What's new
For what it's worth mine arrived this morning but haven't had much time to test it. Mine appears to be white OLED (looks beautiful by the way) and working great with my Net City cabinet. Would you like for me to grab some debugging logs as well? I won't really be able to play with the thing until probably tomorrow due to work obligations. Getting to see this though was very exciting this morning :)

yL9vEfAl.jpg

Yeah, debug is useful - if nothing else to verify frequency and IO board name. The OLED display's a "short version" of the IO name, based on the long string the IO identifies as.

"SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD.;I/O 838-13683D ;Ver1.09;99/11" is shown as "Sega JammaV2" , the chances I got all the real strings correct are rather slim, so some will show "Unknown IO" - until I get all the strings correct, from the debug file.

Feedback on the Tri-Sync helper is also useful, picture quality, if the brightness is OK etc.

Firmware page updated. Only new thing in this version is 3.3V debug reading, and adjustment of startup timers.

Instructions on site, but basically - unzip to sd, hold both buttons pressed and apply power. I've tested SD cards formatted on PC, MAC and Linux - with and without partitions, so should be pretty tolerant. It does an image verification, and it's impossible to brick the device.

https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/firmware

Firmware page updated. Only new thing in this version is 3.3V debug reading, and adjustment of startup timers.

Instructions on site, but basically - unzip to sd, hold both buttons pressed and apply power. I've tested SD cards formatted on PC, MAC and Linux - with and without partitions, so should be pretty tolerant. It does an image verification, and it's impossible to brick the device.

Awesome, will test it out new firmware tonight. I got caught up getting a lot of stuff ready to ship today over the weekend, so a lot people are gonna be happy in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the update invzim. Reminds me that I need to reset the power outputs ;)
(I was having issues getting a Naomi DIMM setup to work, so upped the outputs but it didn't help!)
I'll adjust tomorrow once I have my multimeter

View attachment jamdebug3.txt

edit:
jamdebug3 - updated firmware. io powered on for a few seconds before powering the jammafier.

Thank you. I updated firmware and create new debug file.
View attachment jamdebug.txt

Hope the firmware update procedure was OK, but unfortunately no change :huh: . It's this part that is failing:

0000:00:00:05.183 - [JVS] jvsAssignAddress set address 1
0000:00:00:05.190 - [JVS] jvsGetAck no bytes received

Jammafier tells the IO board to initialize, but is getting no reply.

Could be
1 - Vewlix IO is not getting the request
2 - Vewlix IO is getting the request, but jammafier is not receiving the reply in time, or times out before the reply arrives, or some electrical issue.

It's a little hard to figure out without having one on my bench but I'll have a little think. Anyone know where I can buy/borrow or steal a vewlix io?

Do you have another usb cable to test with, just to rule out if the stock cable is border-line?

Just been at my postal address but nothing there yet, so I’ll check back later this week :(

Hope the firmware update procedure was OK, but unfortunately no change :huh: . It's this part that is failing:
Firmware update procedure worked fine 1st try and was an easy update process
It's a little hard to figure out without having one on my bench but I'll have a little think. Anyone know where I can buy/borrow or steal a vewlix io?

Do you have another usb cable to test with, just to rule out if the stock cable is border-line?
I tested with another usb cable and same issue.
I do not have an extra vewlix io but if you can not find one to test with I can switch my cab to fastio for the meantime and lend you my card(as long as it wont be destroyed in process ;) )

I'm sure you've done all this testing yourself invzim but for people looking at potentially purchasing this product with regard to fit the maximum length you can get in a Universal cab with the JAMMAFIER is a CPS2 board with the tri-sync adapter. It is JUST short enough that the door can close. Anything longer will require an extension cable.

Allright, last one for tonight I think.

This one should not be used other than debugging, and will show if the jammafier receives anything at all.
Here is the latest debug file from new firmwareView attachment jamdebug.txt
Thank you so much for helping with debugging today! The log unfortunately reveals nothing new. I'll have a think to see if more can be checked before I get an IO on the bench. If other vewlix owners can see if they also get the "jvsGetAck no bytes received" message it would be helpful.

Bit of a bummer, it will be fixed, but at least the ones with Sega IO's seem to work fine.

Back