What's new
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54571

Looks like Jackalus is selling Nesica bootlegs for 800 EUR. <X
And he's already bitching because you linked to his thread even thought there has been ZERO DISCUSSION about his kit here. lol
Oh and we "kings" can sell shit ton of bootlegs without you guys crying, apparently. 800 EUR is a lot of money for a collector to pay. He shouldn't get so butthurt if someone bitches about that. Jeez. Know your customers for Christ's sake. But what do I know? It seems all I do is sell shit tons of bootlegs.
800€ is nothing for collector to pay. I coded this emulator+interpreter for months, It doesn't include any games, I only sell the emulator.

Here you guys sell all sort of ST-V bootleg carts and stuff. How do you think I would react, I've helped your favorite Niko a lot and he has helped me with various things. What I don't tolerate is spreading lies and misinformation. :thumbup:

Why do I have emulator users if it's so expensive? ?(

You have any idea of the complexity to first emulate RFID, Fast I/O and then read JVS input and feed it to the emulator without ANY KIND OF LATENCY?

800€ is nothing for collector to pay. I coded this emulator+interpreter for months, It doesn't include any games, I only sell the emulator.

Here you guys sell all sort of ST-V bootleg carts and stuff. How do you think I would react, I've helped your favorite Niko a lot and he has helped me with various things. What I don't tolerate is spreading lies and misinformation.

Why do I have emulator users if it's so expensive?

You have any idea of the complexity to first emulate RFID, Fast I/O and then read JVS input and feed it to the emulator without ANY KIND OF LATENCY?
You may think 800EUR is not much but to many collectors it is a lot. So all I was saying is don't get upset if someone is bitching about the price. I hear people bitching about prices all the time even though I think my services are more than reasonable for the amount of time I put into these things.

As for your point, yes you spent a ton of time doing your work. A lot of things 98% of people can't do I would guess. So you have every right to ask for that 800EUR. But the collectors have the right to not like your price. And the right to choose not to buy it. I'm sure you will sell a lot of your kits. And I will not hate you for that. All I ask is that you don't get angry because one of my members links to your thread. For the love of god, there was no discussion about your kit here and you decided to attack us. Is that fair? I tend to not think so.

Now if anywhere here in this thread are lies or misinformation about your kit then please point them out. As I said there had been no discussion about your kit here. So now that you became a member just to post here you might as well join the discussion or begin a new one. Just keep it civil as we don't allow unnecessary drama over here.

I appreciate a guy with your talents. No need to be hostile.

Here you guys sell all sort of ST-V bootleg carts and stuff. How do you think I would react, I've helped your favorite Niko a lot and he has helped me with various things. What I don't tolerate is spreading lies and misinformation.

Why do I have emulator users if it's so expensive?

You may think 800EUR is not much but to many collectors it is a lot. So all I was saying is don't get upset if someone is bitching about the price. I hear people bitching about prices all the time even though I think my services are more than reasonable for the amount of time I put into these things.
As for your point, yes you spent a ton of time doing your work. A lot of things 98% of people can't do I would guess. So you have every right to ask for that 800EUR. But the collectors have the right to not like your price. And the right to choose not to buy it. I'm sure you will sell a lot of your kits. And I will not hate you for that. All I ask is that you don't get angry because one of my members links to your thread. For the love of god, there was no discussion about your kit here and you decided to attack us. Is that fair? I tend to not think so.

Not if anywhere here in this thread are lies or misinformation about your kit then please point them out. As I said there had been no discussion about your kit here. So now that you became a member just to post here you might as well join the discussion or begin a new one. Just keep it civil as we don't allow unnecessary drama over here.

I appreciate a guy with your talents. No need to be hostile.
Okay maybe we got off the wrong foot. Anyways I continue helping Niko on all things, I really like this Free multiboot too :love: He had problems with MAME I believe, I have now resolved these issues and waiting for him to come online to get the package so you guys get MAME for this multiboot 8o

Okay maybe we got off the wrong foot. Anyways I continue helping Niko on all things, I really like this Free multiboot too He had problems with MAME I believe, I have now resolved these issues and waiting for him to come online to get the package so you guys get MAME for this multiboot
Yeah I think you are right. I found it a bit weird that you were offended so easily. Maybe something got lost in translation somewhere. :P

Anyways, thanks for your contributions. I'm sure there are many more behind the scenes we will never know about. I'm sure you have made many members here happy by helping with MAME for Niko's kit. :)

I'd just like to add that I don't have any problems with your work, Jackalus. I do realize and respect the amount of time and knowledge that you've put into it. It's been interesting seeing your work on YouTube, AO, Assembler, etc. There are also probably users here that would gladly pay the 800 EUR you're asking and almost certainly western arcade operators too.

I merely linked to your thread so others would know what is 'out there'. Hopefully you'll stay around this site and contribute; you may even find it more welcoming than some other places.

Okay maybe we got off the wrong foot. Anyways I continue helping Niko on all things, I really like this Free multiboot too He had problems with MAME I believe, I have now resolved these issues and waiting for him to come online to get the package so you guys get MAME for this multiboot
Welcome Jackalus hope you stick around. :D

Welcome and thank you for your contributions. Also hope that you stick around. You should post about the services/kits you provide.

So if you own any of these games send me a PM and I'll arrange to get it dumped, most people can dump it themselves.
Are you interested in Taito Type X2 Token games?

I have an original HDD with "Lupin the third".. It runs with a slightly different cofiguration (X1300LE as graphic card), the JVS controller board is also different (bigger and plugged into the PCI port).

It probably needs a special I/O and special hardware (I didnt get passed the JVS error)

Last edited:
So if you own any of these games send me a PM and I'll arrange to get it dumped, most people can dump it themselves.
Are you interested in Taito Type X2 Token games?

I have an original HDD with "Lupin the third".. It runs with a slightly different cofiguration (X1300LE as graphic card), the JVS controller board is also different (bigger and plugged into the PCI port).

It probably needs a special I/O and special hardware (I didnt get passed the JVS error)
I am interested ^^

Good, I'm going to create a Winhex backup image (is it ok?) and I will send you a PM once it's available ;)

no, I was referring to the games on niko's drive, non-fast IO games.
If he has a Capcom I/O V1 it will not work with the multi, I have a V2 and it works.
This is how to tell them apart: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JVS
I have a Capcom I/O ver. 1.

And, so far, RCA sound, P1 & P2 + Kick Buttons, Service, & Test all work fine.

Haven't tested video yet as I connect my LCD monitor cable directly to the X2 bypassing the I/O.

Fwiiw: My X2 mobo is Rev. 00b. And my multi is RC_01.

Nice work on the TX2 free multi game :)

If/when MAME is released for this freeware TX2 set-up, remember that now MAME has an official license (GPL/GPL2 etc) with Free Software Foundation legal backing and the license needs to be respected. Meaning any modifications to MAME source code needs to be publicly available so people can compile their own MAME (a .diff of the changes is enough).
One of the biggest problems with 'the other version of MAME for TX2' is it's an old version and can't be updated. Newer versions will run but the JVS controls aren't hooked up so the controls don't work through arcade control panels (a keyboard works of course).
That old version has many games that don't work with the current (latest) ROM set. Older versions of ROMs are nearly impossible to find now. Try getting a working MAME ROM set for v0.100 and you will get a headache pretty quickly.
As well as new games supported, newer versions of MAME also have many bug fixes and enhancements.
If MAME needs to be hacked to make it work on TX2 then fine (I'm not complaining ;) but the source should be released (as per the license) so that the modifications can be ported to newer releases by anyone so others don't need to wait on certain people to release a newer update of MAME.
The MAME license and the contributions of MAMEDEV should be respected for the work they have done over the last 20 years :)

Nice work on the TX2 free multi game :)

If/when MAME is released for this freeware TX2 set-up, remember that now MAME has an official license (GPL/GPL2 etc) with Free Software Foundation legal backing and the license needs to be respected. Meaning any modifications to MAME source code needs to be publicly available so people can compile their own MAME (a .diff of the changes is enough).
One of the biggest problems with 'the other version of MAME for TX2' is it's an old version and can't be updated. Newer versions will run but the JVS controls aren't hooked up so the controls don't work through arcade control panels (a keyboard works of course).
That old version has many games that don't work with the current (latest) ROM set. Older versions of ROMs are nearly impossible to find now. Try getting a working MAME ROM set for v0.100 and you will get a headache pretty quickly.
As well as new games supported, newer versions of MAME also have many bug fixes and enhancements.
If MAME needs to be hacked to make it work on TX2 then fine (I'm not complaining ;) but the source should be released (as per the license) so that the modifications can be ported to newer releases by anyone so others don't need to wait on certain people to release a newer update of MAME.
The MAME license and the contributions of MAMEDEV should be respected for the work they have done over the last 20 years :)
Thank you,

A MAME release will come eventually. I've just been so busy the past few weeks its not even funny.

There wont be any changes made to MAME, and users will be able to easily upgrade to the latest version by just copying over the new files.

The way MAME handles the input sucks, and its a bitch to interface with programmatically. Jackalus has helped me work out a way to use SDLMAME, I just havent had a chance to play with it yet.

In the meantime I assume the old hacked MAME can be used? It has JVS hacked into it.
I added another directory and put MAME in there and renamed it to game.exe. It shows in the list but it didn't load when selected.
What filename is your menu looking for?

the menu looks for game.exe if its not working you might be having a dll dependency issue

but the menu also shuts off the JVS capture when launching something so unless the other multi's version of mame captures JVS directly then you wont have any controls.

ok I got it.
the fucker did something to the MAME.EXE so it won't run except on the original HDD, or a hacked SATA HDD that appears as a 64GB SSD (which is what I have here). Or maybe he checks something on the HDD. It won't run on a normal PC.
I replaced the hacked shit with the factory MAME.EXE (renamed to game.exe) and it loads. Of course it doesn't work with the cabinet controls.
But it does work with the keyboard :D
At least now I can start setting it up with MALA and snaps/cabs etc.
(I'm also curious to know what most people are using for MAME frontends nowadays)

Maybe someone can do a tutorial on modifying the Windows on the TX2 to add other drivers.
I would be nice to add a Logitech wireless keyboard or something. Info about modifying Embedded XP on the net is a bit blurry.

btw, Chase HQ 2 runs on the standard TX2 (but very slowly for some reason. It uses a different video card I think). Controls don't work of course so that will need to be patched if people want to run it on the multi.
Anyway, I am uploading it now...
It would also be nice to get Wacky Races working too. The hacked version on the net is a big mess and doesn't run on TX2 (at least not here)

Back