What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hell, most of us have no idea, what the other folks here even look like!"

Here is a picture of me and my girls :thumbsup: IMG_3826.JPG

"Hell, most of us have no idea, what the other folks here even look like!"

Here is a picture of me and my girls :thumbsup:
I would say I can't understand why they only got your right arm in that picture....but hell, some folks just have a face for radio!

:evil: :whistling: :saint: :D J/K!!!

See Brad Pitt? Only more handsome, with more charm and more class.
Damn, son....we could be twins! 8o

A quick update on the situation:

No contact was ever made with me, and the Paypal claim was never withdrawn. This morning Paypal decided that he must ship the stools back to me in Japan with tracking for a refund. A few hours later I received a second email from Paypal notifying me that the claim had been dropped. I guess this is where it ends.

paypal1.JPEG

Last edited:
Result, however it was all completely unnecessary. No time to communicate with you but time to communicate with paypal......righto.

Personally, if you don't open a package until 2 months after receiving it you just need to take it on the chin and accept it. I've had the same, bought stuff online, not done anything with it and found issues waayyyy down the line but that's on me. Well unless it has 12 months warranty or some such.

I bought some of these stools from Rancor earlier this year. They arrived mostly fine. There was only a slight unevenness to them that was sorted out after some extended play sessions. Nothing to open a Paypal claim over. Not saying there was no damage to tony's but some pictures always speak volumes, and you know, communication.

Maybe look into better ways to ship them as an option? They came wrapped in cellophane. Coming that far across the ocean I was amazed they weren't in worse condition tbh.

Wow, what a bullshit move.
It's one of the reasons why i document all transactions pre-boxing if I absoloutley can.
The process is arduous, but a little video/pictures go a long way if you get called out.

With my Twitch chan, people know what I look like, I can't hide.
Plus the arcade community is small, you can't afford to be a twat-waffle around these parts.
Reputation gets around quick.

But $300 bucks and free stools tho...
Get the rope.

@rancor see post #8. "We can work things out here in public or over PM, whichever you feel more comfortable doing."

That was my way of saying lets work things out. You did not reach out to me after I posted that. That was also my way of saying how do you want to handle this? You chose to do absolutely nothing.

You started this thread stating that you got "scammed by a snake in the community". How? I filed a claim with Paypal over damaged merchandise that I received from you. Were you out any money by the claim? No!

All 3 stools were stacked on top of each other in a thin box with no packing material whatsoever. What makes you think that a package that was packed so poorly would survive its long trip damage free? Well guess what? It didn't!

I work very hard for my money. If I purchased a car from you and it arrived with all of the body panels dented, should I just suck it up and take a hammer and beat out all of the dents myself?

As a seller you are responsible for any damage that occurs to items during shipping. Filing a claim is a way for the buyer and seller to work things out with each other. If both parties cannot come to an agreement, then either party can escalate the claim for review.

I dropped the claim so you are out absolutely nothing! I guess you didn't get scammed after all...

@rancor see post #8. "We can work things out here in public or over PM, whichever you feel more comfortable doing."

That was my way of saying lets work things out. You did not reach out to me after I posted that. That was also my way of saying how do you want to handle this? You chose to do absolutely nothing.

You started this thread stating that you got "scammed by a snake in the community". How? I filed a claim with Paypal over damaged merchandise that I received from you. Were you out any money by the claim? No!

All 3 stools were stacked on top of each other in a thin box with no packing material whatsoever. What makes you think that a package that was packed so poorly would survive its long trip damage free? Well guess what? It didn't!

I work very hard for my money. If I purchased a car from you and it arrived with all of the body panels dented, should I just suck it up and take a hammer and beat out all of the dents myself?

As a seller you are responsible for any damage that occurs to items during shipping. Filing a claim is a way for the buyer and seller to work things out with each other. If both parties cannot come to an agreement, then either party can escalate the claim for review.

I dropped the claim so you are out absolutely nothing! I guess you didn't get scammed after all...

They're bent legs on a stool. Bend them back. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Taking two minutes per stool to bend the legs proper isn't the equivalent of having to beat dents out of body panels on a car. Come on...

You admitted that you were probably rash in not contacting rancor first, then say you're willing to work it out, and for a second time don't bother to contact him, and then when the sequence of events is brought to light in a public forum somehow manage to come back with this....?

With replies like this you're going to ostracize yourself from this community and very few are going to want to deal with you given the way you're handling things.... Sure know I wouldn't take your money after this.

Last edited:
Lets take this in the order that it happened:

1. You filed an out-of-the-blue Paypal claim against me 2 months after receiving my boxed shipment.
2. I posted about it here
3. I said in post #5 "if he replies I'll follow Paypal rules and only communicate with him via their system."
4. you said in post #8 "I will admit, I may have reacted harshly by opening a PayPal claim."
5. You never dropped that Paypal claim and let it play through.
6. The Paypal claim apparently did not come out how you expected - free stools and $310 - so you dropped the claim.
7. The Paypal claim has been dismissed, so we are communicating freely now.
7. You wrote "If I purchased a car from you and it arrived with all of the body panels dented, should I just suck it up and take a hammer and beat out all of the dents myself?"

Essentially what you've done is driven the car home, claimed it had body damage, and then called the dealership and demanded a full refund for the price of the car. You've not provided anyone with any proof of damage so far. Everything so far is going by your word.

Correct me of any of the above is incorrect.

Last edited:
All 3 stools were stacked on top of each other in a thin box with no packing material whatsoever.
I'm 95% sure Taito ships out their stools stacked on top of each other too, basically in a plastic bag, with only the cardboard box protecting them. It has been a while, but I remember one of my boxes being punctured (...and I also recall $600 shipping charge, yay).

All 3 stools were stacked on top of each other in a thin box with no packing material whatsoever.
I'm 95% sure Taito ships out their stools stacked on top of each other too, basically in a plastic bag, with only the cardboard box protecting them. It has been a while, but I remember one of my boxes being punctured (...and I also recall $600 shipping charge, yay).
They do in fact. I imported some 50 of them years ago. Stacked five to a box, just a plastic bag around them.

To be fair, one of the boxes with my benches I got from rancor came a little abused, the legs on the benches were not straight, I grabbed that bitches legs straighten her the hell out. I did have to use rewrites technique, threw her face down, put my foot on her neck, and pulled until she gave. Had to do it dry too, didn’t want my hands to slip. but yeah, after some persuasion she was all good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back