What's new
JKL x2 (PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / ITALY / 2X)
Darksoft x1
Fastar - PCB/PIC/COMPONENTS/SPAIN
freddiefiasco x1 (PCB / PIC / California, USA)
Mitsurugi-w x2
Gakman x2 (pcb / no PICs /no components / France)
werejag x1 (pcb/pic/USA)
SNK-NEO-GEO - PCB/PIC/COMPONENTS/USA/1X
Rorysean x2
theoddtech - PCB/PIC/COMPONENTS/USA/1X
nio x1

@freddiefiasco Parts list is available on original tutorial in french with ebay links (some dead link actually - http://www.gamoover.net/tuto/gun2naomi) and in this post translated by me (at least I did my best, I'm speaking a little english and absolutely not a single word french)

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w @Rorysean @nio sorry for delay, if still interested please confirm and compile above list.

Bye,
JKL

• Mitsurugi-w x2 pcb/PIC/components/usa

I'm adding a quick (inaccurate) overview of the BOM here for easier access (go to the link provided by @jkl for more information)

Light Gun Component List:

2 x 1N4148
2 x 10μF 25V 105C Capacitors
1 x 100nf (0.1μF) 50V 105C Capacitor * (10 μF Alternative)
1 x HCMOS / TTL oscillator 25 Mhz
2 x 2.2 kOhm 1/4 Watts Resistors
1 x 22 kOhm 1/4 Watt Resistor * (22 Ohm 1/4 Watt Alternative)
1 x IR filter with 50% opacity (use a Floppy disk or Car Tint)

Other items:
1 x Guncon 45 or any other pistol (Enclosure)
1 x Official Wiimote (Camera Lens) **

**This is important because the copies would not be compatible. <--According to the gamoover.net site

Main Board Components List:

1 x 100 Ohm Resistor
2 x 10 Ohm Resistor
1 x 150 Ohm Resistor
3 x Variable Resistors ~(1 - 10 Ohms)
2 x 20 pF Capacitors
2 x 220 μF Capacitors
2 x Digital Potentiometers (MCP41010)
1 x PIC16F876A
1 x narrow tulip Support 28 feet (no idea what this is, maybe wire?)
1 x Transistor BC237B
1 x 24 Mhz quartz oscillator
1 x LCD HD44780
3 x Switches (Does not indicate SPST or SPDT or whatever type of switch)
1 x Microswitch
9 x 5mm Screws (I think these are screws)
3 x 2 Pin Header
1 x 4 Pin Header
1 x 6 Pin Header
1 x 8 Pin Header

LED Array Component List:

10 x LED IR
1 x 10 Ohm Resistor
1 x 39 Ohm Resistor

I would urge to reconsider this project a bit, these two lines of the BOM are very revealing:

10uf and 0.1uf are NOT the same, at all, same with 22ohm vs 22,000 ohm.

At least get the gerbers and BOM verified by the original author before pulling the trigger on money and orders, it's likely that some changes/updates are needed. As it stands, I would rate the chances of this working 'out of the box' to be very low.

I would urge to reconsider this project a bit, these two lines of the BOM are very revealing:

10uf and 0.1uf are NOT the same, at all, same with 22ohm vs 22,000 ohm.

At least get the gerbers and BOM verified by the original author before pulling the trigger on money and orders, it's likely that some changes/updates are needed. As it stands, I would rate the chances of this working 'out of the box' to be very low.
Which is what worries me, if you look at the original article, it is in french and it does not exactly describe what I call a DIY project at all. If anything, the ebay URL provided for each item is not accurate. (Specifically these capacitors, they range from $10 to $60)
Everyone interested in this project needs to read and understand what the original author did and what issues will come up. I'm almost certain issues will arise from this build.

Darksoft x1 (PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / POLAND)
Mitsurugi-w x2 - pcb/PIC/components/usa
werejag x1 (pcb/pic/USA)
Rorysean x2
nio x1

@invzim
Thank you very much for your collaboration. Please note that I asked for help many many times.

I tried to translate from french (don't know a single word in French other than merci) and update quantities.

Since I'm not earning a single dime from this project, I ask you to cooperate to complete this.

1st step of cooperation can already be done, it's a double check of above list for errors

2nd step of cooperation is suggest sources for components, all over the world it's not important

3rd step of cooperation is suggest PCB printers to compare prices
If anybody can help please let me know.
Please allow me to repeat that if someone has better idea on how to do this / wants to lead this group buy I have absolutely not intention to oppose! It would be actually better if someone with electronics skills lead this! Much better than me!

As for the differences you noted, the original tutorial says:
1 polarized condenser 0,1uF *
1 resistance 1/4 watts 22kohm *

*These are values set by Aganyte for a working pistol board. For unknown reason, it was not my case. I used these values instead:
1 polarized condenser 10uF
1 resistance 1/4 watt 22ohm

I'll write now to Aganyte to verify this.

Bye,
JKL

Written to Aganyte asking him:
1) if the tutorial is complete and correct
2) if gerber files are correct
3) why there are those differences for that condenser and that resistance

As soon as he'll answer I'll post it here.

ATM our group list is something like this:

werejag x1 (pcb/pic/USA)
Rorysean x2
nio x1

If @Rorysean and @nio are still following us please post your preference!

Since @Gakman is french too he can maybe double check if I translated correctly? My ancient greek (which I studied when at high school) is way better than my french (never studied, never spoke). I seriously doubt I'd be able to order something to eat in french -_-'

Sorry Rorysean

werejag x1 (pcb/pic/USA)
Rorysean x2 (PCB/PIC/COMPONENTS/UK/2x)
nio x1

Hi

I'm actually trying to put together a "group buy" of 15 gun2naomi kits, because with 15 units we can lower individual cost of gerber printing.

I already have 15 people interested (2 of them already have your pic).

They are asking me if the tutorial written here (http://www.gamoover.net/tuto/gun2naomi) is complete and correct, since someone noted the 2 mentioned differences between your values of a condenser and a resistance and those used by the guy who wrote the tutorial (pistol board, 0,1uF vs 10uF condenser and 22kohm vs 22ohm resistance).

Could I ask you please if that tutorial and mostly gerber files are correct? Why those differences?

It would be great if you could tell me because we all would like to know this before proceed with orders (pcbs printing, pics by you, components...).

Let me know pls.
This is my mail to Aganyte.

And this is his reply

Aganyte' said:
Hi,

The tuto is correct, no mistake. there's two values mentioned because me and Iro doesn't have the same result. You can try one value, and if don't work, try another.
This is it.

Maybe if analog on Sega JVS boards works with 5k as well as 10k pots, this could explain why things work with such differences (but it's only my guess), I mean that maybe those components are modulating the signal in a way that has to be interpreted by some other component that accept such a big range of values. But I have to repeat that I have NO eletronic skills other than soldering.

Last edited:
I am still in, i would like a full set in europe/germany. thanks

Fastar - PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / SPAIN
Mitsurugi-w x2 - pcb / PIC / components / usa)
Gakman x2 (pcb / France)
werejag x1 (pcb / pic / USA)
SNK-NEO-GEO - PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / USA / 1X
Rorysean x2 (PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / UK / 2x)
theoddtech - (PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / USA / 1X)
nio - (PCB / PIC / COMPONENTS / GER / 1x)

Ok so we need 15x PCBs, 13x PICs, 10x Components kit.
5x shipments to USA: freddiefiasco, Mitsurugi-w (2x) , werejag, SNK-NEO-GEO, theoddtech
4x shipments inside Europe: Darksoft, Fastar, Gakman (2x), nio
1x shipment to UK (do you agree with Brexit?): rorysean (2x)

For shipment, using italian mail service with tracking has these fees.

If you agree, we could start with gerber printing and PIC ordering from Aganyte, for now, only collect funds for these two steps.

Once I have 15x PCBs and 13x PIC in hand we can choose shipment method, and everyone will pay the correct amount for his single case.

Like it?

Any other question before the GO?

PICs: 15 € each

PCBs: pcbA 17 € + pcbB 34 € + pcbC 17€ + shipment to me 24€ = 92 € total for 15 pieces = 6,13 € for 1 kit consisting of the three PCBs

Shipment: most economical way is using italian mail service, it is tracked up to your borders (but not beyond). I used international shipping only once, and my good old dreamcast came to the aussie buyer without problems. If you find a better way choose it and pay for it, no problem for me, pick up mode from my home is the best way (I live in a small 100k people town, not every carrier has offices here).
This said, it means that (WTF, I calculated wrong on my post #84 by adding the whole cost of 15 pcb not just one)

1 BASIC kit = 6,13€ (PCBs) + 15 € (PIC) + 2 € (box) + 40 € (shipment to USA) = 63,13 € = 67,38 $ (google exchange rate now) +4% Paypal fee = 70,08 US dollars.

1 EXT DIY kit = 6.13 € (PCBs) + 15 € (PIC) + 2 € (box) + 40 € (shipment to USA) + 39,5 € (components) = 102,63 € = 109,55 $ +4% Paypal fee = 114,00 US dollars.

Please note that you'll need a gun to modify and a wiimote to sacrifice as well, and you have to find them yourself.

For US friends: please note that I'll maybe have to declare contents, so maybe import fee will be applied to you!

I can ensure you all I did my best to put this thing together. My best is maybe not enough, and many of you would be quicker, more clear, smarter, but this is what I was able to do since this is an hobby and I have to be a best-as-I-can dad and have a job (two, actually).

ATM I had some time to dedicate to this project, but expect and be aware that maybe 1-2 weeks of delay for shipment could happen. So before anyone send money, please verify if my poor management is ok for you.

I tried do to my best to communicate also, but it's not easy for me since I didn't attend a single lesson of english, all of my english come from games, internet, and a month in a family near London when I was 13. So even write what I think is an effort for me (and I'm pretty sure that 6-7 errors are common in my texts).

No one will throw away money, this is sure, but this are weak points of this project:
1) Components list is translated from french, and I gave it to a salesperson for pricing. I posted here the results: I hope his list and pricing is accurate as well as eventual substitutions. Risk is that maybe you'll have to find a component not included on the list;
2) Only warranty of this project to work is Aganyte / gamoover forum word and published videos: I can't guarantee the whole thing will work since I have no electronic skills;
3) On the tutorial it is said that 1 resistance and 1 condenser don't do the job with Aganyte's values, and need to be changed with those provided. Aganyte confirmed it (see above).

I charged nothing for this project, and I told you everything I know. I'll keep everyone updated on status and I'll be available for every possible troubleshooting regarding what I reasonably can do.

But please be aware of my warnings and keep me clear from complaints, disputing and so on.

I'll wait some day for questions, then if nothing else happens we'll start fund collecting.

Last edited:
Back