What's new
I have a question How change the esc bouton in FastIO.dll? thanx for advance.

@Murray

This is the way it works on the TypeX and TypeX2.

The disk is divided into two partitions: 1 and 2, A booted TypeX system sees these as drive C:\ and D:\

Windows is stored on the C:\ drive and the game is stored in the encrypted container in C:\TypeXsys\data\vdimg_ec.img

When the launcher starts, the encrypted container is mounted as read-only virtual drive E:\

The entire D:\ drive is used for configuration and save data.

Since each game resides on a HDD of it's own this is not an issue for the original games.

I was being an idiot last time! When I swapped over the Naomi with a TTX I unplugged the power supply that was also powering the IO board (I thought it was getting power over the JVS USB cable). Now sadly I'm getting a Japanese error message that roughly translates to "Could not get device performance" when I try and get into a game. The game select menu works fine.

Any ideas?

This is a TTX+ Half Life Survivor, Intel P4.

Edit: Just read through the thread, looks like TTX+ has different enough hardware not to be supported by a lot of stuff which is a shame. I've bought myself a 9600SE I'll just have to figure out how to flash it. Did anyone have any luck being able to flash it from the TTX+?

Last edited:
Most people are flashing from another machine. Once you flash the video card with the correct BIOS, it should work fine.

Most people are flashing from another machine. Once you flash the video card with the correct BIOS, it should work fine.
Finding a machine with an AGP slot might be the hardest part!

Totally agree, I ended up having to ask a friend with an old gaming PC to flash it for me. His board still has an AGP slot. Maybe someone on here can help?

Good luck!

Anyone familiar with this error message when booting Tetris GMS on a Taito Type X1? All other games boot correct, running with the multi-kit card in the IDE slot.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 6239D8C8-EDAA-4CAD-9D53-775F45325569.jpeg
    6239D8C8-EDAA-4CAD-9D53-775F45325569.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 128
Here ya go! I’ve got 2 sticks of working Ram, GFX card is stock. TTX1 is as received from seller in Japan.

I am attempting to load the game in standard res via VGA out on the graphics card.

Attachments

• EF9ACA44-228B-490B-8F36-C898B104DF01.jpeg
    EF9ACA44-228B-490B-8F36-C898B104DF01.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 97F867AF-4FC1-4078-8406-75A6ACA74535.jpeg
    97F867AF-4FC1-4078-8406-75A6ACA74535.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 145
  • EBD36F60-7A7A-4169-99D8-7D7A792A3B00.jpeg
    EBD36F60-7A7A-4169-99D8-7D7A792A3B00.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 133
@davesarcades I see you're using CF, I tried that but it was too slow - you could easily see it in Raiden (not sure if it was 3 or 4) where the intro video was stuttering. I didn't use a fancy CF card, but something to be aware of. SATA works great though, no need to use IDE drives.

Please try to get that BIOS dumped as RTW suggested. That seems to be labeled different than the "JAMMA BIOS" used on all other TTX units I've seen.

What game was originally equipped in this TTX unit?

I don’t have an old computer to grab the bios but I’d be happy to mail it to someone who wants to grab the data. I don’t know what game it was before. If the GFX card is the reason Tetris doesn’t boot I’d be interested in buying a gfx card that will boot Tetris too :)

Are there occasional seeders for the torrent file ?

There are none at the moment as I try to download the file.

I'm having some issues with my Type X, TGM/Chaos Breaker won't launch from the launcher, KOF98 errors out. If I try to manually boot TGM/Chaos Breaker, I can get some OPENGL32 error, if I manually boot KOF98 I get a JVS error. Input works on the launcher though so I think my JVS card is good. I'm using a Taito JVS. My 9600SE has no label on it, not sure if it fell off. Also I sourced my files from archive.org so I'm not quite sure if it's correct.

Please try with the files found in the first post.

Back