What's new
The volume knob on my remote works fine with stereo out, which is how I get audio from Mistercade. Might be just for that and not for the jamma mono audio?

The volume knob on my remote works fine with stereo out, which is how I get audio from Mistercade. Might be just for that and not for the jamma mono audio?
It should work for jamma, too. I'm quite certain... I haven't used jamma audio in a while haha.

OP, How's the volume level on the PSU? Make sure that's turned up a bit. Also ensure the AMP_STBY is set to "Off" (left position).

Thanks guys, I've tried volume up on both the pcb and remote.

Amp dip is on standby

I get audio fine when set to local, just nothing when set to remote.

All remote buttons work (except core reset, but I'm not sure if that is meant to do anything in arcade cores?)

Thanks guys, I've tried volume up on both the pcb and remote.

Amp dip is on standby

I get audio fine when set to local, just nothing when set to remote.

All remote buttons work (except core reset, but I'm not sure if that is meant to do anything in arcade cores?)
In order for the remote volume to work, the signal has to come from MiSTercade to the remote, then back to the MiSTercade. If you have something plugged into the 3.5mm port then the audio won't return back to MiSTercade. As long as you have the switch set to "remote" instead of local, the remote is plugged in, the main volume knob is maxed out, then the remote volume knob should control cabinet audio. Which output are you using for audio?

I'm running a $50 off promotion on MiSTercade v1.3 https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade

My firmware developer found a small bugthat would cause intermittent USB connection for the control portion of MiSTercade. This affects all versions of MiSTercade, though nearly all affected units were identified and fixed through hardware replacement.
Since its discovery I've been booting each unit 10x to make sure the connection is solid.
In any case, everyone can update your firmware by setting the DFU pin jumper and running this script on MiSTercade (keyboard or controller required to navigate). Once complete, remove the jumper, and reboot.
https://github.com/misteraddons/MiSTercade-Config/blob/main/Scripts/mistercade_firmware_updater.sh

In order for the remote volume to work, the signal has to come from MiSTercade to the remote, then back to the MiSTercade. If you have something plugged into the 3.5mm port then the audio won't return back to MiSTercade. As long as you have the switch set to "remote" instead of local, the remote is plugged in, the main volume knob is maxed out, then the remote volume knob should control cabinet audio. Which output are you using for audio?

I'm running a $50 off promotion on MiSTercade v1.3 https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade

My firmware developer found a small bugthat would cause intermittent USB connection for the control portion of MiSTercade. This affects all versions of MiSTercade, though nearly all affected units were identified and fixed through hardware replacement.
Since its discovery I've been booting each unit 10x to make sure the connection is solid.
In any case, everyone can update your firmware by setting the DFU pin jumper and running this script on MiSTercade (keyboard or controller required to navigate). Once complete, remove the jumper, and reboot.
https://github.com/misteraddons/MiSTercade-Config/blob/main/Scripts/mistercade_firmware_updater.sh
Am I losing my shit or was this exact post originally posted by a different account @thrasherx ?

You're not crazy. I noticed the same thing.
I went back in my e-mail and have a notification for the original post and the new post. Alt account maybe, I don't know I'm paranoid now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-05 000204.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-05 000204.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2024-02-05 000240.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-05 000240.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 37
MiSTercade mappings are now downloadable using the updater script. It has 100% of arcade cores mapped. This has taken many hours and is one of my favorite things about MiSTercade. I wish MiSTer had more sane mappings for arcade games, similar to what MAME has, but this is the next best option.

I haven't tested whether these overwrite existing mappings so back up your config/input/ folder before running.

Add this to your downloader.ini file then run downloader.sh or update_all.sh:
[misteraddons/mistercade_mappings]
db_url = https://raw.githubusercontent.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings/db/db.json.zip
allow_delete = 0
verbose = true

More info here: https://github.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings

MiSTercade mappings are now downloadable using the updater script. It has 100% of arcade cores mapped. This has taken many hours and is one of my favorite things about MiSTercade. I wish MiSTer had more sane mappings for arcade games, similar to what MAME has, but this is the next best option.

I haven't tested whether these overwrite existing mappings so back up your config/input/ folder before running.

Add this to your downloader.ini file then run downloader.sh or update_all.sh:

More info here: https://github.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings
That's great news! Thank you for your work mapping the controls and keeping them updated, it saves so much time and makes the mistercade very convenient.

Hey Porkshop, don’t really care too much about the dual RAM but I do want to connect using direct video through the hdmi and then to an hdmi to vga to my arcade cabinet Is this possible through the MiSTercade? Or does the MiSTercade force you to use analogue via the JAMMA harness? Thank you 🤙🏼

Hey Porkshop, don’t really care too much about the dual RAM but I do want to connect using direct video through the hdmi and then to an hdmi to vga to my arcade cabinet Is this possible through the MiSTercade? Or does the MiSTercade force you to use analogue via the JAMMA harness? Thank you 🤙🏼
MiSTercade V2 is nearly done and supports direct video, but you can certainly do this. Just make sure your RGBS lines aren't connected to JAMMA.

You can alternatively use the VGA port on MiSTercade but maybe you have a reason not to do that.

MiSTercade V2 is nearly done and supports direct video, but you can certainly do this. Just make sure your RGBS lines aren't connected to JAMMA.

You can alternatively use the VGA port on MiSTercade but maybe you have a reason not to do that.
I’ve noticed the picture looks crisper and the colors are more accurate when going through the DAC of a hdmi to vga cable than when going through the DAC of the analogue I/O …. Would this make sense? I know I’m not crazy. I’ve tried on two different MiSTers with two different Analogue I/O’s and both yield the same results 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve noticed the picture looks crisper and the colors are more accurate when going through the DAC of a hdmi to vga cable than when going through the DAC of the analogue I/O …. Would this make sense? I know I’m not crazy. I’ve tried on two different MiSTers with two different Analogue I/O’s and both yield the same results 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve also tried this on a component cable based crt by going direct video from the hdmi to vga/component adapter made by Laserbear and the picture looks cleaner and more colorful in this setup as well.

There was a recent change to the video levels for component video. If you're asking about regular MiSTer, then you're better off using a DAC or getting a new IO board (one of mine coming soon).

Thanks for the info 🙏🏼 so does your MiSTerCade have a better DAC than the standard MiSTer I/O? I’m currently running a standard MiSTer to both of my cabinet setups. I’m going direct video on both due to the better picture quality that I get than over my Analogue I/O. Thinking about the MiSTerCade due to simplicity with audio and control panel and controls but don’t want to go back to analogue video due to degradation.

The MARS looks cool, but not $700.00 cool 😝 IMO

Are you thinking the new Direct Video MiSTercade 1st quarter 2024?

Back