What's new
Thanks all. I was able to figure it out by posting my question on here. I ended up re-wiring my harness and there was a cross connection between my 1P SW1 and 1P SW3. After testing continuity, these two switches ended up being connected.

My Multi 1.4 works again.

However, I did find that when I loaded 2.0, none of the controls registered. Not sure what I'm missing but if my harness and JVS works with 1.4, were mappings changed in 2.0? The changelog did not mention map changes that I am aware of.

Are there any special settings to launch Dariusburst ?

I have put TXAC key in its subfolder, edited screen size in setting.ini from game (1280x720 @60Hz), and added Config.ini "gametype=jvs" in its subfolder... and the game reboots to menu.

I guess there is something to specify about resolution or something else.

Thanx.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I was able to figure it out by posting my question on here. I ended up re-wiring my harness and there was a cross connection between my 1P SW1 and 1P SW3. After testing continuity, these two switches ended up being connected.

However, I did find that when I loaded 2.0, none of the controls registered. Not sure what I'm missing but if my harness and JVS works with 1.4, were mappings changed in 2.0? The changelog did not mention map changes that I am aware of.
If you're able to get to the menu then the multi can communicate with your JVS I/O. Its very odd that controls work in v1.4 but not in v2.0. Likely you have something else going on, do you have another JVS I/O you can test with?

I see you're using a Sega Rev. B which is the same I/O board I use in my development environment, so it should be working.

I have put TXAC key in its subfolder, edited screen size in setting.ini from game (1280x720 @60Hz), and added Config.ini "gametype=jvs" in its subfolder... and the game reboots to menu.

Thanx.
Dariusburst is a FastI/O game not JVS. :thumbup:

Also, I think the game checks the EDID and the presence of two monitors. I dont think that can be adjusted in the settings.ini.

If you're able to get to the menu then the multi can communicate with your JVS I/O. Its very odd that controls work in v1.4 but not in v2.0. Likely you have something else going on, do you have another JVS I/O you can test with?

I see you're using a Sega Rev. B which is the same I/O board I use in my development environment, so it should be working.
Unfortunately, I do not. Do you have a recommendation of what alternative I/O I should use to test or should I look for another Rev B to test and confirm? I am reloading another 2.0 image to make sure I did the image properly. I found that when I tested one game, SF4 2012 Patched, the screen stayed at the Initialization screen... but this was on v1.4.

On v2.0 I will do more testing to make sure I exhaust my resources while I find an alternate I/O to rule out hardware issues.

Thanks Niko!

Thanx.
Dariusburst is a FastI/O game not JVS. :thumbup:

Also, I think the game checks the EDID and the presence of two monitors. I dont think that can be adjusted in the settings.ini.
init.ini file comments translation from jap to english let me think it would be possible to launch it in 1 screen with JVS.

init.ini file :

// From above
//
// ・Display size width (both sides)
// ・High display size
// ・Refresh rate
// ・Window mode (0), full screen mode (1), window maximization mode (2)
// ・Waiting for V-Sync (0), not (1)
// ・Do not use JVS (0), do (1)
// ・Master volume not used (0), enabled (1)
// ・Product version: Product version (0), Location test version (1)
// ・Do not use network (0), do (1)
// ・Do not use TTXAppCrypt (0), do (1)
// ・Do not output the process log (0), do (1)
// ・Game region : Japanese (0), English (1), Chinese (2)

// Do in window mode, if the size exceeds the horizontal and vertical width of your screen.
// Wrong window ratio : please specify the size within the screen range.
// Full screen mode requires setting resolution and refresh rate.
// Refer to "adapterMode.txt" created at runtime for the configurable refresh rate.
// Be sure to set the TTXAppCrypt flag to 1 when testing with the embedded version and dummy server.

Last edited:
Haven't looked into it myself, but it's possible that either that's an ini for a hacked version of the game meant to run on PC, or it still doesn't patch the EDID check, which isn't in the .ini. It's possible you can open the launcher in a hex editor and try to figure out how to zero out the EDID (not sure if this would actually work) or edit it to match your display.

if anyone works out how to make Darius burst work on 1 screen please let me know , another game i would like to run

Haven't looked into it myself, but it's possible that either that's an ini for a hacked version of the game meant to run on PC, or it still doesn't patch the EDID check, which isn't in the .ini. It's possible you can open the launcher in a hex editor and try to figure out how to zero out the EDID (not sure if this would actually work) or edit it to match your display.
I haven't opened it in hex or disassembled it, but the only things I know are :
- EDDATA folder is empty ;
- init.ini comes from TTX2 version and not from a hack or PC ver.

Do I have to use command prompt with C button from TX2multi to launch a batch (*.bat) file before running the game ?

Edit : I've quickly looked at Darius EX game.exe, it loads and saves data on D:\ like D:\EDDATA\ instead of sv\ directory where game.exe is.

Last edited:
Does TypeX2multi support patches from Jconfig ?
Jconfig is the only way I've found to run it on 1 screen (window mode) on PC.

Anyone else noticed that Shikigami 3 looks a bit stretched on a Vewlix? Is this game 4:3 only?

Anyone else noticed that Shikigami 3 looks a bit stretched on a Vewlix? Is this game 4:3 only?
yes. all of the TTX1 games are 4:3 only, they're designed for 480p/480i resolution. They're really designed for Egret3 cabs not Vewlix.
I think if you run the NESICA version they add borders to fill out the widescreen.

I have a dedicated TTX1 multi that I run on my Net City for this reason.

No, it doesn't. You should modify the game launcher directly. I'm almost positive the issue is the EDID check.

i have the same problem with 2.0 , my controller doesnt work in list game menu. can someone give me a link for 1.4 version? thanks a lot!

No, it doesn't. You should modify the game launcher directly. I'm almost positive the issue is the EDID check.
Jconfig 1.6 is not launchable on the Multi.

Gonna try to make another SSD/HDD with files and game.exe as Ttxshell.exe in system32 to boot directly.

v2.0 supports in memory patching. No need to modify the game executable directly.

Code:
#Comment
<offset>;<byte to write>
Take a look at some of the included game patch.ini files for examples.

v2.0 supports in memory patching. No need to modify the game executable directly.

Code:
#Comment
<offset>;<byte to write>
Take a look at some of the included game patch.ini files for examples.
Offset : Do I have to specify memory addresses where the patch is applied in RAM ?

Back