What's new
Any chance you could incorporate an FTP server in the multigame GUI? It'd make file transfers a lot easier.

Cheers. ;)

wonder if it would be good to add a sub to this thread for feature requests or at least a collection of requests just to make it easier for everyone to see what may be on the horizon or not feasible.

If someone who has two player controls wants to test and let me know that it works I'd appreciate it.
Good news: 2-player controls work
Bad News: 2-player buttons are reversed :P

Since this project has turned out so awesome I'm moving it to the Project Showcase and Sticky-ing it.
LOL I knew I was forgetting something! Its since been fixed and i updated the post and will be adding link to the update package on the first page.

Thanks for testing!

Any chance you could incorporate an FTP server in the multigame GUI? It'd make file transfers a lot easier.

Cheers. ;)
An FTP server would be a ton of work, It would be much easier to setup shared folders. However I have another project idea that was going to use the NIC on the X2

I was also sort of planning to add a USB update function to the multi, maybe I could incorporate copying games from USB or give the option to launch the windows explorer with JVS controls.

Very nice work on the Ex-board games Niko! :D

Tetris TGM3 works on this if you update the graphics drivers to the latest version at http://www.elsa-jp.co.jp/support/download/driver/geforce_xp_32bit/

However, it causes graphics issues on both earlier BlazBlue titles (not sure about CS2). It was reported previously that Battle Fantasia and Sam Sho Sen also had issues, but I was unable to reproduce any problems with those two.

There's actually nine previous graphics driver revisions though before 306.81; maybe one of them is the 'sweet spot' and will allow all titles to work?

ver301.422012.5.25153MBdownload
ver285.582012.1.6165MBdownload
ver270.612011.5.27126MBdownload
ver266.772011.3.10125MBdownload
ver260.992011.1.18117MBdownload
ver258.962010.8.23131MBdownload
ver197.452010.4.13109MBdownload
ver195.622009.11.26116MBdownload
ver191.072009.5.10109MBdownload

The latest driver is 306.81 WHQL 2012.11.14 (http://www.elsa-jp.co.jp/html/download/driver/geforce/winxp-32bit-30681_all.exe).

I'll try and give some of the older drivers a shot when I get the chance. If anyone else wants to do the same, please feel free to chime in.

One of the challenges of creating a multi is finding the best reference image. Since each game shipped with the complete OS the developer could do whatever they wanted on the OS side. I made a "multi" for the original TypeX back in the day and I spent a long time comparing the images to determine what was the common denominator. Of course this is not easy nowadays since we do not have complete images of the hard disks only the extracted game. For example there is no proper complete hard disk dump of TGM3 so it's hard to determine what the original configuration was. If anyone could share a proper hard disk dump (dd/Winhex) and a picture of the hard disk label we would be one step further.

I finally got TGM3 running by copying in some opengl files but then there was an issue with the screensaver kicking in after 20 minutes ^^ , that took a bit longer to solve.

@rtw are you able to upload the dlls you used somewhere for others to use

Just tested the EX-Board games and they work great.

Thanks again Niko

Tested a LOT of different graphics drivers. Everything in my previous list that was available on the Elsa site causes issues with earlier X2 games (e.g. BlazBlue series).

Ended up going back further thanks to the Guru3D archive and found ver169.21:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-XP-169.21-(32-bit)-WHQL-download-1800.html

TGM3 works (as long as you've added the missing DLLs to its folder), as do the BlazBlue titles, Battle Fantasia, Sam Sho Sen, KOF XIII, SF4AE2012, etc.

There might be some minor issues I haven't seen, but it seems the best driver for maximum compatibility will be greater than or equal to ver169.21 and less than ver191.07.

I'm pretty burned out after testing a crap load of drivers, so I'm going to stick with 169.21 for now unless I encounter any issues.

Any idea if "notNiko" will release another torrent dump with the full game list added?
Yep, it will probably be around the time v1.1 comes out

Tested a LOT of different graphics drivers. Everything in my previous list that was available on the Elsa site causes issues with earlier X2 games (e.g. BlazBlue series).

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-XP-169.21-(32-bit)-WHQL-download-1800.html

TGM3 works (as long as you've added the missing DLLs to its folder), as do the BlazBlue titles, Battle Fantasia, Sam Sho Sen, KOF XIII, SF4AE2012, etc.

There might be some minor issues I haven't seen, but it seems the best driver for maximum compatibility will be greater than or equal to ver169.21 and less than ver191.07.

I'm pretty burned out after testing a crap load of drivers, so I'm going to stick with 169.21 for now unless I encounter any issues.
Thanks again for testing all those drives. I'll try this 169.21 driver when I get home.

Thanks for confirming this Kuze...

and now to buy an X2. Super excited!!

So I've also tested driver 169.21 and havent found any issues. The driver in the stock image is v93.71, so its a pretty big jump going from 93.71 to 169.21.

At this point I think Im going to include it into a "v1.1 beta" in a few days and have you guys test it. So long as nobody finds any graphical issues I'll roll it out into the official version 1.1 release.

Back