

I'll be up early to try to secure more units but I don't have a ton of hope since I saw people sleeping in their cars at both Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I was 2 people behind to get one. Feels bad man but not as much as the lady in front who wouldn't stop talking about how pissed she will be if she didn't get one.

second try and was 22 out of the 23 available in target. Tried another Walmart first but they didn't have it supposedly.

I did not try to get one.. my brother in Phoenix AZ game me a call this morning that he got one from his local Walmart.. He asked me if I wanted one so he can make a trip to his local bestbuy..My brother sent me a text, he got another one for me and will ship it today.. what a great surprise.. He is not even a gamer and I had no idea that he wanted to buy one...

So this morning was a different story. I showed up at the local Toys R Us right as they opened and got ticket 34 of 48. One person in line said that Best Buy still had some also so after paying at Toys R Us I ran to Best Buy. I walked in and asked and they directed me to Customer Service. There was no line left at this point (10:30am). They still had a stack of like 30 units back there. I was told they received well over 100 units! So I got one of them. Strict one unit only per customer policy there even though they had lots. Then I ran and got my pre-order from Game Stop.

So here is the rundown:

1-For me to keep sealed
1-For me to open and play with (yay!)
1-For trade for a Euro version.

If anyone in Japan can get a Japanese version I will do a trade with you as well. Just let me know!

Also, if you planned to scalp these, GOOD LUCK! I have a feeling these will be sitting on shelves in a few weeks.

4gs08m.jpg

at least there was enough stock that we don't have to get our shit from scalpers. Today is a good day.

Mine's still saying "Preparing your order". But now that Star Fox 2's rom is dumped and confirmed working on real hardware I don't mind if it gets canceled or not. I got the NES Classic all excitedly, played it for a few hours then put it away until you could add games, played a few hours, now it's in the closet.

I'm glad to hear everyone's having good luck though.

So they've already extracted the final version rom from the classic? Man hackers work fast.

I got the NES Classic all excitedly, played it for a few hours then put it away until you could add games, played a few hours, now it's in the closet.

I'm glad to hear everyone's having good luck though.
Yeah I actually didn't know about the NES classic until like January. How did I miss that? I was lucky enough to find one sitting on the shelf in Meijer a few months ago. I was so tempted to open it and play with it but I decided I would only open it if I found another to keep sealed. So one of these will be sitting next to the NES Classic I still have sealed in my collection. But since the SNES is my all time fave system, and this has a great lineup of games on it, aaaaand I was able to snag an extra, it will see plenty of action!

I know everyone else had really hard time with NES Classic pre-orders, but I got in 4 (all went to family) without a problem. SNES Classic pre-orders just never lined up, I was driving when they came up or otherwise pre-occupied except the last batch of Wal-Mart ones. Cool you randomly found one in Meijer's though, what are the odds?

Yeah, final image is on-line, it's confirmed to work nicely in both Higan and on real hardware. Picked up another copy of Doom and should hopefully have it on a cart soon-ish.

I don't know where you could find the rom, but maybe this guy does in the description. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Picking up my pre-order this morning, I'm undecided on whether to open it or leave it sealed since I've only bought one, I think I'll open it but if there is actually stock available this time after Christmas (as big N have suggested there will be) I'll pick up a second unit then and leave it sealed :)

Is there a flash cart that supports SuperFX? I'm not above killing a game but it'd be nice to avoid it. I know my sd2snes won't, which is why I still own an original starfox cart.

Is there a flash cart that supports SuperFX? I'm not above killing a game but it'd be nice to avoid it. I know my sd2snes won't, which is why I still own an original starfox cart.
SD2SNES creators have mentioned working toward SuperFX support. No comments yet on if this means a new flash cart or just a very intense software update. But either way, it's in the works.

Your only options for cart sacrificing are Doom, Yoshi's Island, and some PAL only Olympic game that goes for $100+ since it's a SuperFX 2 game, not just a SuperFX game. :(

The guy in the video above has a video on making a repro Starfox 2 and he says you have to use Stunt Race FX or Dirt Trax FX

No idea if these 2 games use a different SuperFX chip to the other games or if they were just the 2 games that came to mind for him

Back