What's new
For Sale
J

jassin000

So I've been in email contact with Coinopexpress, before shipping they list the New L version Vewlix at 1600$.

Ken (TheGameRoom) has 2 Used F's right now (and can get more) for 2600$ a piece before shipping.

In both cases, combining the shipping on more then one cab makes the price to Boston allot better...
From CoinOps depending on size of order, the saving could be rather large.

I'm in for at least one F from Ken, or if the preference is high for the less expensive L...
Prehaps two shipping total dependent.

I would like to place this order nearing spring time (think tax returns) I'm also flexible depending on interest.

Both sellers will allow for committed parties to pay (via wire transfer) money directly/individualy for the cab(s)... I would only collect a split of the shipping total, paying it with my order and holding the cabs at my address/location for pickup.

Let's make some East Coast Vewlix happen in 2016!

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I bought an F from Ken last month and I'm very pleased with it. He's always great with everything and handles after-purchase issues very well. I got send a cab with an IO board only usable on networked games and he promptly replaced it for the F. Had PSU issues with an AWSD I bought years ago and he overnighted a new PSU. My singular complaint is that Ken doesn't have marquees for his Vewlixes.

I'd avoid the L's if you can, they're just not the same thing quality-wise. They also don't come with IO's or sound amps from coinopexpress from what I've read of others' experiences, just an empty cab so that's worth mentioning, I think.

Depending on total price, I would be in for an "F" version cab. I am also considering getting a new net city cab or another blast city, haven't decided yet. But what I am really looking out for one of the later versions of an Initial D racing cab.

East coast cab order? I'm in. Viewlix? Not so much. I'm looking for a couple basic Jamma cabs. Actually just emailed Ken yesterday about securing some NACs but he doesn't have any until April at the earliest.

Buuuuuut depending on time frame, I might be in on this. Boston is only about 6 hours one way, nothing absurd.

Based on the above I shot Ken another email today...

I asked about availability/price of the Init D RC cab, a NAC and two Vewlix F's all shipped to the Boston area.

I still see this as a April (Tax time) plan/order... If anyone else East Coast has interest, we've got time to create/add/alter this order. The goal is getting everyone what they want, at a reasonable shipping price.

I will update back with details from my latest request.

I bought an F from Ken last month and I'm very pleased with it. He's always great with everything and handles after-purchase issues very well
I totally agree, Coinop (after emailing with them and reading what others had to say) is NOT the way to go on this.
I've also dealt with Ken in the past, he stands by what he sells, and sells what you're looking for without trickery/deception.

Ken wrote me back, right now he only has 1 Vewlix left... But is expecting 2 more before my order window.

Bad news on the NAC, I guess he can only get the Astro City and isn't expecting this to change in the near future. :(

Good news on the Init-D RC, he can get them and is currently checking a price. :)

**Thread Retitled**

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, seems to be the only game in town really. I am looking to get 2 more cabs, maybe 3. I honestly might just fly out to him to hand pick cabs from what he has. I know he has 2 locations on the west coast. Cali & Utah, I have family in Cali, so not a bid deal to go visit them and go by Ken's.

There are couple sellers in Illinois I think, but never dealt with them, figured it would be cheaper shipping to the east coast from there. Does anyone know any sellers nearer to the east coast?

I also have friends in Southern California, and I've considered flying out (to Ken) then driving back a 24ft Uhaul stacked full of cabs headed for the East Coast.

My problem is I don't want to take a pile of money from a bunch of different people, and I don't have the money to put up myself.

So I would be flying out, renting trucks and driving them back at my own expense... IE hasn't been worth it for me to do so.

How much are the Astro City Cabs? I really want one. It might not be the right time for me with a new baby but...well, I'm curious.

Boston is only 1.5 hours from me but I legit have no room for another cab right now... I am interested to see where this thread goes though.

The only way you could save some real money on shipping is large order to one location, say like 20 cabs, I think that would bring the shipping price down to the $100-200 range per cab.

I am measuring my wall space to to see what I can fit. But I think I am definitely going with either 2 New Astro Citys or 1 Vewlix F. It is so hard to decide, but I think I am leaning towards the NACs, it just makes sense.

Damn it...the wife just saw the post and she asked if I was getting more cabs...told her I was thinking about it, she replies that she is thinking about us having another kid. I lovingly replied that we are blessed to have our son and that I want more more children, but that at the moment I had two others downstairs that were waiting for me to finish cleaning them and put them back together...I had a good laugh, her, not so much.

It might not be the right time for me with a new baby but...
Step 1: Remove MonitorStep 2: Install Bassinet

*BOOM*

CANDY CRIB!!!

(ballin')
darth-vader-no.jpg

Just remember that you can't put three or more of the same Japanese cabinets next to each other over here. It's a very bad idea.

Just remember that you can't put three or more of the same Japanese cabinets next to each other over here. It's a very bad idea.
If this is a joke it's gone over my head... If you're serious, then whyyyyyy? I have one day in the far future plans of 4 Mini Cutes in a tidy little row.

Back