What's new
For Sale

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Giving away 3 Naomis becasue its a sunny Monday here, finally some good weather.

First 3 members in the states that respond on here get one. No PMs please.
Apologies to people outside of the US, I just dont want to deal with the international shipping/customs,etc...

All you have to do is pay for shipping/packaging.

These are untested, but should work, but if I get a minute, Ill test them beforehand.

Only catch is that you have to be either a long time and/or contributing member on the site.
Oh and dont just turn around and sell it, show it off that you are using it.

Last edited:
I need one to complete my net boot set up!

Edit: request rescinded. I've gotten a lot of help here at A-P. Even if I don't make the list, I should defer.

Last edited:
@Derick2k is the man!

I do not need one .. but I will tell you my VERY first Naomi was a free-bee from Derick :) I can not thank him enough for his help and guidance on allot of things :)

Hoping I'm not too late to the party. I've been wanting to get one so I can play MVC2!

probably late, but hi :) Hawthorne, CA here.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Really appreciate it. I've been lucky enough/blessed to be able to afford a few of the wants in my life, arcade hobby being one of them, not a baller by any means. I am happy to help out however I can, even if its just giving away some stuff/paying it forward. In the end its about the community, playing, enjoying, sharing the games. AP has been an amazing place/community, and I have met some truly exceptional people here, some which Im proud to call friends even if its just online. Sure there are few rotten apples here and there, but those get weeded out sooner or later.

So yeah, love this community :thumbup:

To those that missed out, I might have some other giveaways in the future, never know what might come up :D

As if cheap wasn’t enough, now giving stuff away that people want. Smart man for stating no PM or else you would be flooded again lol.

As if cheap wasn’t enough, now giving stuff away that people want. Smart man for stating no PM or else you would be flooded again lol.
You know it :D The PMs on the other stuff was insane.

naomis, is one of those system that is just great to give away, its like a gateway system for people to get into multis

I don't own a Naomi but it was on my list of arcades to get this year. I watched one of @psykom1 streams where he was showing off some Naomi 2 and I had asked him in the chat what one would cost me. I think he said the whole shebang with netdimm and what not would be 200-250$. The prices I was seeing were Not even in that ball park range X/ So I put off the Naomi search until I understood what it all entails.

Looking at the Naomi forums there is like 10 pinned threads dating back several years. The links provided in those threads are either broken like the one in @Darksoft first post here or not sure how up to date they are. If I am indeed the second on this list then I am going to need to scour these forums and the web for the most up to date information.

Currently my understanding is this: You need a "netdimm" to load the games over a local network. Either via a computer or a raspberry pi. What I don't know is where to obtain a netdimm. Are they official hardware? Or are they Homebrew custom made hardware? I couldn't find any last I looked on the eBay's, etc.

Either way super cool of you to do this! Gonna go scour the Naomi threads in a crash course to Naomi :thumbsup:

@Derick2k
I appreciate your time this weekend getting me pics, and chatting.
You're a solid dude.
And this community is smaller than most think :D

Currently my understanding is this: You need a "netdimm" to load the games over a local network. Either via a computer or a raspberry pi. What I don't know is where to obtain a netdimm. Are they official hardware? Or are they Homebrew custom made hardware? I couldn't find any last I looked on the eBay's, etc.

Either way super cool of you to do this! Gonna go scour the Naomi threads in a crash course to Naomi :thumbsup:
Perhaps next week I'll do another Naomi stream.
We can talk about the complexities of what it requires @Kavas.
NetDimm is an official SEGA piece of hardware.
This is "reasonable pricing" for a multi-setup...

Naomi 1 = $100 - 150 depending condition
Naomi 2 = $150-200 depending condition
3.17 or higher firmware NetDimm = $120 - 150 depending condition and memory capacity (256 or 512 but ram is generally cheap)
RPI = $30
RPi NetDimm control head = $20 https://www.adafruit.com/product/1115
16GB MicroSD card = $20
Cables + accs = $20

This is all assuming you have JVS power and a compatible IO for control.
That's another 100 for the power, and 125 for the IO generally.

Back