What's new
I better have another look at mine, I am using a Jamma expander but i only get back to the core menu rather than script option.

Thanks

I'm out-of-stock of the JVS-PAC 2 as of yesterday, is there any point in doing another run of them - anybody still use MAME?

MiSTer is all the rage if you look at social media, so perhaps efforts should go into some kind device tailored for playing MiSTer in a jvs cab instead?

Personally I use it in a Lindbergh with a Windows PC and some software that converts keyboard input to x-input. I play all my Steam arcade stuff this way. It's a lot cheaper and easier than buying 2 brook boards and rewiring your control panel. So I definitely see the value in continuing to manufacture it.

And I know you've been told this already but native x-input support would be awesome :)

I better have another look at mine, I am using a Jamma expander but i only get back to the core menu rather than script option.

Thanks
If you hold down start and press right again when you're in the core menu, it'll take you to the other menu that has the script option.

Holding down start and pressing right allows you to toggle between the menus

Has anybody used this for Demul/Teknoparrot/Sega Model 2/3, etc?
Since it's emulating keyboard functionality, I assume any program with the same keyboard commands would work equally, but as it's advertised as primarily a MAME device, so I'm aware there could be incompatibilities.

Also, an even sillier question: Does JVS-PAC's presence in any way conflict with other USB peripherals? (Ideally, I'd still have a live mouse/keyboard handy, and the Sinden Light Gun--which also emulates mouse)

Has anybody used this for Demul/Teknoparrot/Sega Model 2/3, etc?
Since it's emulating keyboard functionality, I assume any program with the same keyboard commands would work equally, but as it's advertised as primarily a MAME device, so I'm aware there could be incompatibilities.

Also, an even sillier question: Does JVS-PAC's presence in any way conflict with other USB peripherals? (Ideally, I'd still have a live mouse/keyboard handy, and the Sinden Light Gun--which also emulates mouse)
It's advertised as a MAME device as the default is the MAME key layout, and the special shift-mode where you can enter the MAME menu etc. If the emulator supports keyboard it should be OK, you can also customize the layout on the JVS-PAC with an .ini file. Also, I don't really use anything other than MiSTer/MAME, so I'm not able to render support on other emulators in a good way.

The JVS-PAC will not interfere with other USB devices, you can still have a normal keyboard, mouse etc connected.

Aw, shit. I've finally got a Noir coming, and was about to order this.... and it says "out of stock."
(I now feel really silly spending so much money on something I now have no use for)
How long a wait until resupply?

Aw, shit. I've finally got a Noir coming, and was about to order this.... and it says "out of stock."
(I now feel really silly spending so much money on something I now have no use for)
How long a wait until resupply?
I'm just on vacation, they are in stock :) I didn't find a good way to close the store other than setting everything to out of stack and adding notification

"On vacation, store closed (I've set all products to out of stock), will re-open 2022-11-04"

Added a product stating the same in case the notification doesn't show.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm not saying anything new but the JVS-PAC2 works wonderfully. I wasn't sure that my IO board was even working so it was lovely to see it recognized right away and after setting some custom keyboard assignments, I was finally able to play my first game on my cab. Excellent!

I just got my JVSPAC2 in the mail and I am really looking forward to plugging it into my Lindbergh and actually using its controls for the fist time tonight. :D
How long did yours take to arrive after ordering? Initially FedEx said I'd get it today, which was much faster than anticipated, but then they gave me an "operational delay" update, and now tracking says that expected delivery is "pending."
I looked up "operational delay" and most people say it means you're fucked. :S
Like you, I won't even be able to test the Noir without the JVS-PAC2, so this has me worried. (I mean, if FedUp lose one in transit, why would I pay for another one?)

How long did yours take to arrive after ordering? Initially FedEx said I'd get it today, which was much faster than anticipated, but then they gave me an "operational delay" update, and now tracking says that expected delivery is "pending."
Like you, I won't even be able to test the Noir without the JVS-PAC2, so this has me worried. (I mean, if FedUp lose one in transit, why would I pay for another one?)
Seems like there is a hold-up in Belgium for a lot of the shipments sent out this Monday. I wouldn't worry too much though, it's international priority so I would be surprised if you don't have it early next week, probably Monday.

FedEx has only managed to loose one of my packages, in which case the customer got shipped a new item free-of-charge.

Ordered on Friday...arrived Tuesday. Operational delay could mean any number of things...In my business, I ship a ton of stuff and "operational delay" is a pretty common occurrence. Clearly it will be delayed in arriving but I don't think its a lost cause just yet.

Since I am here...I've had to remap the keyboard assignments for use in my cab and I'd like to know if the mapping get saved internally or is the SD card required to be installed at all times?

Since I am here...I've had to remap the keyboard assignments for use in my cab and I'd like to know if the mapping get saved internally or is the SD card required to be installed at all times?
SD card required..

As for FedEx, it's currently 5 shipments that seem stuck in Belgium, gave them a call and they promised to get back to me. Customer service is not their forte, so I'm not holding my breath.

I thought so...I'll have to track down the smallest SD card I can find...I think I have a 4gb somewhere in my house. Loving the product, thank you!

FedEx has only managed to loose one of my packages, in which case the customer got shipped a new item free-of-charge.
That's reassuring. The Noir's running late too, anyway.

As for FedEx, it's currently 5 shipments that seem stuck in Belgium, gave them a call and they promised to get back to me. Customer service is not their forte, so I'm not holding my breath.
I've read that "GRACE-HOLLOGNE BE" has been a terrible chokepoint for FedEx all year; lot of people bitching about "operational delay"s that last months. Evidently because of the war, and having to further sort out anything to or from Russia.
Fun tidbit, I worked for a pharmaceutical company 20 years ago, and the way the shipping was handled was a wall full of bags with numbers, and a bunch of people throwing packages with numbers into the corresponding bag. Imagine your medication being delivered via a row of free-for-all skeeball machines. I can only imagine the chaos if they now have to sort out a whole new list of numbers, both to and from, that aren't allowed to be handled, when typically the "From" address wouldn't even matter. Twice the work, but half the staff to do it, because people would rather work somewhere else than do twice the work for the same pay.

So yeah, if you continue to run into issues with FedEx, I highly recommend looking into DHL. Can't say the war hasn't impacted them too, but I've always had problems with FedEx, going back 20 years, but for years got a package from Germany every 1-2 months, and never had a problem. And with high-proof liquer that's illegal in many countries, you'd expect more problems than an arcade adapter.
But thanks for keeping on top of it, standing by your business, and having significantly better customer service than FedEx. :)

Last edited:
I ordered one of these 11/7 and it got here today, wicked fast. I don't even play MAME on my cab, or currently have a suitable PC to put in it, got it in anticipation of SF6. Hopefully it will serve that purpose well!

Back