What's new
Sorry for the recent spam on this forum with a lot of chihiro based questions, I obviously just got a chihiro recently :D

I've read through this whole thread again and couldn't really find an answer. I know this is a "Naomi CF Tool" but I'm wondering if anybody else has successfully burnt other chihiro images?

I've tried to write the files below on the same sandisk card and haven't had one successful game written (files are the extracted files from the WiPi image)

• ch-crazytaxihighroller_512_SBFY.bin (crc32 B0A9C447, would give me error 26 even though I've now confirmed the zero key is operational)
  • ch-maximumtune2verbexp_512_SBKD.bin (crc32 303B09AF, starts to load and the at around 3% gives me an error 26)
  • ch-maximumtuneverb_512_SBHQ.bin (crc32 D0F6243C, starts to load and the at around 3% gives me an error 26)
  • ch-outrun2_512_SGBZ.bin (crc32 23FD2E4B, starts to load and the at around 3% gives me an error 26)
  • ch-outrun2specialtours_512_SBJE.bin (crc32 961FBE5A, starts to load and the at around 3% gives me an error 26)
Command used is the following (I took out the -p as that's Naomi only)

Code:
gcfi -r -s 0x<SECTOR ID> -d I:\ -l ABC.BIN -g <GAMENAME>.bin

Any suggestions? Is it possible I'm using the incorrect files?

Edit: it seems generic cards are the answer for this particular system and card reader as per my findings here

Last edited:
The tools work with Chihiro/NAOMI/Triforce. I have tested it on all these platforms. I updated the title of the thread to reflect this.

I have personally written OR2SP, HOT3D to CF with no issues.

Are you sure those checksums you posted for the games are right ? The first checksum seems to be missing the last digit.

Last edited:
Oops, I've updated it.

I'll test HOTD3 I just didn't bother as I'm mainly looking for the "racing" variants

The irony!

Every single CF card that didn't work for my Naomi is working for the Chihiro!

The cards I purchased here work properly but every single SanDisk one I've tried has failed (I originally thought I wrote OR2SP to a SanDisk one, but I was mistaken, it was written to a generic one)

I've been able to write the games in the previous post to all these generic ones and they've loaded Crazy Taxi seems like the only one that will work properly on my or2 cab)

Reactions: rtw
I use Transcend cards of high quality. The speed grade does not matter on NAOMI since it does not use DMA but Chihiro and Triforce use DMA.

@mR_CaESaR what is your current state ? Can you load the games on your Chihiro ?

I use Transcend cards of high quality. The speed grade does not matter on NAOMI since it does not use DMA but Chihiro and Triforce use DMA.

@mR_CaESaR what is your current state ? Can you load the games on your Chihiro ?

I could always load my cf card that I had with the or2sp I had.

I now have a zero pic and can load other games via CF - was able to load crazy taxi, Wmmt (but that error'd out as I don't have all the other hw I need), I tried HOTD, but it also error'd out because it's a driving cab.

Reactions: rtw
I could always load my cf card that I had with the or2sp I had.

I now have a zero pic and can load other games via CF - was able to load crazy taxi, Wmmt (but that error'd out as I don't have all the other hw I need), I tried HOTD, but it also error'd out because it's a driving cab.

For WMMT - you can go into the service menu and turn off the wheel motor and the card reader, and it should boot fine.

Matt

hello Everyone,

NaomiCF v1.34 didn’t work for me in Windows 10 as I would get write errors flashing in about 5 mb/s. Once I executed NaomiCF in windows xp it flashed in 0.8mb/s and there were no write errors. I hope some day there could be a multi boot way so we can squeeze all the games onto one card.

so I can write the CF card properly:

F:\write_cf_chihiro>gcfi -r -s 0x3039 -d e:\ -l ABC.BIN -g Wangan_Midnight_Maximum_Tune_2B_EXP_512.bin
os version : 10.0 (19045)
logical drive : e:\
size : 1271MB
sector size : 512
removing files: done
physical drive: 5
sector offset : 0x3039
game file : Wangan_Midnight_Maximum_Tune_2B_EXP_512.bin
file size : 506925056 bytes
loader file : ABC.BIN
output file : WANGAN_M.BIN
region byte : unknown, encrypted file
game crc32 : 0x303b09af
loader crc32 : 0xcfc4f650
copying file : Wangan_Midnight_Maximum_Tune_2B_EXP_512.bin -> e:\WANGAN_M.BIN
generating xor: done
creating csum : done

Directory of E:\
2023-10-25 09:46 AM 256 ABC.BIN
2023-10-25 09:47 AM 506,925,056 WANGAN_M.BIN
2 File(s) 506,925,312 bytesexit
IMG_9081.jpg

and it appears to load fine:

IMG_9109.jpg

but then I get this
IMG_9110.jpg

and in test, it appears that no game is loaded.
IMG_9111.jpg

What am I doing wrong?! :(

How much memory does your Chihiro have ?

edit:
Also your card is 16GB, disk size is reported as 1271MB ?

Chihiro has 512 RAM.
Again, netbooting that image works just fine. I just want to use a CF cause I'm tired of moving the netbooter between the wangan cabs and the Outrun2, which is in another room!

The card is 16 but like mentionned in the readme, "Maximum card size has been increased to: 2GB (FAT16 does not support larger drives)" so I might have juste created that size since all the games we have are max 512 anyway right?

edit: so I was in USA mode

IMG_9112.jpg

changed to export, (turned off and back on ..) .... and same thing

IMG_9113.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Something strange is going on here.

Can you go into explorer and post the properties of that card ? I.e. the File System used.

Thank you for the info. Something strange is going on here.

Can you go into explorer and post the properties of that card ? I.e. the File System used.

sure can :

disc.jpg

Thanks, so you have a 1.24GB image on a 16GB card. Wondering how the Chihiro handles that.
Do you have a real 512MB or 1GB card you can test with ?

all but that :( ...

IMG_9116.jpg

I'll see if I can find one but could I simply format it to 512 / 1024 and try?!

I don't think that will work. During testing I could not get cards with a physical size > 2GB to work properly. 2GB is the max size of FAT16

ok ... I'll see what I can find and post back ! thank you

Back