What's new
I just realized he has 2 of them sold. That makes me sad. :(

Maybe I should start offering preimaged drives with games as an option for people who cant or dont want to make their own drive.

Mo's had these pirate X2 drives for sale for a while, I think they were copies of you-know-who's originally, Think he does the Type-X & Lindbergh ones too.

Still blatant piracy - bearing in mind it's a registered business.

If you could get the mounting plates and offer the drives & plates then it'd help a lot of the less techie get going, but you know they'll just end up for sale on eBay for $$$/£££

You is still "The man who gave the community a freeware X2 menu" - sod the money grabbers.

Yea, I was thinking about making some drive "plates" out of plexiglass or something and painting them. Since the SSD's are extremely thin It would probably work out pretty well.

Yea, I was thinking about making some drive "plates" out of plexiglass or something and painting them. Since the SSD's are extremely thin It would probably work out pretty well.
That's a cool idea, it could also be designed to natively fit a 2.5" drive (SSD) without a 3.5" adapter.

I've actual bought some cheap X2 games "Junk treatment" on YAJ just to get the hard drive plates.

I picked up a SF IV drive with mount for $12 as the dongle was missing. I'll ship it back with the next batch of PCB's (I just scored Lode Runner and Sexy Parodius for $120 for the pair).

Out of interest does the Multi work OK with the 207A motherboards that won't play one of the KOF's? As I think that's the version I've got on the boat back to the UK.

I was tempted to buy the Type-X3 that was listed last week but bottled it with 2 hours to run.

I'd be a buyer of the plate.

I've also been thinking of transplanting this into an actual PC case.. anyone know if a shorter heatsink can be thrown on this? Also, any word on low profile 7900GS cards that can be flashed?

I'd be a buyer of the plate.
I've also been thinking of transplanting this into an actual PC case.. anyone know if a shorter heatsink can be thrown on this? Also, any word on low profile 7900GS cards that can be flashed?
Yep, any LGA775 heatsink can be used. I'm using a themaltake one on mine right now. As far as low profile 7900GS cards, I havent seen one. But if one does exist, then it should be flashable.

V1.1 BETA is ready for testing. I wont be including this on the 1st page as its not a final release. Its just for those who wish to test the new video driver ( and TGM3 :D ) with as many games as they wish and report back.

If you do wish to test this beta, please keep an eye out for any graphical issues or oddities. Not including those present in Deathsmiles 2.

If I dont hear of any issues in the next 7 - 10 days I will release a final version of 1.1

https://mega.nz/#!2UN0kDra!rUrN5QBf_Nt9KLBujz6880910iba-2bm8xmq58w2qyo

V1.1 BETA is ready for testing. I wont be including this on the 1st page as its not a final release. Its just for those who wish to test the new video driver ( and TGM3 :D ) with as many games as they wish and report back.

If you do wish to test this beta, please keep an eye out for any graphical issues or oddities. Not including those present in Deathsmiles 2.

If I dont hear of any issues in the next 7 - 10 days I will release a final version of 1.1

https://mega.nz/#!2UN0kDra!rUrN5QBf_Nt9KLBujz6880910iba-2bm8xmq58w2qyo
If all goes well, I should have my X2 by the time 1.1 is GA'd.

Mines stuck "In customs awaiting charges" - Should have it in a couple of days....

lookie what I just won :D

kachanvega-img600x361-1462069635rmveas22126.jpg

yep, you're seeing that right.

Out of interest does the Multi work OK with the 207A motherboards that won't play one of the KOF's? As I think that's the version I've got on the boat back to the UK.
Yup, works fine (I've got a 207A too). I've got a Sega I/O adapter, so had to hack the coin meter inputs on the Jamma side to get a few of the games (including KOF13) working, but once that was done everything I've tried works great.

lookie what I just won :D yep, you're seeing that right.
Ok, I'll bite :) It's an X2 but I don't see anything special except the card to the right of the graphics card ?
oohh. will that cause any input lag?Additionally, I'm at 100% and seeding now :)
Yea, theoretically. You will also loose the advantages that come with using a FastIO....like the "fast io" LOL.In reality it would be better to go from FastIO->JVS. But that problem with that is FastIO setups dont come up for sale as often as the JVS stuff. JVS has been around forever and is used with many different arcade hardware, FastIO as far as I know is proprietary Taito hardware.Along with having the actual FastIO board. You also need a DMAC which is a PCI-E card installed in your X2 and then on top of that 50% of the games require a RFID reader which actually plugs into the JVS controller on the X2.So you need FastIO+DMAC+RFID.Last year I saw a total of three FastIO boards come up for sale. I bought 2 of them. DMAC's you almost never find by themselves, you usually have to buy an X2 that already has one installed. All the new X2's have them. You can identify them by the two network ports next to the JVS controller on the back of the X2. Nesica RFID readers are the most common, you can usually find them by themselves on YAJ or with vewlix panels.

I could be wrong seen a lot of ttx's on YAJ recently but doesn't that ttx come with a 9800gt gpu

I could be wrong seen a lot of ttx's on YAJ recently but doesn't that ttx come with a 9800gt gpu
Ahhhh good eye, I didnt even notice that.

Lems, it will be interesting to test with that video card. Also it will be beneficial to dump the firmware from it too. However, you may want to go ahead and pickup a 7900GS in case there are some compatibility issues with that card. Fortunately you can get a good 7900 series card off ebay for about $20 and flashing them is easy. I dont suspect you'll have any issues though. That was most likely used in a Nesica setup and majority of the games have Nesica ports.

EDIT: NVM That should be a 7900GS. I forgot the 7900GS also had an SVideo port.

Last edited:
Been testing the beta tonight no issues so far with any games. haven't tested everything in a game just loaded it and had a round or 2.

Did run in to an issue with the multi's settings once i loaded the multi for the first time i went to change it to CRT mode and it wouldn't change but it also wouldn't launch any games once i exited the menu.
A full restart was required to allow me to select a game. after the restart the menu was still in LCD mode so tried again to switch this time it switched but again couldn't launch a game after exiting.

will continue to test games through out the week and report anything i notice

Back