What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxious early adopters, would you ever even fathom using MAME? Personally, I have HyperSpin running up on a cab and it serves my non-elitist audience just fine. By this I mean, they don't care that it isn't OG hardware. You know, the kids, neighbors, friends that grew up playing in arcades, and the like.

Just throwing that out.

Anxious early adopters, would you ever even fathom using MAME? Personally, I have HyperSpin running up on a cab and it serves my non-elitist audience just fine. By this I mean, they don't care that it isn't OG hardware. You know, the kids, neighbors, friends that grew up playing in arcades, and the like.

Just throwing that out.
Me personally, I've been using MAME for as long as it's been out on many different platforms. I'm not saying I'm an elitist, but the idea of OG hardware is more appealing due to the authentic look, feel and performance.
I was one of those kids that grew up in an arcade as well, but I don't agree that what's good enough for the people in your example is what I want.

It comes down to the argument of are you interested in just the game or the hardware it's running on. If it were just the game, then the emulation should suffice. For me it's always been a combination of the hardware AND the game.

Emulation that lets you play something you don't have practical access to is great - I'll never own every single dedicated single game cab, so MAME has a valid place. Multicarts like the DS one will be a great resource for NeoGeo MVS and AES users. It's a great time to enjoy this hobby!

Take your time. I'm a patient guy. I didn't have my neo built for three years. Slowly built up my collection of games from warehouse raids/ebay/traders and once I finally fired up my unit I was very satisfied. I'm delighted to wait for this. It gives me time to sock away cash for this.

Just throwing that out.
Been using MAME since MAME became a thing back in the late 90's. No qualms here.

And I've been using MAME before Arcades existed ... so where are your gods now guys ???

mitsurugi received the neogeo multigame cart. Good things will happen very soon :thumbup:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
200.webp

And I've been using MAME before Arcades existed ... so where are your gods now guys ???
Good memories of downloading it from ARPAnet and playing it on my old ENIAC.

mitsurugi received the neogeo multigame cart. Good things will happen very soon :thumbup:
Any plans for showing some video footage? Is this intended to be the final version of the cart in terms of hardware or is it still a prototype?

If you're going to compete with the NeoSD, now's the time to show your all of your cards. It would go a long way for those of us that are on the fence about which one to get. In all honesty I'm starting to lean towards getting the NeoSD instead due to the amount of time its taking and lack of footage demonstrating that this is a better product. As a potential customer, I'm looking forward to you convincing me otherwise. ;)

Mitsu has just received the multicart for testing and for shooting a video comparison.

I would imagine it's at the top of his priority list.

:D

Mitsu has just received the multicart for testing and for shooting a video comparison.

Mitsu will be streaming the comparison/shootout video between the NeoSD & Darksoft MVS Multi Cart in real time for all to see and finally shut the mouths of the non-believers that doubt the word of Darksoft, stay tuned for further details!

JK, maybe :D

Mitsu will be streaming the comparison/shootout video between the NeoSD & Darksoft MVS Multi Cart in real time for all to see and finally shut the mouths of the non-believers that doubt the word of Darksoft, stay tuned for further details!
JK, maybe :D
Now THAT would be a great idea.

These posts about how, "Oh, well I can't/couldn't wait and this is just taking too long blah blah blah," are too hilarious.

Come on, seriously? Is playing a Neo Geo Multi THAAT URGENT that you can't wait for a quality product to come out? MAME can't hold you over for a second?

Personally, I'd rather have a finished/complete product rather than one that comes out with bugs and glitches and patches and fixes later on months down the line.

If its THAAT URGENT then just close your gap and let your money do the talking. You can't rush good music, man --->

Waitin for it, because i trust and we want a flawless product.
Its earned trust too, very happy with my DS CPS2 kit so it makes sense to wait for his Neo Geo kit.

Looked at a review of the NeoSD and saw a guy talking about how he needed to contact the vendor to get a file that was signed for the serial of his cart if he wanted to unbrick it or some such. That kind of thing scares the shit out of me, makes me think that one day they could squeeze users for more money for software updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back