What's new
I may have been a little optimistic about shipping times from China, scheduled to arrive this Tuesday but I kind of doubt it..

There will not be loads of Tri-Sync Helpers unfortunately, I got PCB's/parts for about 18, and they take a bit of time to assemble.

Speaking of Tri-Sync Helpers, I think I got 2 options.
  1. Get a batch of the current design produced
  2. Redesign into a 'standalone' unit, likely with DIN-8 (OSSC and FrameMeister) and HD15 output. It would do pretty much the same as the Tri-Sync Helper, but would be easier to use for people without a Jammafier, and a bit harder to use for people with a jammafier (extra VGA cable needed..).
Any thoughts on option 1 or 2?

Last edited:
I stay away from DIN cables personally just because they're a hassle to work with. I already have enough tri-sync helpers but if I were in the market I'd get less use from option 2 personally. If I need to leave VGA I tend to use BNC break outs since I can wire those up to anything.

I like the second design!

If it has a bit larger PCB and the ability to stick some PCB lets on it that would be ideal for a cab.

Does anyone know if the HAS can be made to output "raw" video from the DIN 9 @RGB :) ?

For any cabinet with a trisync and VGA level RGB (low-impedance) input the helper is a very nice bit of kit.

Does anyone know if the HAS can be made to output "raw" video from the DIN 9 @RGB :) ?
Unfortunately not without some heavy re-wiring :/ "Raw" video is available from the AUX connector near the JAMMA connector (in HAS V3-4 versions).

Reactions: rtw
So its not recommended to run the jammafier to the ossc to vewlix dimond black 1080p monitor with out lowering the rgb raw video?

So its not recommended to run the jammafier to the ossc to vewlix dimond black 1080p monitor with out lowering the rgb raw video?
OSSC is not designed to do arcade level RGB, current Tri-Sync Helper -> OSSC VGA input works fine (and also solves a bunch of sync issues).

Allright, not advertised on website or twitter yet - but you guys get it first - IN STOCK :) The assembly house did a great job with these, the PTH soldering is top-notch.

No Tri-Sync Helpers yet, but hope to have a few in a few days, there will be a limited qty of these as I don't have that many PCB's/parts + they are hand assembled in zim sweatshop.

Also made a time limited corona promotion bundle with scaler+jammafier at a very nice price, limited to 1 pr order as the shipping aspect of this is rather complicated and I want to keep it simple and not lose too much on shipping.

https://irkenlabs.com/store/products

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

These are the ones I have assembled, QA'ed, packed etc. Inside of ESD bag will not be touched by me again before shipping, same goes for the Scalers.

Last edited:
Ordered the bundle. Gonna need 3 of your tri-sync helpers when they are in stock. So if you can add them to my current order that would be great. Just let me know when to send you $$$.

Thanks for the discount and thank you for the awesome products. :thumbsup:

What’s a good recommendation for a power source
Welp a "good" recommendation would be something like a Sun JVS PSU...
But that's not what I use, officially as stated/sold by Taito the PSU inside the VLX is the Wei Ya JVS PSU.
qQ3Ebby.jpg

So IMO even tho its far from the greatest PSU available (has major issues with USA 120v, you NEED a JPN 100v step-down for these bastards) its the only choice.
You'll also need this official Taito PSU harness...
PrjeSIF.jpg

Some of the "homemade" PSU harnesses I've seen forget to connect the DC ground lines (see B1 connector hanging out on the bottom left).
This is incorrect and leads to massive video/audio noise.

My VLX Diamond powering the Jammaifier via Wei Ya PSU (yes I also HIGHLY recommend the JAMMA+Kicks extenders from @Frank_fjs or @RGB ).
0rxB8s8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back