What's new
For Sale
Try asking "muddymusic" over on UKVAC - he currently has 4 control panels of mine for scanning - he's just finished the Vewlix AMI 1L7B one.

I know he does Egret III CPO's.

I'd also be in for E2 artwork if we get a group order going.

It's official: The Domy chassis is dead as a doornail until someone comes along with another one to get the value of a specific resistor. What a dumb thing to prevent an entire monitor from working...

I'd also be in for E2 artwork if we get a group order going.

It's official: The Domy chassis is dead as a doornail until someone comes along with another one to get the value of a specific resistor. What a dumb thing to prevent an entire monitor from working...
can it not be identified visually by color code?

Dang, too bad there aren’t any schematics for that chassis. I hope someone has one and chimes in to help ya out. Are there any arcade museums somewhere that might have a working that can get you the value??

It's absolutely fried. Each leg is there and the rest is burnt to a crisp unfortunately :/

Dang, too bad there aren’t any schematics for that chassis.
None at all unfortunately. Sharp hadn't seen one before.

I contacted a few other shops, and posted on AO, some FB groups, here, and some other places asking if anyone had either that chassis or a Domy Theater and could help, but I've received no replies aside from one guy on FB who may be getting one soon.

Museums I hadn't considered. I'll poke around.

It's absolutely fried. Each leg is there and the rest is burnt to a crisp unfortunately :/
Dang, too bad there aren’t any schematics for that chassis.
None at all unfortunately. Sharp hadn't seen one before.
I contacted a few other shops, and posted on AO, some FB groups, here, and some other places asking if anyone had either that chassis or a Domy Theater and could help, but I've received no replies aside from one guy on FB who may be getting one soon.

Museums I hadn't considered. I'll poke around.
Someone with connects in Japan like @ShouTime or @rancor may be able to find a working Domy to check the value, but yeah it's a long shot in that case.

Hopefully @Arcade game can help.

Just got my E2 in! Thanks @XeD @Derick2k

The good:
Monitor looks great
Chassis is in good shape
No southeast Asian bugs to speak of

The bad:
Mold on the wood
Illumination panel is a terrible repro
General yellowing

All in all I think I did just fine. I have to decide whether to do a full tear down or just try to clean it up, so that tells you it’s not so bad that it might clean up. I tossed the two moldy pieces of wood and sprayed the rotation mech wood with a mold killer, so I could at least get it into my basement without that hazard. Otherwise it’s super easy to work with and I expect the restore to go well.

Pic dump for the curious: https://imgur.com/gallery/bLjBJLb

Last edited:
also, I bought the repro art from arcadeartshop. The pink is slightly different, and the original silver has a metallic/reflective quality where the repro is just gray. So it’s great quality but there are differences you’d notice if you had the original right next to it:

I'm having some trouble accessing your pictures.
turn if off and back on again? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
@Rg111, @mncmt, can you both confirm that you secured the illuminated panel from zak over at shmups?
yea i ordered one.

btw i emailed mikonos from zonaarcade. his repro e2 side art is printed in grey and not in metallic silver. they're similar to the ones from arcadeartshop ekorz mentioned.

i would also be interested in a group order for some e2 art/stickers if something happens.

I don't know for certain, but I think Ronnie Klok (www.rklok.nl/) might have picked up the remaining Domy Theatres from Yaton. At least some of the ratty Cyberleads went to him, and all the other group buys are accounted for.

@Arcade game, is Ronnie who you're getting the Domy from?

@Rg111, @mncmt, can you both confirm that you secured the illuminated panel from zak over at shmups?
yea i ordered one.
btw i emailed mikonos from zonaarcade. his repro e2 side art is printed in grey and not in metallic silver. they're similar to the ones from arcadeartshop ekorz mentioned.

i would also be interested in a group order for some e2 art/stickers if something happens.
We need to get someone that can get these printed or silkscreened with the metallic ink. I’m in for a group oder for sideart and full set of decals.

i followed up with mikonos about the metallic silver print. now he tells it's possible but it's going to be expensive. he's being pretty weird about it like asking me how much i would pay for them instead of just giving me an estimate. not sure if i want to deal with this guy haha

Back