What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

rancor

Professional
Reaction score
Forum member @tonyt76 received his stools from me (according to tracking) on July 25th, 2019. I woke up today (September 28th 2019) to a Paypal claim for a full refund ( >$300) for "items damaged in transit", yet his Paypal claim was "Item not as described".
Why is this just now coming up two months after he accepted delivery?
Why has he not tried to contact me directly either through these forums or via email? I'm not a difficult person to contact.

Anyhow, be careful out there. We have snakes in our community. :/

Well that sucks man!!

what did Paypal say, I assume you have a chance to reply to right?

Last edited:
Wow, I just replied back to a PM from him about wanting to buy a Vewlix L Cp 8|

I hope he chimes in on what happened, maybe a mistake/misunderstanding?

But yeah, I have had a couple of issues like that were buyer has filed a claim almost 6 months to day of the transaction, claiming item not as described/defective. What am I supposed to do with that? Being that it’s an electronic item/pcb that they have had/used for almost 6 months and now they want a refund? Reason why I only do PayPal gift now on just about anything I sell or I rather not sell it. I always tell buyers my rep is more important than the $$, if you have an issue with an item I will give you a full refund/make it right if item is returned in the same condition and obviously it’s defective.

In any event, I hope you guys work it out. All I know is that I got benches from Rancor and have zero issues with them :thumbup:

Last edited:
I just don't understand why I have heard nothing about this for two months until the Paypal dispute for a full refund I got this morning. If he's active in the community, then he knows how these things should be done - getting Paypal involved is the absolute last thing to be done.

Anyhow, if he replies I'll follow Paypal rules and only communicate with him via their system. He's going to lose the claim because he stated that "Items were not as described", and that ALL stools were "damaged in transit". Thats not my fault - he needed to either refuse the shipment, or file a claim with the postal service.

what did Paypal say, I assume you have a chance to reply to right?
Paypal said: "The buyer reported that the item they received wasn't as described."

The whole thing sounds shoddy...

For the record though, with USPS the shipper has to file claims for damages or missing international mail, not the recipient. The recipient actually has no ability to do anything. Found this out a couple times in the past few months. Once for a missing package from the Netherlands and once for a damaged one from Japan.

That doesn't really help here since you weren't even informed there was an issue, nor is it relevant because if they were damaged on receipt it would have been brought up months ago, but it's information worth knowing.

@rancor I apologize I should have contacted you first. I’m not trying to be a snake or scam you. I just had a baby so my free time has been devoted towards being a Dad. I just got around to unboxing the stools now (yes months later). The legs are bent pretty bad on them.

Again I’m not trying to scam you. I was very disappointed/upset when I saw that the stools were damaged. I will admit, I may have reacted harshly by opening a PayPal claim.

We can work things out here in public or over PM, whichever you feel more comfortable doing.

Last edited:
Forum member @tonyt76 received his stools from me (according to tracking) on July 25th, 2019. I woke up today (September 28th 2019) to a Paypal claim for a full refund ( >$300) for "items damaged in transit", yet his Paypal claim was "Item not as described".
Why is this just now coming up two months after he accepted delivery?
Why has he not tried to contact me directly either through these forums or via email? I'm not a difficult person to contact.

Anyhow, be careful out there. We have snakes in our community. :/

hi :
hopefully its like these snakes. fun for everyone. look even the snake is smiling.

kind regards
euphoria

Attachments

• 17B5C594-3BA2-40FE-8B65-A30406DE016E.jpeg
    17B5C594-3BA2-40FE-8B65-A30406DE016E.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
@rancor I apologize I should have contacted you first. I’m not trying to be a snake or scam you. I just had a baby so my free time has been devoted towards being a Dad. I just got around to unboxing the stools now (yes months later). The legs are bent pretty bad on them.

Again I’m not trying to scam you. I was very disappointed/upset when I saw that the stools were damaged. I will admit, I may have reacted harshly by opening a PayPal claim.

We can work things out here in public or over PM, whichever you feel more comfortable doing.
That's a very good way of making things go back to normal. We let you guys fine tune the details...and congrats on the babe. MAny of us know that having a baby can make your life extremely complicated.

Ooooookkkk!!! Let’s just say something got lost in translation with the above comment.
His image isn’t loading for me. No idea why there are downvotes. I think euphoria is just making a joke

I think euphoria was making a joke as well.. I am wandering what the image is/was:)

Ok folks...life gets busy....and it can get rough....I get it. We all have our lives outside this family here, and that's exactly how its supposed to be. We genuinely want the best for all members of our extended family here, and their families too!

That being said, I have the following three things to add to this conversation....

1) Most of us have never met each other. Some folks share enough to link facebooks, or other profiles...or to have met in person at some point, but most of us have not. Hell, most of us have no idea, what the other folks here even look like! That means the only thing we have here that binds us, are our common interests, and our word as people of integrity and character. We hold each other accountable for that, and expect the common, positive will of our community to be upheld by every member here. The only way a community like ours can thrive, is through this kind of thinking, and we all owe it to each other, and the brilliant folks who share their work, time, and love here, to honor that.

2)tonyt76's actions, in not contacting Rancor first, and going straight for his pocketbook, and his reputation and status with paypal, are not fitting to the standards we hold above. This type of behavior is unacceptable. Contact has been made now, and apologies issued, but AFTER being called out by our community. Rancor has proven himself to be a standup individual, with many transactions and many happy customers. Tony's sentence of , "May have reacted harshly," is an significant understatement in this case. Hopefully the situation gets sorted quickly and amicably, but throwing someone to the wolves, before you've even given them a chance to discuss the matter, is not OK. All we can do, once we've made a mistake, is our best to correct it, and to not repeat it, moving forward. I have faith that this is what will happen here.

3) Regardless of who the buyer or seller are...the onus is on you, as the buyer, to ensure the product that you received, arrived in proper and correct condition. Unless you have discussed it with your seller, and let them know of circumstances...you should be expected to report problems within two weeks...or a month at max. If you wait 60 days before opening your package to inspect...at that point, the fault is yours. Reaching out to a seller for a discussion is fine, and many here would be gracious enough to try and help....but to expect them to bend over backwards, or rake them over the coals, because you were too busy, or didn't have your life together at the time of purchase, is ludicrous.

These points are simply a reminder of the tenets of our community, and the standards we hold each other to. I am not attacking anyone, certainly not Tony. The situation, however, is an excellent teaching tool, to remind us how to be good to each other. Hopefully they are all points, our community will consider as they make future transactions on this site.

That's a very good way of making things go back to normal. We let you guys fine tune the details...and congrats on the babe. MAny of us know that having a baby can make your life extremely complicated.
Thanks @Darksoft !

hi :

Anyway back to my post before the internet died.
What i was trying to say. It seemed very sour the position on both parties.
You both have a right to vent. I really was trying to sweeten the mood.
i have been in both situations seller and buyer. burned on some large transactions.
When you get nothing but damage and cutoff, you feel a bit off.
I believe life is sweeter, having simple things. So instead of convoluting the post.
Pardon any negative inference.
Better to make people step back, even if you get angry at me.
Then with coear minds you can both have an amicible discussion.

Good night.
euphoria
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back