What's new
I may grab one if I can source an original PCB. I'm on a MW right now, but the person cut all the wires and direct wired them in. I'd like to revert the E2 back to stock, THEN use your PCB to go back to MW. I know it's nuts, but I'm looking to have it as close to original as possible.

Any chance you have the other end of the connector? I don't suppose they come as a male/female set when you buy the one you use for the adaptor?

Its probaby too late to say this but maybe in a future revision. I was working on my own PCB project some time ago and one day my NVS4000 PSU had a pot fail on it and the 5V Pegged up to something insane. I had a Sega Jamma to JVS adapter board plugged in and it has fuses on the power traces. Those blew but it saved the IO board.

Long story short I think we should start throwing inline fuses on the gnd and power traces if possible for these add on things. What with how hard its getting to find some of these boards and all.

I was also planning to make a jamma adapter that has a voltage read out and adds fuses to these lines.. but I havent gotten to it yet...

PS this is a really clean board good work!!!

Its probaby too late to say this but maybe in a future revision. I was working on my own PCB project some time ago and one day my NVS4000 PSU had a pot fail on it and the 5V Pegged up to something insane. I had a Sega Jamma to JVS adapter board plugged in and it has fuses on the power traces. Those blew but it saved the IO board.

Long story short I think we should start throwing inline fuses on the gnd and power traces if possible for these add on things. What with how hard its getting to find some of these boards and all.

I was also planning to make a jamma adapter that has a voltage read out and adds fuses to these lines.. but I havent gotten to it yet...

PS this is a really clean board good work!!!
That would be cool to have that extra layer of protection. One issue I see is that to properly fuse each rail 5v,12v, etc...you would need to know the total amp draw each will have, and that would depend on the connected device. In our case let's say jamma boards, accessories, lights, amps, etc...so I don't think you can add a fuse that would properly protect each device since the amp draw can vary greatly.

Yes and this was the part I didnt work alot on yet but I would think there could be some maximal amp draw you could throw on but it would be difficult for some larger draw boards or lighter draw boards for example

The likelihood of a pot failing on a brand new Mean Well is close to non existent.

Also, Mean Wells already have short circuit and over voltage protection. I have actually tested the former in practice. I wired up +12V to the +5V logic line with a Mean Well. The PCB survived. Something must have blown, because it shorted, but I guess it was non-critical.

The likelihood of a pot failing on a brand new Mean Well is close to non existent.

Also, Mean Wells already have short circuit and over voltage protection. I have actually tested the former in practice. I wired up +12V to the +5V logic line with a Mean Well. The PCB survived. Something must have blown, because it shorted, but I guess it was non-critical.
true true it may not apply as directly to this project but it popped in my mind none the less

Yes sir, Im assembling a few boards right now and should be ready to ship by Tuesday/Wednesday. I just got in voltmeters yesterday everyone seems to like the red.

Hey, can i also get one of these? Need one for my Egret at our Museum in Germany. Just to be sure and not to grill the cave-pcb Oo :)

1710168836867.png

Hey, can i also get one of these? Need one for my Egret at our Museum in Germany. Just to be sure and not to grill the cave-pcb Oo :)

1710168836867.png
Send me a PM and I’ll set you up. I have a few ready to ship.

Back