What's new
Yeah, the EU part makes getting things in and out of Norway a little tricky (like the vewlix IO..) and is the reason(shipping companies excuse) for expensive shipping.
You saw the crazyness that its delayed X( because they are trying to figure out tax on a $10 part that they dont know what it is :D

That's correct, with the board up there it would allow for much easier wire routing to allow more space for the game pcbs utilizing a jamma extension harness. We can take it to PM to not litter the thread but if you happen to have the wiring for that PCB I'd love to see it. Mine did not come with the cables for the power sockets so I cannot wire mine up.
There's a thread for it there:

Sega Net City vs link board (838-13816-91) info
Allright - must be a NNC only thing, my UK Universal has no mounts or anything back there. Wire harnesses are incredibly labor intensive to manufacture, and especially Jamma where you likely have to solder each wire (ask @FrancoB :)) - plus the power cables would be longer, which is not desirable.

FedEx couldn't get the package from @Derick2k through customs in time before the week-end, and I'm away next week - so unfortunately no update on the vewlix stuff until Monday 3rd of September, given that they actually manage to deliver the package by then - sorry guys..

@invzim I have a bunch of weird Namco, Taito and Sega JVS. Should i give it a go??

I got mine today. Customs took 40 EUR from me ;(

@invzim I have a bunch of weird Namco, Taito and Sega JVS. Should i give it a go??

I got mine today. Customs took 40 EUR from me ;(
Normal boards would be priority #1 (joysticks & credit inptut), but sure :)

The jamdebug.txt file is additive, so will not overwrite existing content.

@invzim Man, that sucks. Did they try to charge you anything?

@Darksoft Damn, what is it with most of these countries and ridiculous tax on stuff like this.

Boards/platforms I've tested that worked without issue on my Net City:
CPS 1
CPS 2
ZN-1
ZN-2
System 10
System 11
TGM2
Neo Geo
F3

I don't have anything that uses -5V unfortunately so I cannot test that part of your device.

@invzim Man, that sucks. Did they try to charge you anything?
Will not know until a week or so after I actually get it, it SEEMS it's out of customs - so will find out in a week or so.
Boards/platforms I've tested that worked without issue on my Net City:
CPS 1
CPS 2
ZN-1
ZN-2
System 10
System 11
TGM2
Neo Geo
F3

I don't have anything that uses -5V unfortunately so I cannot test that part of your device.
Good stuff! I tested quite a few boards so the 'core' of things should be ok (famous last words :D ), and the last fix that took care of Bubble Bobble oddity should make the -5V pretty resilient. However, the tri-sync helper does change both the RGB and sync signals so reports on this is most welcome as it's the least (real world) tested component.

Hey,

I managed to give this a quick try today and much to my surprise it worked in my Namco Noir without needing anything to modify the video signal with some PCB's. It was a bit of a hit and miss. Some like Snow Bros. work perfectly where as others wouldn't be detected at all. I didn't get a tri-sync helper as I didn't actually think it would work at all. I will get one now to see if it helps.

IMG_1803.JPG

The JVS is identified as Unknown, but syncs and works. I have only had a moment to quickly try it and it seems to work with the exception of the test and coin buttons on the unit. These don't seem to do anything.

IMG_1800.JPG

The main issue I'm having apart from the hit and miss video syncing is audio. I basically have none from 80% of the boards I tried and the ones that did work the sound was terrible. Strider 2 is the only board where the audio was usable but to get it I had to turn the volume to almost full on the board and then I get a ringing in the background.
Has anyone else had issues with the audio?
I don't believe the cabinet is the issue as it works fine with TTX2, Naomi and TvC audio outputs.

Hey,

I managed to give this a quick try today and much to my surprise it worked in my Namco Noir without needing anything to modify the video signal with some PCB's. It was a bit of a hit and miss. Some like Snow Bros. work perfectly where as others wouldn't be detected at all. I didn't get a tri-sync helper as I didn't actually think it would work at all. I will get one now to see if it helps.

The JVS is identified as Unknown, but syncs and works. I have only had a moment to quickly try it and it seems to work with the exception of the test and coin buttons on the unit. These don't seem to do anything.

The main issue I'm having apart from the hit and miss video syncing is audio. I basically have none from 80% of the boards I tried and the ones that did work the sound was terrible. Strider 2 is the only board where the audio was usable but to get it I had to turn the volume to almost full on the board and then I get a ringing in the background.
Has anyone else had issues with the audio?
I don't believe the cabinet is the issue as it works fine with TTX2, Naomi and TvC audio outputs.
Away for the week with no computer, so I’m a little cut-off until next week - using my wife’s iPad

Nice with the video - it looks a bit too good to be a glitch. The tri-sync helper will attenuate and re-amplify the video to vga levels and clean + separate sync into h+v sync. The signal without it is pure unmodified straight from the jamma pcb. Got a spec sheet for the monitor used?

The unknown is simply the string used to match the io, please insert an sdcard with an empty file named “jamdebug.txt” so I can get the exact string and update the firmware.

Test is a plain JVS switch like the buttons and should work, I got a visual input check thing for the pled that was not included in the currrent firmware which should help identify that. As it’s just a plain switch, try holding it in for a bit - some games like cave cv1000 require this and it’s not related to the jammafier.

If there is a credit bug, that should also be an easy fix - I don’t remember if I added debug strings for the jamdebug.txt in the current release. It is set to ignore coin problems (no coin counter, jammed coins etc) - so that may be the issue.

For sound, double check your amplifier. Most games will output distorted sound when cranked to almost max. The red/white rca is exactly the same signal, so you could try with just one to see if the amp is up to some tricks. Is the amplifier sharing ground with the power connectors?

Last edited:
Nice with the video - it looks a bit too good to be a glitch. The tri-sync helper will attenuate and re-amplify the video to vga levels and clean + separate sync into h+v sync. The signal without it is pure unmodified straight from the jamma pcb. Got a spec sheet for the monitor used?
The monitor is a SANWA BN32H07S but good luck finding any information at all about it. I have spent hours looking for information to no avail. It basically doesn't exist anywhere that I've looked including Yahoo.JP using Katakana search terms. The only thing I know is, it is standard in the 2007 Namco Noir cabinet. Its 24V and has HDMI and RGBS inputs. Seems that it is a multi-Res LCD so that's a bonus. I may have to open one up and have a better look at the internals.

The unknown is simply the string used to match the io, please insert an sdcard with an empty file named “jamdebug.txt” so I can get the exact string and update the firmware.
I will try and do this tonight. I will also update to the latest firmware.

Test is a plain JVS switch like the buttons and should work, I got a visual input check thing for the pled that was not included in the currrent firmware which should help identify that. As it’s just a plain switch, try holding it in for a bit - some games like cave cv1000 require this and it’s not related to the jammafier.

If there is a credit bug, that should also be an easy fix - I don’t remember if I added debug strings for the jamdebug.txt in the current release. It is set to ignore coin problems (no coin counter, jammed coins etc) - so that may be the issue.
There are panel mounted switches inside the cabinet for service and test that seem are functioning fine so not sure if its just not seeing the correct signal. Will also test this again.

For sound, double check your amplifier. Most games will output distorted sound when cranked to almost max. The red/white rca is exactly the same signal, so you could try with just one to see if the amp is up to some tricks. Is the amplifier sharing ground with the power connectors?
I will test with an external sound source and see if I have the same issues. Really seems like on most of the boards though it just wasn't working at all or the signal was so high the cabinet amp is just shutting it down.

I will PM regarding a TriSync helper.

If I cant get to this tonight I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Updated to the latest firmware and did a little more testing tonight.

Test and service buttons have no function on any PCB's. Normal controls seem to be working great. I just need to make up some kick harnesses. View attachment jamdebug.txt

Still having audio issues but not sure why, Some PCB's work other no audio at all.

iPad doesn’t like the .txt file -can you mail it to me?

Odd with test and service, only thing I can think of right now is if the io board only issues it once instead of like a normal button press like it should, I.e keep it active as long as you keep it pressed. Is credit/coin working ok? Anyho - this is “just” software details that can easily be updated in firmware, and as I try to identify all boards I can add a “namco noir quirk”.

You can actually check this - if you fire up a Naomi and enter the jvs test menu, see what happens when you press the test/service buttons. You should get a persistent “1” when you do.

Would be nice to get to the bottom of the audio issue - is your amplifier volume control working ok? Saw a post on arcadeotaku on the namco blanc where volume was not adjustable.

Last edited:
invzim said:
I've noticed some buzzing yesterday as well so if I'm understanding this audio isn't attenuated from the jammafier? I have a car audio line output converter I was using with my supergun that would be easy to throw into my cab if this is the case.

I've noticed some buzzing yesterday as well so if I'm understanding this audio isn't attenuated from the jammafier? I have a car audio line output converter I was using with my supergun that would be easy to throw into my cab if this is the case.
The jammafier attenuates the audio. If you have distortion I would lower the volume on the pcb and increase the volume of the amplifier. This is actually a “good thing” as it will put less strain on the caps on the pcb.

Received mine two days ago.
I will be able to test it in the next few days…
Anyway the package was perfect.
And no customs….
:D
Board #5
;)

Back