Pinned Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,
      I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
      The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
      Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.
    • scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
      The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
      Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.
      Welcome :)

and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
    • scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.
      The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.
      Looking for:
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), not working (even with faulty PCM chip)

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Darksoft wrote:

@INGUES what does your section ABOUT in the menu shows? As @SVM stated, please let us know if it works after deleting the BUFF file.
      Occasionally, when I start a game without loading the menu first, only the top graphics layer is visible (usually the score, lives etc) I just go back to the menu, and load the slots again and it works
      Collector for 25 years - New from '92 - Electrocoin Xenon SFII CE - Over 150 original PCBs - Darksoft Multi CPS2/Taito F3/Neo Geo MVS+AES/Irem M72 - JROK multi Williams
    • PascalP wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      Welcome :)
      and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
      Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.
      I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
      I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
      Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.
    • Apocalypse wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.
      Are there CD games converted to ROMS? I could find only CD images.
      If the card could read CD images in the future it would be for sure more comfortable.
      It is not a must of course, only a plus that i think could be appreciated by users :)

As for memory card, do you know if DarkSoft card can emulate it?
    • Yes there have been few CD games converted to ROMs, Crossed Swords 2 comes to mind.
      Looking for:
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), not working (even with faulty PCM chip)

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • scopion73 wrote:

PascalP wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      Welcome :) and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
      Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
      I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
      Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.
      Those sound like they should be fine, I don’t know exactly how much amps a consolized unit will draw, but it will be slightly more with the multi compared to a OEM cart.
      i think most people that has issues where using <5A supplies anyway
    • This is for MVS. Here's what the About menu shows:

Firmware revision: 0x044e
      Firmware build: 0xa160
      Top file build: 0x35bb
      Menu build date: Nov 22 2019
      Menu build time: 22 : 10 : 59
      Supported games: 238 out of 239
      Detected Hardware: MVS

I went ahead and deleted the BUFF file and then re-assigned the games to different slots and rebooted. The issue appears to have gone away by doing that and I can see normal graphics in MS3 and Blazing Star. The About menu has the same values as before I deleted the BUFF file.

I think it's resolved but let me know if there's anything else that I need to do or if something looks off in the About details.