What's new
For Sale
The art set definitely finishes off the cab :)

KgBFGJuh.jpg

Looks good, any plans for a translated version of the move strip?

I spoke to Ultimarc and got some specs for the above mentioned joysticks.

The Flightstick version has a shaft with a diameter of 10 mm. It has a hole drilled for fitting the handle 30 mm up from the base plate.

The normal version has a diameter of 9 mm. The length is 36 mm from the base plate to the bottom of the ball top. I assume the threads add 6-10 mm. There is an optional shaft 10 mm longer.

Which one would fit best with the banana? I can drill a hole for the bottom mounting screw if needed. What is the shaft diameter and length from the base plate of the Gundam stick (for comparison)?

I spoke to Ultimarc and got some specs for the above mentioned joysticks.

The Flightstick version has a shaft with a diameter of 10 mm. It has a hole drilled for fitting the handle 30 mm up from the base plate.

The normal version has a diameter of 9 mm. The length is 36 mm from the base plate to the bottom of the ball top. I assume the threads add 6-10 mm. There is an optional shaft 10 mm longer.

Which one would fit best with the banana? I can drill a hole for the bottom mounting screw if needed. What is the shaft diameter and length from the base plate of the Gundam stick (for comparison)?
Our original banana has a 10mm hole to fit a 9.8mm
Shaft and our Gundam banana has a hole 12mm to fit a 11.8mm shaft.

I see you ordered the OG banana, you should be good to go if you order that 10mm stick shaft.

Will you be putting a rubber gasket at the base?
Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for your order.

We also need to know the thread position from the base to the 1st and 2nd set of thread to mount the banana

We also need to know the thread position from the base to the 1st and 2nd set of thread to mount the banana
That shaft on the stick he’s using has no holes, he will need to drill the shaft for the bottom hole of our og banana

Just ordered that stick to R&D
10mm shaft bat top

Mirko, the Flight stick model has 10 mm shaft, while the normal with ball or bat top has 9 mm. So my guess is that you ordered one with 9 mm.

I do not have the joystick yet. It's in my shopping basked, waiting to be checked out. Now I guess I'll wait for the result of the R&D process. :D

Monkey Ball is pretty decently emulated in Flycast. If you have the chance, I would be happy to know how you would compare an emulated setup + UltraStick to the real Naomi game with the original controller. I just played it once 15 years ago. Actually, if you find the UltraStik being too far off from the original, I might need to change my mind and complete my order with a Gundam stick. I do have a Naomi, but I actually prefer the simplicity of emulation as long it is done good.

If the diameter of the shaft is too small, perhaps you can thicken it using tape of some sort?

I will use a rubber gasket, but I'll order one together with the repro panel things from arcadeartshop.com. Though, if you happen to have a spare sealing ring, I'd be happy to buy it. Otherwise I'll 3d print one myself (though I doubt I'll make it as shiny as your banana, but the ring is not exposed in the same way).

I see you ordered the OG banana

Yes, given that OG means Gundam (No holes) c/w M5 screws

Last edited:
Have you received the stick yet? If so, have you tried it out anything? I'm eager to hear any conclusions. :)
Yes I did, haven’t had a chance look at it yet. Ill get back to you next wee

Morning! Has anyone torn down their Gundam sticks and rebuilt them?
One of mine is filthy and the plastic barrel looks deformed.
Replacements are available, but I'd like to see it done before I start to dissemble...

Saw your build on IG - I guess correct :D

I haven't personally rebuilt them

Just placed an order, did I miss out on the art kit?

Yes I did, haven’t had a chance look at it yet. Ill get back to you next wee
Cool! Looking forward for the results of the R&D process. :) Both in terms of fitting the banana, but also the playability and similarities in feeling of the original hardware.

Hi. It’s late here and I can’t think…
My joystick is currently inverted… the axes are correct, but left is right, push is pull etc…
Which pins do I need to swap? +5v & Gnd for each channel??

Back