What's new
So if I have that final fantasy music game that had those fancy controls but I only have the board will this worth with it? Can I just map the 2 joysticks into this and remap things?
Theatrhythm asks for a Fast I/O. The game just needs normal digital controls for 2 joysticks and 2 buttons.

So the question here is: can this function as a drop-in replacement for a Taito Fast I/O?

You'll still need a card reader and a touch screen regardless, @keiichi331

I've been away for about a month and come back to see this. Exciting! I have two principle applications I can use this for:
  1. The JVS I/O in my buddy's Konami Windy II might just be cooked
    • This should prove to be more than a suitable replacement
  2. I have a Sega New Astro City project cab that for kicks, plan on upgrading to being tri-sync capable (just requires a specific chassis to be swapped in).
    • Might as well throw this in there to make it fully JVS compatible while keeping it JAMMA
    • Will still need to add in the ability to generate 3.3v however but this is an easy task

sorry but we won't I implement that in this PCB. Fast I/O even has a different connector.

The PCB is already JVS universal which means it will work / replace almost any JVS PCB and it even has Neogeo joystick support! What else could you dream of :saint:

The PCB is already JVS universal which means it will work / replace almost any JVS PCB and it even has Neogeo joystick support! What else could you dream of :saint:
Logitech G920 USB support. This project is amazing and will probably swap out my Namco one for this, but I would love to have a dedicated racing set up for arcade racers where I could plug in a USB wheel and have it just work.

@Darksoft, can you elaborate further on the IDC connector? Will these be bundled? Or are you using one that is pretty standard and easily attainable?

Logitech G920 USB support. This project is amazing and will probably swap out my Namco one for this, but I would love to have a dedicated racing set up for arcade racers where I could plug in a USB wheel and have it just work.
This is the dream right here.

This would be fantastic, as I've wanted to play naomi racers for a long time. I never seem to be able to find a racing setup around here.

I like the way you think. This might be a cool addon/interface board for someone to develop to work with this IO and similar ones, it should be its own project I think.

Just thought of a killer application for the Multi JVS v1.0: just about every Blast City owner out there (for which there are a ton) can get their cabs JVS-ready cabs fully JVS and JAMMA compatible. Holla!

I like the way you think. This might be a cool addon/interface board for someone to develop to work with this IO and similar ones, it should be its own project I think.
I agree that this should be a different project. Someone start a project ideas thread and I'll happily participate. It won't likely be a project I do, though.

Things to think about:
1. Can a usb host board be adapted into this? Are the necessary pins exposed on the headers or are there some special pins needed that aren't easily accessible on this board.
2. It's basically a Mega 2560. Has anyone interfaced an Arduino with a G920?
3. Does the G920 operate exclusively within HID protocol standards or is there a custom protocol? Is the custom protocol documented?
4. More hardware would be needed for force feedback support. The JVS I/O has no knowledge of steering wheel force feedback. The various arcade mobos use different ports and protocols for ffb, so that's a project in and of itself. Even if the hardware was there for ffb communication, could it be integrated into this JVS I/O without negatively impacting the cycles needed for JVS communication?
5. Could a single Mega 2560 handle JVS communication and usb host duties at the same time? I'm not sure if it's up to the task, but it could be. You can't take too long responding to JVS commands, and you have to take in usb input. Can it be done fast enough without noticeable lag and is it fast enough to satisfy the JVS game issuing commands and reading replies?

Has anyone interfaced an Arduino with a G920?
Quick Google shows a few examples of people getting pedals working with it. Didn't delve too deep as it's about to be dinner time.

3. Does the G920 operate exclusively within HID protocol standards or is there a custom protocol? Is the custom protocol documented?
G920 comes up as an Xbox controller in Windows.

Question. How do we solve the problem of having more than one system hooked up to an io at the same type like ps4 and a naomi?

Is there any sort of multi input coming that would work well with a solution like this.

Very cool I'm in for 1 just for the idea of a racing component using a usb connection.

I'm not sure you understand what the product is for, @Bigsingerdawg. There's no connecting PS4s or anything over USB. It's a JVS IO with remappable digital and analog inputs. You connect buttons, pots and lamps to it.

Reactions: AMS
I think someone else is already working on a solution for USB controllers. It will be a separate device altogether. This one is meant to replace the i/o in a cab to allow lots more games to work in a single cab.

BTW, S-JIHP will work with this and if I'm not mistaken this can be used to remap the inputs on S-JIHP for you.

I'm not sure you understand what the product is for, @Bigsingerdawg. There's no connecting PS4s or anything over USB. It's a JVS IO with remappable digital and analog inputs. You connect buttons, pots and lamps to it.
I get it. Was just curious if there's a way to hook up multiple systems to a single Io. Forget ps4 if I wanted a taito X3 and a Naomi set up at the same time is there a solution for that? Don't mean to hijack the thread. This makes more games compatible, the idea of having a few systems hooked up at a time like a jamma switcher for a jamma cab.

Back