What's new
Key combination of existing buttons would have my preference, not adding new buttons with diodes etc.

Something like start+1, 2 and 3, not gonna hit that by accident.
And not every cab has 6 buttons so I would stick with the basics

Did I just read that C+D+Start P1 exits a game?

I need to test this. I've been resetting the machine like a dumbass.

I had key combinations I thought no person would ever accidentally hit... Then I had my little cousins come over. Preschoolers will find any and every combination somehow because there is no logic to what they are hitting
Exactly this....

I have game nights a few times a year and SOMEONE always manages at accidentally hit the code and mess things up.

it's happened on the MultiMVS on StepMania, my MAME cabs, pretty much any machine that uses a code to do something It's guaranteed someone is going to hit it by accident.

+1 for being able to map the exit keys to P1 start + Button 1 (most people I know who run MAME in cabs etc use this combination to exit to front end).

Thanks for all your work on this, Niko.

Does this "live hackery" thing mean we could maaaaaaaybe patch Darius to run "scaled down" to a single monitor, or am I talking nonsense?

*sighs* Like dreaming to have the vertical games run on a horizontal screen..

Does this "live hackery" thing mean we could maaaaaaaybe patch Darius to run "scaled down" to a single monitor, or am I talking nonsense?
If it can be patched in the exe, it can be done in memory.

People will have to create their own patch definition files that tell the multi what to patch.

One user has already documented a bunch of these, and it's just a matter of putting them in the correct format.

Essentially it's just a text file with each line containing an offset, and what byte to write. The offset being the same offset you would find if you opened the exe in a hex editor.

People will have to create their own patch definition files that tell the multi what to patch.

One user has already documented a bunch of these, and it's just a matter of putting them in the correct format.

Essentially it's just a text file with each line containing an offset, and what byte to write. The offset being the same offset you would find if you opened the exe in a hex editor.
Whaaa? Wait how much beer do I need to buy you to add it ?

The problem is what your asking isnt something that can easily be defined and patched inside the exe has these games almost all use hard coded postions ect, for all of there display parms there is no way to magically hack the exe and flip it.

The way these are "rotated" on Pc is simple they arnt, instead windows is rotated and the game is ran in a boardlesss window.
The x2, simply dosent have the ass power to run the games at full speed via this method.

but darius burst can be modified to run on a single monitor, right? I mean, I remember something about AMB selling an image with a hacked DB that can be played on one screen.

but darius burst can be modified to run on a single monitor, right? I mean, I remember something about AMB selling an image with a hacked DB that can be played on one screen.
He posted it on his site, but he's never made it available for sale. I email him every 3-4 months asking to buy it. It's always been "almost finished".

So who knows if it's real or not.

Daruis, is not the other olde vertical shump titles, and yes daruis can run on a single screen but thats due to an ini edit, not due to magically hacking the exe

I'd have to imagine there's a flag somewhere in the program code to unflip the second screen, simply because it's not likely they developed the game in the production cab and would have needed to debug and test the game on a desktop.

Back