What's new
So if you push "Alt+F4" to exit the game, what happens if you push it again once you're in the menu?
You would exit the menu and need to restart the unit.
ok, so logical follow up what is the easiest way to wire up reset to a push button? I think I read it is somewhere on the jvs I/o? Or maybe easiest would be wire up a button to the x2 motherboard?

I don't mind making my own "Home" button wired through something like that KeyWiz. If that means it wont interfere with the normal operation of the IO data... but I also don't want players to accidentally push it and kill the menu.

Maybe the menu could be modified to block an Alt+F4 while active? or maybe the keywiz could be set output a different key combination and there would be a background task that would translate that to Alt+F4 while in game but ignore it while in menu?

This is my jumper position by now..I have read to put 2 on to get 720p?
iBfPnqy.jpg

Some one make works mame in 1.4 version of this sofware? If can help me please? Of course Thanks so much every one to make easy to enjoy our cabs..

So if you push "Alt+F4" to exit the game, what happens if you push it again once you're in the menu?
You would exit the menu and need to restart the unit.
ok, so logical follow up what is the easiest way to wire up reset to a push button? I think I read it is somewhere on the jvs I/o? Or maybe easiest would be wire up a button to the x2 motherboard?
You could wire up a reset switch to the I/O card in the X2. The I/O card already had a reset button, so you could just solder it there, or tap into the harness that connects to the front panel header.

I don't mind making my own "Home" button wired through something like that KeyWiz. If that means it wont interfere with the normal operation of the IO data... but I also don't want players to accidentally push it and kill the menu.

Maybe the menu could be modified to block an Alt+F4 while active? or maybe the keywiz could be set output a different key combination and there would be a background task that would translate that to Alt+F4 while in game but ignore it while in menu?
I could have the menu ignore ALT+F4,

This is my jumper position by now..I have read to put 2 on to get 720p?

Some one make works mame in 1.4 version of this sofware? If can help me please? Of course Thanks so much every one to make easy to enjoy our cabs.
Set DIP2 to the ON position, and turn OFF the other dips since they're not doing anything.

Also, the black plastic square that is covering up the DIPS can be easily removed with a flat head screw driver.

For an exit to the home screen. When Lewis and I coded the stuff for the JVS for the MAME and PSX games we coded in holding down P1 button 1 and P1 start at the same for a few seconds to exit. It seems to work pretty good.

When no coins are present in the machine you hold start+player 1 button, but this exit is built into the games, and is done by them

Thank you so much for this multi. It works perfect with my Taito X2 and Capcom I/O using my Sigma Raijin. However with my Sega I/O v3 the coin button doesn’t work. I went ahead and tried my original SFIV and also got a coin error: 0101 open circuit. Just to make sure this wasn’t just a bad Sega I/O I tried another one and got the same error. I did some research online and found out other people saying that it also happens to them with certain games on some cabinets/superguns. In my case I tried several games in the multi and all them were missing the coin button. I was wondering if the multi image could be fixed to make the coin button work with the Sega I/O.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

I thought the issue was coin meter related - I'm sure my Sega jvs-Jamma adapter has resistors soldered between coin meter pin and another pin to fix this for some Naomi net-boot games

Ah, that’s exactly the issue but my sega i/o adapter is the one that comes in a black metal box so i’ll have to do it externally on the jamma harness or something like that.
Thank you for helping me.
\o/.k.

i'm testing a couple of theories that could be used to exit a game with JVS.

One being a hook that has minimum impact on the stream.

the other is reading the game memory for where it stores the key presses. the memory region will need to be known for each game so will be very time consuming to create but if the above does not yield good results it is a solid fall back.

i currently have exiting working with my fast io 2 jvs lib quite well mimicking nesica's exit method

Trying today to have the Fast IO board connected to the type x2 with the Fast IO pci card.
I adapt this to jamma

mlaDBj9h.jpg
But seems that i have some problems into the cabling since i have to disconnect pin 1-2-3-4 from the 60 pin harness, were +12v and +5v are, otherwise simply the psu of the jamma won't start at all.
Then i disconnect them and all now starts…
but then i got I/O Error using the multiboot.
RZu7F0Uh.jpg

Now just to understand….
This card in Fast IO, should works with this 1.4 multiboot, or it's limited to the usb?

Because it it have to works, then i have to check why i have this I/O Error….

Trying today to have the Fast IO board connected to the type x2 with the Fast IO pci card.
I adapt this to jamma

mlaDBj9h.jpg
But seems that i have some problems into the cabling since i have to disconnect pin 1-2-3-4 from the 60 pin harness, were +12v and +5v are, otherwise simply the psu of the jamma won't start at all.
Then i disconnect them and all now starts…
but then i got I/O Error using the multiboot.
RZu7F0Uh.jpg

Now just to understand….
This card in Fast IO, should works with this 1.4 multiboot, or it's limited to the usb?

Because it it have to works, then i have to check why i have this I/O Error….
v1.4 does support FastIO, though I've never tested with one of those FastIO boards.

Most likely your network cable is either bad or not a straight through cable. You cannot use a crossover cable.

Cab-wise a majority of the games will let you quit back to the multi if you drop into test menu and exit. While it's not 100% it is an option if you weren't aware of it.

Edit: also if you get that fast io board working please update this thread if buttons 5 & 6 work for you. I've run into two boards with that model number where they do not function at all.

Tip:If you want to buy Fast/io and want to use the 5 and 6 buttons. Must be to select the "K91X1252A" model. This model 100% work.

Hey mates. I hate to derail the conversation but have another question regarding the TX2 multi. I got a Chase HQ2 that runs on the older revision of the X2, the 204A. I swapped the video card for the one from my working X2 since Chase HQ2 uses the Radeon one. The system takes several tries to boot because of bulging caps but when it finally did I got a hal.dll error: "Please re-install a copy of the above file". Has anybody tried the multi with a Chase HQ2 X2 board?

Thanks,
\o/.k.

Back