What's new
For Sale
How much are these selling for now?

I think most if not all PCBs have Art, 2 are full boxed kits, I think Akai & Pink Sweets

DonPachi - $10
DoDonPachi - $10
DoDonPachi DOJ w/ Metal Cage - $10
Ketsui w/ Metal Cage - $10
Guwange - $10
Dangun Feveron - $10
EspRaDe - $10
Espgaluda w/Metal Cage - $10
Espgaluda II - $10
Pink Sweets - $10
Mushihime-Sama Futari BL - $10
Muchi Muchi Pork! - $10
Ibara - $10
Akai Katana - Free with purchase
IGS - DDPII BeeStorm - $10
Puzzle Uo Poko - $10
I'll give you $200 shipped for everything because I'm such a nice guy :P

I saw a Ketsui with a gold cage with cardboard box and a pair of Cave undies on eBay for $6 Buy it Now last week, your pricing is off mate.

I'll give you $200 shipped for everything because I'm such a nice guy
giphy.gif

:P :D

Ketsui w/ Metal Cage: $1000
I owned a factory kit, back in the day, and there was no cage on the PCB. I don't think I've ever actually seen one with a cage, either.
-ud

Ketsui w/ Metal Cage: $1000
I owned a factory kit, back in the day, and there was no cage on the PCB. I don't think I've ever actually seen one with a cage, either.-ud
they didn't come stock that way, but it's common to see doj cages swapped over for ketsui boards. I used to have one myself that I purchased that way.

Is darksoft planning a CAVE multi-board?
Its already been discussed to death and the answer is a "No"

And no im not dumping my boards, nor am I hard up for cash, lol, I actually want to buy the 4-5 other games I want to own to complete my collection of what I want Cave related. but man those few games are getting harder to find, and the ones you find the prices are up there. Need to keep trying to trade up. :D

they didn't come stock that way, but it's common to see doj cages swapped over for ketsui boards. I used to have one myself that I purchased that way.
Putting PGM PCBs inside these boxes is not a good idea temperature wise, as you can see CAVE added a fan to the boxes to keep temperature down.

However these PCBs do not need any fan.

I believe the box is to protect the brown switch in the lower left of this picture:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/DdpDaiOuJou/Hardware.htm

That switch resets NVRAM which means that on a DAI-OU-JOU BL the game suicides.

The box was only used with DAI-OU-JOU and DAI-OU-JOU BL .

Should cover your retirement ;)
Far from it with what the cost of living is in NY, lol.
Here you need to have 2 jobs and a side hustle in some illegal stuff just to survive.
Same here in Southern California; however, NYC is even worse. My best friend works in Manhattan and pays out the ass to live in a shoebox within reasonable commuting distance. Has a great job for a very large marketing company, but still does random ass gigs on the weekend just for pocket cash.

In terms of CAVE stuff - I've spent a fortune just on a ton of their console ports.

I think the only three CAVE titles I would like to own as a "pcb" of is Dodonpachi, Ketsui (via a PGM multi) and maybe Esparade.

I have a legit with simms on battery Progear A+B Grey. How much is that worth nowadays?

I didn't even know there was an Asia Progear release - nice. I would assume it would be worth similar pricing to the Japanese region board but I could be wrong

Yeah Asia was usually a slightly modified version of the US release (blood removed etc) or in some cases difficulty changed, sounds removed etc. - I'd be interested to know what the differences are in Progear

Mushihimesama, Ibara Kuro, and DDP SDOJ seem turn up on shmups. Kuro nad SDOJ are usually in kit form and cost a grip or two. Mushi is usually loose. DDP DFK turns up loose on NG.com. Good starter board for CAVE, but price went stupid high for it not long ago. Either way, you just have to be ready to snatch them up as they don't last long on those forums.

Progear (Legit) is such a great game. It comes in three flavors: Green (simm board), Grey (simm board), and two types of Blue: in-house eprom conversion and simm board. The simm board build is considered the proper mass-pro build. Progear sold well in Japan. The Japanese enjoyed it and seemed to play the game to death. So, Green is the best selling flavor, followed by Grey and then Blue. Blue did not sell well in the US 'cause it was released during a time when American arcades were closing down nation wide. So, not many Blue were ordered.

IMHO, the phoenixed roms, decrypted roms, and CPS2 multi seem to keep the price on a legit Progar board artificially low. Without their tech genius behind the CAPCOM CP System, the price for this CAVE game would be way higher than stupid high, as it is such a fun game to play. On a side note, I would love to see darksoft produce a SH2/SH3 flash rom board for the community. See what kind of home-brew arcade projects they use it for.

Back