What's new
I have this PSU can someone confirm whether or not this PSU is good for someone in the US to use on a Japanese Neo Geo Aes. This is the one that @FirebrandX suggests in his blog post. Here the link to the PSU

https://www.digikey.com/short/pb1bzm

I am still having issues with my AES multi cart as explained in previous posts.

For AES consoles, I link to center-negative Triads, which is correct. I in fact coded a repository web page that includes the spec of the original OEM supplies here:

Triad Power Supply Guide For Vintage Consoles

Additionally, I've been using the Triad just fine on my AES with original carts, the NeoSD, and the NeoSD Pro with NO problems whatsoever. Those graphical glitches are not due to the power supply.

Ok. So I will look into maybe a different sd card. I am currently using a Sandisk ultra 16 gb. Is this the card that is recommended?

If it does that from time to time, it's either a problem with the contacts or the cart. Maybe the PSU.

Do you have another setup or someone nearby that could help? If the cart is the problem how will I get it fixed.
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone near me that I could test it with.
20200826_041933.jpg
This definitely looks like a dirty cart slot or loose connection. Does reseating the cart and rebooting usually fix this?
This usually occurs once I have exited a game by pressing and holding up and start. If I go into a game it goes away if I exit the game and come back to the menu, the menu appears as it should.
I have exactly the same phenomenon at the same time, after playing and back to the menu

If it does that from time to time, it's either a problem with the contacts or the cart. Maybe the PSU.

Do you have another setup or someone nearby that could help? If the cart is the problem how will I get it fixed.
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone near me that I could test it with.
This definitely looks like a dirty cart slot or loose connection. Does reseating the cart and rebooting usually fix this?
This usually occurs once I have exited a game by pressing and holding up and start. If I go into a game it goes away if I exit the game and come back to the menu, the menu appears as it should.
I have exactly the same phenomenon at the same time, after playing and back to the menu
yes, game play is fine for the most part, but I am also experiencing issues as well as the one listed above and in other post. where if I select USA AES as my system games will ignore this change. And soft dips are ignored as well such as blood display in USA version of Samurai Shodown 2. I read here in this thread that the most power is used when writing the games to the slot. @FirebrandX write says that I am using the correct third party PSU. However, @Darksoft says the polarity is wrong. I am just a little confused. Could there be an issue with my cart? If so, how can I have it fixed or replaced?

@FirebrandX write says that I am using the correct third party PSU. However, @Darksoft says the polarity is wrong. I am just a little confused.
Don't be confused. Darksoft is wrong about the polarity. AES consoles use center-negative DC current. That's a FACT. I even wrote a guide on how to tell exactly what you need based on the motherboard itself:

AES PSU Guide

Thank you @FirebrandX for the clarification. Now, I must ask @raffy92 if you have tried a different brand of micro SD card or have you been using the same micro SD since day one? I am going to buy a new brand of micro SD. I am currently using Sandisk, I am going to try Samsung to see if it makes any difference.

In fact I am considering to buy a new micro sd too. From the beginning I am using sandisk the first one sandisk extrem 32 fab micro sdhc v30, this one was working for me one year ago, then I tried the one recommanded by Mitsugi, sandisk class4 . Yesterday, Darksoft suggested me a sandisck ultra 32 gb micro sdhc I class10 that he used to run my multi.
I am living in Japan and Japanese brand and sandisk seems to be major. I will check if I can found a Samsung as well but I don’t know which one is good for our purpose.

Hello everyone,

today I bought a new micro sd HC I sandisk ultra 16 gb class 10 a1
I downloaded again the Darksoft neo geo 2020 05 15 file and unzipped in the fat32 formated microsd. Then I added it in the cartridge and switch on the console and I obtained a white screen like if no game is in the console. I tried the other micro sd still containing the games and also white screen . I add then an original game and no problem it worked. But I noticed that if I insert the microsd back in the pc there is a new file : REVISION Which was not here before !

I don’t understand what apprend ? Does the fw is corrupted ?

Is there any idea , please
Did you download the correct menu file as well? Make sure your file folders are set up correctly too. I am having some issues still but after I get a new micro sd this weekend I will set it up and send you a link to a copy of it. I hope this new card solves my problems.

in fact, the card just arrived from Darksoft, he checked the card and he told me it worked there is no problem. The issue might come from my psu or the microsd. I could purchase a reliable psu that most of the people are using. The card arrived 2 days ago. I tested it with the new psu and a microsd sandisk i used before containing the games, the menu was starting normally I could had 3 games, play a little bit with each no issue. Then I wanted to change the game on the slot 1, it was written please wait, and black screen . I switch off the console, wait 10 minutes and switch on again. I arrived to the menu the slot 1 was empty . It could not load the game. I tried another time but it failed again. The micro sd was bad? Ok I bought another one. A sandisk ultra 16 gb class10 A1 , similar to the one recommended by Darksoft. I have installed the pack Darksoft Neo geo 2020 05 , in a file game and update empty . The fw was installed in the card no need to add any thing more than the game in the sd. Then white screen directly after switching on the console containing the cartridge and sd. I tried as well the other sd that I used the previous day, same thing: white screen. I noticed, when I insert back in PC the micro sd there is a new file, close to « game » Named « REVISION ».

I don’t understand

Revision is a file created by the firmware after an FPGA update. That's it. It only contains information about the version currently installed.

why this white screen appeared now ? Do you have any suggestion ? Please

I dont know what you did with the microSD before, maybe you updated the FW or the flash.img

I offered to send you a microSD prepared. In any case, get the latest FW update and do a full update with all files in /update
and make sure that games are in /games folder. Menu must also be in a folder in /games/menu

It was a new microsd , I didn’t do any thing with it before. Anyway you are suggesting me to repudiate with everything in the sd at the same time ? Game, update and menu ?

I can't say if your microSD is good or not, but If you try with several and they are all SDHC and you use a windows, not Mac, then you should be good.

My guts are still on the PSU.

You should produce them there is a business to make I think.
About the psu, I have no wait to recognize a good one. I bought three of them until now, and all looked good.
how can I found a good one Darksoft.
Maybe I asked already the question, If so I am sorry. Do you know other member of this forum who lives in Japan and use the multi aes ?

Thank you

Back