What's new
For Sale
Sorry, reading notes wrong again. Its 4.3k R3/7 and 1.8k for R5/8. The other number was for the JL-AMP-01 which has the pot

I have tested this on 3 sticks. I have a semi working pot on the stick I was originally testing, could explain some odd reading I was getting. I'm getting very close to full range and will most likely keep it at these values for a little buffer room. This was tested on the gundam stick unmodified, using dragonminded repro amp.

R11 and R12 got replace with 52.3 Ohm @1% (I would imagine any value around 50 ish should work)
R2 and R9 got replace with 2kohm @ 1% (I only have 1K on hand so I double hem up) a higher resistance will make it more sensitive

I average around
F5
F5

The resting point fluctuate arounf 75-80

Options for using Gundam sticks
Option 1:
Get close to original sensitive. Wire directly to stick. Will need 6 wire, if you only have 4 you will need to piggyback the power and ground.

Option 2:
If you want close to original sensitive, don't want to modify your harness and want to use the amp. Ad a 2k resistor to pin 1 and 3 of the pot.

Option 3:
If you want to use your amp and want a little more sensitivity add 1.6k resistor instead of the 2k. 1.6k is about as low I would go. On one of my stick on one of the axis I max out . The other 5 pots are around F5

Option 4:
If you want more sensitivity but don't want to add resistor to the harness. You need to make some changes to the op amp. If you don't want to desolder the old resistor you can add a 50ohm resistor (I only have 52.3ohm on hand) in parallel to R11/12 and a 2k resistor (I only have 1k on hand so you will see 2) in parallel to R2 and R9.

If you are making your own repro amp. Change resistor R11 and R12 to 50 ohm. Change R2 and R9 to 2k.

Attachments

• 20211124_100251~2.jpg
    20211124_100251~2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20211124_100311~2.jpg
    20211124_100311~2.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 77
I am wiring this up now, and am trying to understand where to put the 2K pot for Option 2.

I don't see a pot on the amp. Am I supposed to add a 2K resistor to each of the two pots on the actual Gundam stick? If so, which orientation, etc. Sorry, just trying to get this right.

Yes on the stick itself. The pot should be number 1,2,3 you want to put them on 1 and 3. One end of the resistor to the pot the other to the wire (yellow and white) you will need 4× 2k resistor

We are up and running!!! Had a little scare on first play, I couldn't get enough speed to get up slopes. After entering test mode and calibrating the stick, it's working great!!!!! Thanks to everyone for making this all come together!

Yeah you definitely need to calibrate. What are your calibration number? Now you just need to implement Dragonminded eprom preset so you can load up the calibration number on boot

I will get numbers tomorrow and post back. I need to research the eprom thing. Will that work with the CF boot system?
1637816514501.jpg
That I'm not sure. I haven't been following that thread as of late. If you're not switching games often and have a battery/battery mod on the dimm board you don'thave to worry about it. . Look like your banana is to low. The m5 need to me on the middle screw to match original hight when using nnap banana. Wire harness is a good length for your setup?

Cool I'll try to tune in. How far in the levels have you got to
I've only played through beginner to test. I want to discover the game live and see how everything performs. I'll run the number checks too so you can see how everything rates.

With my limited play, advance 15 kicking my ass. Very nice setup by the way. My harness is a good length?

With my limited play, advance 15 kicking my ass. Very nice setup by the way. My harness is a good length?
For someone installing directly into a cab it is perfect. Because I use separated panels, I built an amp up extension cable. But I'd say everything is perfect in the kit length wise. Luckily I had the Resistors laying around, but may be a cool option if you offered those with your kit!

For someone installing directly into a cab it is perfect. Because I use separated panels, I built an amp up extension cable. But I'd say everything is perfect in the kit length wise. Luckily I had the Resistors laying around, but may be a cool option if you offered those with your kit!
That is the plan for anyone with op amp

You did way better then my 1st go around. This was my 1st monkeyball game so I had lot to learn. I wonder how a speed runner would do on the banana.

Once this 1st batch is done I'm thinking about pad hacking the joycon to work with the stick

Back