What's new
If other vewlix owners can see if they also get the "jvsGetAck no bytes received" message it would be helpful.

Yep, I can confirm my Taito Vewlix IO shows the same:

0000:00:00:00.470 - Jammafier system start
0000:00:00:00.768 - Bld 2018-08-20t3
0000:00:00:03.025 - HW Init done
0000:00:00:03.026 - main program start
0000:00:00:03.030 - [JVS] ---- IRKEN LABS JVS SYSTEM INIT ENTER ----
0000:00:00:03.032 - [JVS] ----------> ENTER jvsBusInit
0000:00:00:03.034 - [JVS] jvsSendPacket:
0000:00:00:03.036 - [JVS] f0 d9 ..
0000:00:00:03.038 - [JVS] jvsBusReset reset JVS bus
0000:00:00:03.075 - [JVS] jvsSendPacket:
0000:00:00:03.077 - [JVS] f0 d9 ..
0000:00:00:03.081 - [JVS] jvsBusReset reset JVS bus
0000:00:00:05.082 - [JVS] jvsGetSense - sense is 1
0000:00:00:05.084 - [JVS] jvsAssignAddress set address 1
0000:00:00:05.086 - [JVS] jvsSendPacket:
0000:00:00:05.088 - [JVS] f1 01 ..
0000:00:00:05.096 - [JVS] jvsGetRawPacket dump - size 0:
0000:00:00:05.097 - [JVS] jvsGetAck no bytes received
0000:00:00:05.099 - [JVS] jvsAssignAddress set address failed for node 1
0000:00:00:05.102 - [JVS] jvsGetSense - sense is 1
0000:00:00:05.104 - [JVS] jvsBusInit Init of node 1 failed, sense is 1
0000:00:00:05.106 - [JVS] jvsGetSense - sense is 1
0000:00:00:05.107 - [JVS] jvsBusInit complete for 0 nodes, sense is 1
0000:00:00:05.109 - [JVS] <---------- EXIT jvsBusInit

I can report it's working very well on my Sega NNC cab.

No problem to report so far, even better it has significantly reduced the background noise on Legend of Hero Tonma.

Noise is still there on the background, but much significantly less noticeable, thus more enjoyable ! I believe it's the low pass filter of the Trisync helper.

The design is very clean, I am very happy with that device !

Last edited:
After a bit of sleep, my current theory is that the Taito engineers did something not super-smart with the RS485 on the vewlix IO. @Derick2k has kindly offered a way for me to get one on my desk, so I'm confident the issue can be identified and addressed. I leave for a weeks vacation this Saturday, so unfortunately it may take a couple of weeks to conclude.

To sum up, at this point it seems only the vewlix IO's are having issues.

After a bit of sleep, my current theory is that the Taito engineers did something not super-smart with the RS485 on the vewlix IO. @Derick2k has kindly offered a way for me to get one on my desk, so I'm confident the issue can be identified and addressed. I leave for a weeks vacation this Saturday, so unfortunately it may take a couple of weeks to conclude.

To sum up, at this point it seems only the vewlix IO's are having issues.
The IO will be on its way today :)

Tested a lot of my boards and so far haven't run into any problems. This is a pretty slick device and thanks again for making it!

I do have a suggestion if you end up doing a full on revision of this thing - make the pcb so it can mount on the Versus pcb mount in back of the Naomi Universal/Net/New Net City cabs. Reason being is I'm finding that some boards are REALLY hard to fit with the board attached but with where it has to go there's not really much room at all to use a JAMMA extension board. It'd look much cleaner from a wire management perspective from there at least in my opinion.

Tested a lot of my boards and so far haven't run into any problems. This is a pretty slick device and thanks again for making it!

I do have a suggestion if you end up doing a full on revision of this thing - make the pcb so it can mount on the Versus pcb mount in back of the Naomi Universal/Net/New Net City cabs. Reason being is I'm finding that some boards are REALLY hard to fit with the board attached but with where it has to go there's not really much room at all to use a JAMMA extension board. It'd look much cleaner from a wire management perspective from there at least in my opinion.
Thanks, and thanks for testing! I'm not quite sure I follow on the "can mount on the Versus pcb mount in back of the Naomi Universal" - you mean the tray with the amplifier and psu?

Thanks, and thanks for testing! I'm not quite sure I follow on the "can mount on the Versus pcb mount in back of the Naomi Universal" - you mean the tray with the amplifier and psu?
i believe he's talking about the screw mounts in the back of the cabinet that hold the VS PCB in place.

Link_5.JPG

i believe he's talking about the screw mounts in the back of the cabinet that hold the VS PCB in place.
Link_5.JPG
That's correct, with the board up there it would allow for much easier wire routing to allow more space for the game pcbs utilizing a jamma extension harness. We can take it to PM to not litter the thread but if you happen to have the wiring for that PCB I'd love to see it. Mine did not come with the cables for the power sockets so I cannot wire mine up.

Yeah!

Jammafier received today, very happy, but the fucking French customs charged me 80€ of taxes... ;(

The quality of the material and components is very good, installation very simple and the result it's amazing!!!

IMG_0700.JPG

For the NNC users, the Tri-Sync Helper is mandatory otherwise the picture is completely saturated.

Thank you again for this fabulous project :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    437.1 KB · Views: 94
They charged me nothing, what's wrong with them ? EDIT : Norway is not in the european union

Last edited:
F*cking taxes...
Doesn’t @invzim ship from Norway? Shouldn’t be any taxes within the EU?

Edit; just found out Norway is not part of the EU, so not sure om import taxes :(

Last edited:
Yeah, the EU part makes getting things in and out of Norway a little tricky (like the vewlix IO..) and is the reason(shipping companies excuse) for expensive shipping.

That's correct, with the board up there it would allow for much easier wire routing to allow more space for the game pcbs utilizing a jamma extension harness. We can take it to PM to not litter the thread but if you happen to have the wiring for that PCB I'd love to see it. Mine did not come with the cables for the power sockets so I cannot wire mine up.
There's a thread for it there:

Sega Net City vs link board (838-13816-91) info

Back