What's new
Arrived today. Even with the holdup, that was good time for an international delivery (When I order something from Japan, I swear they actually swim it across).
Can't test yet because the Noir isn't scheduled till Thursday.

This is another question that will be common sense once I can actually poke around inside the thing, but since I want to have everything ready in advance, what cables will I need for this? I assume USB is JVS-PAC to I/O board, but is there an optimal type to use? And the other slot looks like a micro-usb (?)--would a PS4 charger connected to PC be sufficient here?

Hardest thing about breaking into this hobby is the lack of tutorials and diagrams aimed at the hardware illiterate. Every source of information seems to assume some degree of pre-existing knowledge. (If I even just had pictures of the thing in use it would probably be enough) If the cab was even coming with a PCB, I'd know what went where, at least, and how the connections work.

Last edited:
This is another question that will be common sense once I can actually poke around inside the thing, but since I want to have everything ready in advance, what cables will I need for this? I assume USB is JVS-PAC to I/O board, but is there an optimal type to use? And the other slot looks like a micro-usb (?)--would a PS4 charger connected to PC be sufficient here?

Cabinet -> JVS-PAC -> Computer. JVS on the JVS-PAC is the large type A, to the computer is a micro-USB. Micro-USB charge cables are usually not a good idea, as they often only have two wires inside them for power, and no wires for data..

Cabinet -> JVS-PAC -> Computer. JVS on the JVS-PAC is the large type A, to the computer is a micro-USB. Micro-USB charge cables are usually not a good idea, as they often only have two wires inside them for power, and no wires for data..
Thanks. Stupid as I feel learning all this, it's good to know I got something right, haha :D
I have plenty of type A USBs around the house, so if 2.0/3.0 doesn't matter, that's no problem.

As for micro-USB, do you have any suggestions? After searching Amazon, almost all of them, except this one say "charging" in the description. If that'll do, I'll order it now.
And thanks again for helping out a complete "noob." I kinda dove into the deep end here because it was more about the goal than the journey, so I greatly appreciate the help in getting there.

Thanks. Stupid as I feel learning all this, it's good to know I got something right, haha :D
I have plenty of type A USBs around the house, so if 2.0/3.0 doesn't matter, that's no problem.

As for micro-USB, do you have any suggestions? After searching Amazon, almost all of them, except this one say "charging" in the description. If that'll do, I'll order it now.
And thanks again for helping out a complete "noob." I kinda dove into the deep end here because it was more about the goal than the journey, so I greatly appreciate the help in getting there.
I always seem to have a bunch of them around the house that came with all kinds of stuff, as it goes to your computer it's normal type A -> Usb micro.

I purchased some hoco silicone ones off aliexpress, and am very happy with them - they also come in 0.25m (with the data lines).

Haven't had much time to put into it yet, or tested the coin acceptor, but a peremptory test run just to check out the Noir proved the JVS-PAC2 works like a charm, right out of the box.
Thanks for providing an excellent product!

Does this support analogue controls? Wondering if this is the best option for running PC in an ID3 driving cab.

Hmm as I'm in the UK will I get stung on import tax on this? I have the first version which I love but this would be icing on the cake for my Lindy.

Hmm as I'm in the UK will I get stung on import tax on this? I have the first version which I love but this would be icing on the cake for my Lindy.

I didn't pay any duties on the JVS-PAC or JAMMA Expander I ordered.

JAMMA Expander was Sept '21.

I haven't seen much change since Brexit, tbh. Only the additional paperwork when sending items.

You connect one USB cable to your PC and one to your JVS cabinet - cab input will then be presented as keyboard strokes to your computer.

https://irkenlabs.com/jvspac2/introduction/
Thanks for sharing the picture. I don't have a JVS cabinet, which is why it's hard for me to piece everything together in my head. Would you mind sharing a few pictures?

It was mentioned a few times in the past by others but I also had significant ground loop noise in my audio from the JVS-PAC.

I tried connecting the cabinet 12v power supply ground to my PC case. That made it a lot quieter, but it didn't go away entirely. I also tried a USB sound card, USB optical sound card to a DAC (which was powered by my pc USB port), and the monitor headphone out. None of those solved it. I bet if I plugged the DAC into something else for power it would've worked but it wasn't worth the cable clutter.

I ended up getting this ground loop noise isolator and it did the trick. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQYN77L

I have two cabinets linked so I actually needed two isolators since multiple noise loops were going on.

Is there any possiblity that the gamepad mode from the JVS expander would be "Backported" to the JVS-PAC 2? I would love the option but the JVS-PAC 2 fits my use case better than the JVS expander (namely, I'd prefer to just plug a mister into the outlet on a vewlix).

Also, would it be possible to add JVS' (exa's JVS extension for faster communication speeds) support, maybe to the rest of your JVS stuff, as well? The documentation is here, it seems fairly simple and like an easy way to get higher poll rates out of supported hardware: https://github.com/exA-Arcadia/exa-io/blob/exa/JVS-Dash.md

Is there any possiblity that the gamepad mode from the JVS expander would be "Backported" to the JVS-PAC 2? I would love the option but the JVS-PAC 2 fits my use case better than the JVS expander (namely, I'd prefer to just plug a mister into the outlet on a vewlix).

Also, would it be possible to add JVS' (exa's JVS extension for faster communication speeds) support, maybe to the rest of your JVS stuff, as well? The documentation is here, it seems fairly simple and like an easy way to get higher poll rates out of supported hardware: https://github.com/exA-Arcadia/exa-io/blob/exa/JVS-Dash.md
Not a backport, but I'm looking at swapping out the whole USB subsystem on all my stuff to make it more maintainable - so yes at some point there should be gamepad and analog to the JVS-PAC 2. I've been saying this for years now, so not committing to a time-frame :)

As for EXA, AFAIK it's a paper exercise - i.e. no IO boards you can purchase supports it yet.

Back