What's new
For Sale
The guy in the video above has a video on making a repro Starfox 2 and he says you have to use Stunt Race FX or Dirt Trax FX

No idea if these 2 games use a different SuperFX chip to the other games or if they were just the 2 games that came to mind for him
Interesting. I didn't watch his video, I just found it as a link to the rom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_FX shows Star Fox 2 as a SuperFX 2 chip. Maybe it can be done on a normal SFX chip game as well?

I was going to try to make myself a Starfox 2 a few years ago using Doom but I could never find a place with the newest info in one spot. I saw different methods all over the web and I got confused and forgot about it.

I think I read that instead of the SFX2 chip you could use a SFX cart and overclock the crystal. Never could find definitive info though. If anyone knows please share the best method.

Happy SNES Mini day everyone!

Just picked mine up and spent the last 2 hours playing with it, unlocked Starfox 2 etc.

Controllers feel good, different and a bit lighter than original but still feel well made, the menu works really well, emulation is spot on

I picked up the official USB adapter (in spite of the guy trying really hard to sell me the generic adapter, I know it's the same thing but I like the idea of a matching Nintendo adapter) - didn't pick up extension cables yet but I think I will, they offered them at a discount with the console purchase but I figure they're going to be even cheaper on eBay

I want the extension cable so I can play with the wii pro snes control.

letting my little brother beat the mine cart level. So far 8 deaths

I tried playing Super Ghouls n Ghosts, I lasted about 15 seconds, just as difficult as I remember, haha

I got the mine today as well but not trading for that ugly ass US one :P

Looks like PascalP and I are going to be working it out. Thanks though!

Is there someone else in the US that needs a trade with an european SNES Mini ?!
I'll be in ;)

I know everyone else had really hard time with NES Classic pre-orders, but I got in 4 (all went to family) without a problem. SNES Classic pre-orders just never lined up, I was driving when they came up or otherwise pre-occupied except the last batch of Wal-Mart ones. Cool you randomly found one in Meijer's though, what are the odds?

Yeah, final image is on-line, it's confirmed to work nicely in both Higan and on real hardware. Picked up another copy of Doom and should hopefully have it on a cart soon-ish.

I don't know where you could find the rom, but maybe this guy does in the description. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

The guy in the video above has a video on making a repro Starfox 2 and he says you have to use Stunt Race FX or Dirt Trax FX

No idea if these 2 games use a different SuperFX chip to the other games or if they were just the 2 games that came to mind for him
Interesting. I didn't watch his video, I just found it as a link to the rom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_FX shows Star Fox 2 as a SuperFX 2 chip. Maybe it can be done on a normal SFX chip game as well?
I was going to try to make myself a Starfox 2 a few years ago using Doom but I could never find a place with the newest info in one spot. I saw different methods all over the web and I got confused and forgot about it.

I think I read that instead of the SFX2 chip you could use a SFX cart and overclock the crystal. Never could find definitive info though. If anyone knows please share the best method.
I've been looking into this and ordered some carts to try it myself. I've started a thread on this here: StarFox 2 SNES Cart Conversion Discussion

I have an AUS/EU Snes Mini I would be looking to trade but dont want to trade for another snes, Instead would prefer a suicided CPS2 B board with G Pal in Rev 7 or whatever revision is best for the multi. Would also consider an MVS board too but would firstly like to focus on the CPS2 board. Will also post a thread in the FS section.

Throwing my 2cents in here, from Australia too where there are still SNES Mini's on the shelves up here in Brisbane at least. If anyone needs one for cost ($119.95 AUD / $95 USD), I'd glady pick one up for you, or easily trade one for a US or Japanese system for my personal use. Thanks.

One half of our trade is complete! Just waiting for him to go pick his up. Tracking says it's ready. :) So far I am happy with the trade:

x3y8ua.jpg

Can't wait for PascalP to post pictures of his.

Good trade. Let's do it again sometime.

I know many people hate the USA design of the SNES but the US Classic box is better than the other regions I've seen. No huge warnings pasted all over the front. lol

I know many people hate the USA design of the SNES but the US Classic box is better than the other regions I've seen. No huge warnings pasted all over the front. lol
The Australian one is the same as the Euro but without all the warning stuff, just a rating sticker

Better than this? :D

UK8kcUf.jpg

bDvhSjd.jpg

Back