What's new
0S0myGR.png

So, you shared this here and at Arcade Otaku. Any other place where this pirate could be lurking?

It looks like some pirate has taken my latest release and added 23 games and uploaded it to ThePirateBay. If you search for "Taito TypeX2 Multi" you can see what I'm talking about. Some people have no respect for copyrights!
not fully seeded yet, but I'll throw my hat into the ring and assist. :)

What are people using to write the RC2 image in windows? I've tried win32diskimager a couple times and when it is done it doesnt work. Windows just wants me to format the disk. I think my computer is just being stupid. I go to format the disk after the 2nd try and it says I cant format and then the 3 drives show up. I am going to try again with WinHex.

edit: looks like win32diskimager is fine just on my system i have to unmount the drive then remount and its fine in case any of you run im to the same thing.

Last edited:
It looks like some pirate has taken my latest release and added 23 games and uploaded it to ThePirateBay. If you search for "Taito TypeX2 Multi" you can see what I'm talking about. Some people have no respect for copyrights!
I see it but on the list of 23 games I do not see Death Smiles 2... why?

Guys....guys.... LOL

I was being sarcastic, nobody "stole" it. I was trying to say "Hey! I uploaded a torrent of my multi with 23 games to ThePirateBay" without ACTUALLY saying that. ;)

I figured when people seen the user was "NotNiko" they would see it as a terrible disguise and really know it was me.

I wasnt sure how Darksoft felt about leading people to copyrighted material on his site otherwise I'd of just posted the magnet link.

I see it but on the list of 23 games I do not see Death Smiles 2... why?
Death Smiles 2 was a port from cave hardware and not official X2 game. I'm working on making a supported version of it along with crimzon clover, ikuraga, mame, etc.

EDIT:
Crimzon Clover, and MAME are working just need to incorporate a loader and the JVS stuff.

Guys....guys.... LOL

I was being sarcastic, nobody "stole" it. I was trying to say "Hey! I uploaded a torrent of my multi with 23 games to ThePirateBay" without ACTUALLY saying that. ;)
:/

Guys....guys.... LOL

I was being sarcastic, nobody "stole" it. I was trying to say "Hey! I uploaded a torrent of my multi with 23 games to ThePirateBay" without ACTUALLY saying that.
Wish you told us before we rounded up all these Somali pirates. Now they want to bum all my smokes and keep asking for pictures of American women. they all know of Michael Jackson and Celine Dion btw. Dont believe me? just ask them.

-Honestly i couldn't pass up the opportunity for a good meme.
Death Smiles 2 was a port from cave hardware and not official X2 game. I'm working on making a supported version of it along with crimzon clover, ikuraga, mame, etc.

EDIT:
Crimzon Clover, and MAME are working just need to incorporate a loader and the JVS stuff.
Crimzon Clover nessica live ver. and world ignition?

I dont know how possible it would be, Danmaku Unlimited 2 would be awesome running on a X2.

Sine Mora, revolver360, eXcreed, etc. ......wishful thinking

Hey Niko

Awesome work! I just got the raw image and used HDD Raw Copy Tool to write each sector to a 160gb hdd and everything booted and looks good! Though thats as far as i was able to get. Having this plugged into my cousin's vewlix here in japan, it booted correctly but when i tried to select a game or hit a button, it doesn't seem to be reading the JVS input from his vewlix, so i can't navigate the menu or start up a game.

Not sure if there is something else i need to do. He's using a AMI Vewlix L that has the JVS board in the CP.

Hey Niko

Awesome work! I just got the raw image and used HDD Raw Copy Tool to write each sector to a 160gb hdd and everything booted and looks good! Though thats as far as i was able to get. Having this plugged into my cousin's vewlix here in japan, it booted correctly but when i tried to select a game or hit a button, it doesn't seem to be reading the JVS input from his vewlix, so i can't navigate the menu or start up a game.

Not sure if there is something else i need to do. He's using a AMI Vewlix L that has the JVS board in the CP.
It probably has something to do with the JVS I/O he is using. Can you take a picture of the I/O board? Does the I/O board connect directly to the X2?

EDIT: Have you tried an official X2 game, or the old multi?
ok, serious Q here, can you add Nessica games to this (like Ultra SF4 or others)?
You can, and it will boot them. But the Nesica games use a different I/O. A JVS to FastIO emulator would need to be written.

Last edited:
what OS did you use HDD Raw Copy with?

@Niko well yes my exe were named launcher thanks.

oohh. will that cause any input lag?

Additionally, I'm at 100% and seeding now :)
Yea, theoretically. You will also loose the advantages that come with using a FastIO....like the "fast io" LOL.

In reality it would be better to go from FastIO->JVS. But that problem with that is FastIO setups dont come up for sale as often as the JVS stuff. JVS has been around forever and is used with many different arcade hardware, FastIO as far as I know is proprietary Taito hardware.

Along with having the actual FastIO board. You also need a DMAC which is a PCI-E card installed in your X2 and then on top of that 50% of the games require a RFID reader which actually plugs into the JVS controller on the X2.

So you need FastIO+DMAC+RFID.

Last year I saw a total of three FastIO boards come up for sale. I bought 2 of them. DMAC's you almost never find by themselves, you usually have to buy an X2 that already has one installed. All the new X2's have them. You can identify them by the two network ports next to the JVS controller on the back of the X2. Nesica RFID readers are the most common, you can usually find them by themselves on YAJ or with vewlix panels.

Hey Niko

It probably has something to do with the JVS I/O he is using. Can you take a picture of the I/O board? Does the I/O board connect directly to the X2?
EDIT: Have you tried an official X2 game, or the old multi?
ok, serious Q here, can you add Nessica games to this (like Ultra SF4 or others)?
You can, and it will boot them. But the Nesica games use a different I/O. A JVS to FastIO emulator would need to be written.
He's using the standard Taito JVS board thats in the vewlix (photo below)

It plugs directly into the X2 and we've verified that it works with his legit BlazBlue CT/CS and with the old standard multi without any issues.

@corey - I used HDD Raw Copy Tool for Windows 7, not sure if that would cause any issues, but it seemed to work okay.

Back