What's new
@brizzo I see I’m still on the batch #1, can you please take me off and someone else can take that spot for now :)

In the interest of playing nice, please move me to the October batch. I still have to source a motherboard, I would rather give someone who already has a setup ready to go a chance to be playing sooner.

Thank you!

In the interest of playing nice, please move me to the October batch. I still have to source a motherboard, I would rather give someone who already has a setup ready to go a chance to be playing sooner.

Thank you!
I actually have a 256 and two 246 systems and could probably part with one of the 246, plus I am local.

macOS hype!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to modern Mac, but a few small tweaks and code compiles and works how it should :)

sys2x6_host-mac-info.PNG

A few years ago defor posted a clean list of which games work on 246 or 256 here: Dongle conversion

246 OR a 256 PCB:
- Capcom Fighting Jam
- Fate - Unlimited Codes
- Mobile Suit Gundam Quiz Warrior
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta - A.E.U.G. vs. Titans
- Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta - A.E.U.G. vs. Titans DX
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - Federation vs. Z.A.F.T.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Federation vs. Z.A.F.T. II
- Quiz & Variety Suku Suku Inufuku 2 - More Suku Suku
- Sengoku Basara X
- Soul Calibur II
- Soul Calibur III - Arcade Edition
- Technic Beat
- Zoids Infinity - EX Plus *
- Zoids Infinity *

* Require Twinsticks, but is very easy to wire using either JVS or JAMMA IO.

246 ONLY (With specific DVD-ROM drive):
- Bloody Roar 3
- Netsu Chuu! Pro Baseball 2002
- Pride GP 2003
- Smash Court Pro Tournament
- Tekken 4

256 ONLY:
- Battle of YuYu Hakusho - Deathmatch! Dark Martial Arts Association, The
- Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix
- Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2
- Mobile Suit Gundam - Gundam vs. Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam - Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT
- Super Dragon Ball Z
- Tekken 5
- Tekken 5 - Dark Resurrection

Well, 246 specific games are out for me then, I only have a 256, but im ok with that :)

There is a jumper on the 256 to turn it into a 246
Well that's the best news I've heard all day.
Please note that these do not work on a 256 in 246 mode;

246 ONLY (With specific DVD-ROM drive):
- Bloody Roar 3
- Netsu Chuu! Pro Baseball 2002
- Pride GP 2003
- Smash Court Pro Tournament
- Tekken 4

There is a jumper on the 256 to turn it into a 246
that's only for those 246 games that happen to run on the 256, (I believe the jumper simply adjusts the clock speed? I could be wrong on this)

the 246 only games also require certain ATAPI commands that are unsupported on the 256, so they are not supported even with the jumper.

Thank you for doing such a nice project. I would like to get on the october list :thumbup:

I'll got for the October batch please, any idea if it'll make Tekken4 less fussy on drives?

I'll got for the October batch please, any idea if it'll make Tekken4 less fussy on drives?
99.9% sure the answer is no. It'll be just like a normal Tekken 4 dongle.

99.9% sure the answer is no. It'll be just like a normal Tekken 4 dongle.
That'd be awesome if they could patch out the DVD drive requirements on Bloody Roar 3 and Tekken 4 .. or even make it to where Fate Unlimited Codes can be ran off a DVD.

Back