What's new
Ok. You need to rewrite the CF card. Seems there is some corruption of the game image. Download NaomiCF and the game image. Install NaomiCF and run as administrator. If you download the version available for free just hit Register button to enable full mode. Then select the game image, Drive letter that the CF adapter is assigned, enter the four digit code written on the back of your card, and hit flash.

I recommend a clean boot of your computer beforehand. I've seen a clean reboot fix bad CF writing just recently. Corruption can happen a few different ways but the wo most common are: 1--A bad write to begin with and 2--pulling the CF card out or installing it while the adapter is still powered.

Give that a try.

Ok. You need to rewrite the CF card. Seems there is some corruption of the game image. Download NaomiCF and the game image. Install NaomiCF and run as administrator. If you download the version available for free just hit Register button to enable full mode. Then select the game image, Drive letter that the CF adapter is assigned, enter the four digit code written on the back of your card, and hit flash.

I recommend a clean boot of your computer beforehand. I've seen a clean reboot fix bad CF writing just recently. Corruption can happen a few different ways but the wo most common are: 1--A bad write to begin with and 2--pulling the CF card out or installing it while the adapter is still powered.

Give that a try.
I tried to rewrite the CF card, did a clean reboot and it seems to be writing and flashing the card okay, but when I load it up, i get into the strange state where it checks memory, loads, checks memory, loads, etc for a few times and then reboots and i still get the error.

any ideas?

I tried to rewrite the CF card, did a clean reboot and it seems to be writing and flashing the card okay, but when I load it up, i get into the strange state where it checks memory, loads, checks memory, loads, etc for a few times and then reboots and i still get the error.
any ideas?
That means the protection is not correct on the card.

What is the id of your card, and what type of card are you using ?

Also what kind of software did you use to write it ?

I was getting this error when using a 6 foot scsi cable. Same symptoms, would load several times then reboot with error 21. Make sure your cable is 3 feet or less. I use the monoprice one if that helps.

I think you forgot to type the code written on the card into the box in the upper right of NaomiCF before you flashed the card. It's the four digit code written on the sticker.

I'm using the Naomicf flash application and I put in the code for my card when flashing

Maybe I should try a new a scsi cable?

Is there anything else I need to do with the card??

Nope - I've had no issues with Naomicf and cards with the 4-digit ID on the back (only with ones where the card-ID = 0000).

I did have problems with a third party SCSI cable and Motherboard Bios revision "D". I swapped to a genuine Sega one and fitted the "H" universal bios and the issues went away.

Greetings!

After extensive testing and ruling out possibilities, i got a chance to pick up a brand new naomi scsi cable of ebay.

Got it today, plugged everything in and was able to load everything without a error 21.

Freaking SCSI cable was the issue the whole time... X(

At least my knowledge of the naomi board is much deeper haha

Greetings!

After extensive testing and ruling out possibilities, i got a chance to pick up a brand new naomi scsi cable of ebay.

Got it today, plugged everything in and was able to load everything without a error 21.

Freaking SCSI cable was the issue the whole time... X(

At least my knowledge of the naomi board is much deeper haha
Where did you pick up that SCSI cable that didn't work with the NAOMI? Was it from Monoprice? We all tend to buy the cheapest stuff and Monoprice's cable is the cheapest. Document it here so that others don't run into the same issue buying the same cable. Thanks!

Hello
I have a similar problem. Only same games are concerned. (Décathlon Crimson / Maze of the King) ... ?(

@naunaure - So far i've tested well over 20 naomi and several atomiswave games and i haven't seen an issue. For me it was either it worked or it didn't work with an error 21. Once i got the correct cables, everythign was good to go.

Maybe take a look at how you're writing the games? Some things i checked for:
1. Verify you have the right security code (4 digit code) when using the naomiCF.exe
2. Make sure its formatted correctly ( i believe it should be FAT format)
3. I always make sure to format it before i put on a new game (cause im slightly paranoid about dirty bits) so maybe give that a shot

Outside of that, what exactly are you seeing? Is it a error 21 after reboot? do you have any screenshots of what you're seeing after you try to load the game?

Back