What's new
When AES cart is released I expect it will go a lot smoother.
Two major reasons for this...
  1. Bugs found now in the MVS firmware will also help supporting AES
  2. AES hardware only has two minor revisions that I'm aware of (unlike MVS motherboards that have many many different revisions).
There are many revs over aes hardware, some are better than others (mostly for RGB, and it's (very) visible with upscalers nowdays)

I've just made a ranking -to top notch signal from badest one - RGB only -

AES "green" - aes NEC motherboard (0 to 12k/15k ?) - I can confirm there are at least two revisions for NEC hardware, one with bios support, one without -
AES with "daughterboard" - with and without armour paper
AES "armoured" (serial 20.000 / 33.000) - (I've got one strange rev 4.1 ??)
AES 3.4 / 3.3
AES 3.6
AES 3.5

MVS slot are lickely on top with the aes NEC mobos, wich offers the bests RGB signals I've seen

I can confirm there are at least two revisions for NEC hardware, one with bios support, one without
This is what I was referring too... Sure other revisions exist but far as I'm aware only the video output between them is different.
The multi cart don't care how clear your video output looks, and with all other parts being the same the support will be easier (unlike MVS with its multiple slot configurations).

I'm by no means an AES expert, but I think he means there are at least 6 major revisions of the AES, and 2 like "sub-revisions" of the NEC one.

I'm by no means an AES expert, but I think he means there are at least 6 major revisions of the AES
Yea same not a AES expert at all.

6 major revisions tho?
Nope, the only thing that's different is the video output... This makes them minor revisions, not major (aka they won't require special attention to use the multi cart because the multi cart don't give a shit how clear your video output is).

As the owner of the AES console, you probably care a great deal about RGBs/video output quality.
So it's easy to think of this difference as major, however from a cart functionality standpoint it makes zero difference so it is in fact minor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's just a fact of RGB output quality, and some SNK archeology :D that is cool to know about (and have their reflexion about their systems)

I'm not as confident as you are :P

I've got that armoured Neo (who works with 5v psu), that don't want to play 161in1 (with mvs adaptor), and I've seen others console, with quite the same serials or nearby who encouters same problems

So we may encounter some aes hardware that would be more capricious than others :/
Or maybe not :thumbup:

I've got that armoured Neo (who works with 5v psu), that don't want to play 161in1 (with mvs adaptor)
Could you replace the PSU with another 5v with more/greater amp output?
I suspect that is just an issue of power, as the x-in-1 carts draw a little more than reg carts.

I have tested with original SNK psu, replacement psu with 2A, and for finish with a 5A, not a successfull one yet

Maybe it's my neo who need some caps replacement (or other techs fixes), but the armouring is all over the motherboard, so...I like it like that, and moreover it's working with all my originals games

img_1117.jpg

Will the new orders / shipments of the DarkSoft MVS have the newest firmware already installed ?

DarkSoft MVS have the newest firmware already installed ?
Yes, only one official (final) firmware has been released so far and all carts sold ship with it installed.
The Menu portion has received a few updates/releases now, but firmware just the one.

Will the new orders / shipments of the DarkSoft MVS have the newest firmware already installed ?
Yes, they always come with latest menu and firmware, unless between end of production and shipping a new version has been released, like would be the case now with people, still getting the latest firmware but not the latest menu release yesterday.

I just got mine yesterday and I threw the rom pack on it and fired it up. All I gotta say is pro job guys. It's working amazingly and all the games I have been trying are working just like the original carts. I love it!
Nice, which motherboard are you using?

I just got mine yesterday and I threw the rom pack on it and fired it up. All I gotta say is pro job guys. It's working amazingly and all the games I have been trying are working just like the original carts. I love it!
Please post details on your working setup.

:D

Nice, which motherboard are you using?
I've got an mv1fs with unibios 3.2.

Please post details on your working setup.
:D
What details you want?

Got my multi a couple weeks ago and just got to testing it. First, I want to say that the smoked translucent cart was a nice touch, thank you! But as far as functionality goes, everything seems to be working fine on my Omega. I'm new to Neo, but as far as cart and menu functionality goes, everything seems fine. I've not had any games glitch (that I can tell anyway) so far, and overall I'm very happy with the product. Load times are great and all seems good on my end. Looking forward to future updates!

Back