What's new
That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to know if there was a way to tell for sure via serial number or something.
seperate the boards and look at the crystals of the A board (square silver thingies), one of them should say 10.000Mhz or 12.000 MHz

Most 12MHz boards also have a sticker near the Jamma edge 'CPS Dash'

Here you can see the CPS Dash sticker next to the B Dips;

megamana.png

should be a little sticker above the dips that says "dash" otherwise you can take the b board off and see if it's a 10 or 12 MHz crystal on the a board.

It would appear that I have a 10 meaning the boards were mismatched when I bought them. Hyper Fighting still worked though, I would have thought that it wouldn't.

In one picture you can see there is no dash sticker, and in the other the center crystal says 10.0000MHz. The third picture shows Hyper Fighting working on this A board on my old setup (roughly a year and a half ago).

Always kind of thought the game wasn't very "Hyper", I guess I know why now.

Attachments

• IMG_4232.PNG
    IMG_4232.PNG
    104.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4233.PNG
    IMG_4233.PNG
    181.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4236.PNG
    IMG_4236.PNG
    127.7 KB · Views: 63
I had the opposite, one time. Before I knew about the speed diffs, I tried trouble shooting Forgotten Worlds on a Hyper Fighting bottom board. It was hyper-ized.
-ud

Is there a consolidated list of what games need which A board?
Or can you make a cut of 10MHz for every pre-SF2CE and 12MHz for everything after?

Or can you make a cut of 10MHz for every pre-SF2CE and 12MHz for everything after?
This^...

Starting with SF2CE, all releases after that point used the 12mhz crystal/board.
Including even CPS1.5 games, which of course also added the Q-sound chip into the mix.

I had the opposite, one time. Before I knew about the speed diffs, I tried trouble shooting Forgotten Worlds on a Hyper Fighting bottom board. It was hyper-ized.
-ud
Should have sold that as a "Black Label" edition for extra money. :D

I just picked up a SF2CE board today...so if the multi comes....I am now officially ready. Now to find a PGM board that's not eaten to pieces.

The only CPS1 boards I don't like are the long 10mhz classics.
I swapped my Final Fight A-board (originally long) out for a short 10mhz.

Sure it's not "authentic" because FF came with a long, but the short runs at the same speed and fits far better inside the Vewlix.
Not to mention the CPS1 plexi's I've seen (I believe @SNK-NEO-GEO shared one) are made/cut for shorts (10mhz short and 12mhz dash) only.

As I see some initative and people asking what's next, here goes some Info.
Only the 1st two will happen for sure, the rest to be decided.

1) NeoGeo AES Multi
2) Bug fixing of deco multi
New cps3 bios?
Cps1?
Pgm?
System16/18/32?

Right now, I dont see a Naomi or model2/3 multi happening tbh.

I see coming some other nice multis from other users like for irem92, system 246/256 and kaneko, so keep an eye on the right section...

I'm waiting on brizzo's Nintendo Vs personally :D

Though I might pick up the Playchoice just in case I ever get a board for one...

Only the 1st two will happen for sure, the rest to be decide.

1) NeoGeo AES Multi
New cps3 bios?
Cps1?
Pgm?
System16/18/32?

I see coming some other nice multis from other users like for irem92, system 246/256 and kaneko, so keep an eye on the right section...
Out of interest, why the new CPS3 BIOS? The current one seems to work fine

I think the market is definitely there for a CPS1 multi, but I think the A custom needs to be reproduced to ensure long term reliability

System 16 I'd be all over, I've been doing some basic research into how the different ROM boards operate and I'd be happy with a universal ROM board if for whatever reason a multi wasn't possible

Only the 1st two will happen for sure, the rest to be decide.

1) NeoGeo AES Multi
New cps3 bios?
Cps1?
Pgm?
System16/18/32?

Out of interest, why the new CPS3 BIOS? The current one seems to work fine

I think the market is definitely there for a CPS1 multi, but I think the A custom needs to be reproduced to ensure long term reliability

System 16 I'd be all over, I've been doing some basic research into how the different ROM boards operate and I'd be happy with a universal ROM board if for whatever reason a multi wasn't possible
About cps3 BIOS I'd see if it's possible to improve the loading times to something more reasonable, one or two joystick glitches and that should be it.

About the CPS1 Multi, I guess you mean the C Board that sits on top. That'd be nice but retroengineering such a device is not straight-forward and not worth the time IMHO. You would probably end up using a different converted romset based on your C Board.

Back