What's new
not all keys, for example dbz refuses to register ALT key

yes most AAA games do that kind of ridiculous things, and don't expect any update on this, even Capcom with SFV did some stupid compatibility mistakes that way, I don't know why, but we need to workaround this

The reason is because they're developed for console first (generally PS4 for fighters because that's tournament standard) and then ported to PC.

Most of the time they don't do any more than is required to make it run and basic video adjustments and remapping. Sometimes you don't even get that lol

PC is a tiny market compared to console :(

And before anyone mention the arcade versions, they run on specific hardware with specific controls and don't need remapping or anything else :)

Disclaimer: I am an avid PC gamer and have been burned multiple times buying fighters on PC *cough* MKX *cough* - Capcom are generally really good though. The USF4 port was fantastic

Take it from someone in games, PC KB&M control mapping when porting a console game is a nightmare and it takes a lot of really concerted effort and work on your input system to get it right that not many devs are willing to put in. Fortunately I don't deal with it, but I have coworkers who do and oof.

(Although, to be fair... if you're just dealing with digital inputs like Capcom and ASW .. that's a good chunk of work avoided and a bit less of an excuse...)

XBox 360 likely never be supported, unless someone breaks the crypto and makes it public. I have no idea how the brooks guys did it.
Only real-deal Xbox consoles need to have functional controller DRM encryption support. Windows, or any other OS for that matter, doesn't even bother to check. All you need to do is have the proper USB HID flags for xinput and things will work. If you want to see this in the wild, see any modern PS4 controller with a "PC" or "xinput" switch on it, e.g. any current PS4 controller from Hori. There's no encryption support, so no real Xbox console support, but every OS in the land will see it as an Xbox controller, including Windows.

Plus I'm pretty sure the 360's controller copy protection has been fully cleanroom reverse engineered and documented at this point? There's tons of Chinese clones out there that work on real 360 hardware other than Brooks.

I mean, couldn't you just remap the controls in game?
Sadly, no. Many, many PC games don't have full remap support and they have to have a controller that Windows flags as an xinput device for proper joystick support or to even enable joystick support at all. This is why so many people are upset to see no xinput support.

Last edited:
For the games x360 device or game pad only, it's very easy, I use x360ce and vjoy to work around this problem

@stickcross I would love to have a walkthrough to this because I couldn't make it work with dbz, I had some messed random controls inside the game

I presume untracked shipping will be the most used option for the JVS-PAC 2, as couriers have the same price for 0.05kg and 0.5kg. BUT for those that do want tracked shipping, which do you prefer - DHL or FedEx?

For the Jammafier, I think FedEx has worked out pretty well except for the cost of course.

FedEx in my area is terrible. DHL has been fantastic for international orders.

Things are on track it seems, got this from assembly house "The order is moving on smoothly, schedule finished time will be on Feb.21.".

With shipping form Asia, OLED screen assembly, firmware programming & qa etc I estimate being able to ship out first or second week of March.

Let me know when you get the preorders up. I want to be the first in line. :)

Please add me to the waiting list for one too :thumbup:

BUT for those that do want tracked shipping, which do you prefer - DHL or FedEx?

For the Jammafier, I think FedEx has worked out pretty well except for the cost of course.
My Jammafier came in ludicrously fast (2 days iirc?) via FedEx, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Well I guess unless there is a major price disparity, in that case DHL really isn't bad.

BUT for those that do want tracked shipping, which do you prefer - DHL or FedEx?

My Jammafier came in ludicrously fast (2 days iirc?) via FedEx, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Well I guess unless there is a major price disparity, in that case DHL really isn't bad.
This. FedEx was very fast and I had no issues, especially having a house setback in the woods.

Thanks feedback on the shipping stuff - FedEx seems to be the winner for US deliveries.

Been playing about a bit with USB code this weekend, but need a bit more input on Steam. Anyone know of a Logitech or other common brand controller that works out of the box with Steam? The xbox360 and sony ps3 controllers I have have funky USB descriptors that are nothing like standard (and thus of no use for this project).

Been playing about a bit with USB code this weekend, but need a bit more input on Steam. Anyone know of a Logitech or other common brand controller that works out of the box with Steam? The xbox360 and sony ps3 controllers I have have funky USB descriptors that are nothing like standard (and thus of no use for this project).
Besides the Steam Controller itself.

Maybe the Logitech F710
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/f710-wireless-gamepad.html

Back