What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought kick off or baseball was the cheapest (they should be!)

PS: A manual with the trackball pinout is needed for kickoff , only the bootleg manual is scanned...

Trackballs not worked out in mame and also can be used for "peek a boo" when it's converted and maybe others so would be nice.
It will be the strange connector near the clock, but did not have time to experiment.

in the USA for sure. I think in Europe and Japan Soldam is the more cost effective game.

I used to buy these for $100-$150 a piece but since the multi announcement the price has gone up overnight. There's a malfunctioning P47 on KLOV right now for $200.
It's a £100 board, don't get mixed up in the frenzy. Non working your talking £30's as it's gonna need lots of ££ in parts to fix usually broken customs.

I see ye olde' namco NA motherboards are more around now and going back down in price after a 2 year frenzy.

Not only that - the multikit is quite expensive anyway, if the price goes up much more the project will just go to a full motherboard reproduction we basically have it reversed anyway.

Last edited:
in the USA for sure. I think in Europe and Japan Soldam is the more cost effective game.

I used to buy these for $100-$150 a piece but since the multi announcement the price has gone up overnight. There's a malfunctioning P47 on KLOV right now for $200.
Yes! forgot about Soldam for the European/Japan markets.

It's a £100 board, don't get mixed up in the frenzy. Non working your talking £30's as it's gonna need lots of ££ in parts to fix usually broken customs.

I see ye olde' namco NA motherboards are more around now and going back down in price

Not only that - the multikit is quite expensive anyway, if the price goes up much more the project will just go to a full motherboard reproduction we basically have it reversed anyway.
Agree, thankfully I bought my boards way back a few years ago when you talked about this multi.

It would be a waste of time in my eyes, so keep the price down please gents ;)
Lets see if this will happen ... so far isnt happened ... ill show some sales shortly ... im super dissapointed :(

ps : that price for p:47 was only for romboard and Saint Dragon goes insanely (these was sold yesterday)

and these pictures captured on buyee was sold complete sets on 29 August iirc

and a auction on ebay from 1st of September for P47

But on the other side, @djsheep was sold with around 118$ a P:47 to a local friend --- this is the spirit :thumbsup:

Attachments

• BD05F86B-D37A-429B-9BA3-3AD0FE0B39C5.jpeg
    BD05F86B-D37A-429B-9BA3-3AD0FE0B39C5.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 106
  • F357D4C1-029C-4693-899A-210A01F48284.jpeg
    F357D4C1-029C-4693-899A-210A01F48284.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 104
  • F47375E9-8A40-484C-A64B-5FCD8FA82D10.jpeg
    F47375E9-8A40-484C-A64B-5FCD8FA82D10.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 109
  • A6C247AB-6809-473D-B1F8-45C111A13A7C.jpeg
    A6C247AB-6809-473D-B1F8-45C111A13A7C.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 4279A88D-7A9B-4C0E-BDA7-F84014B4CC61.jpeg
    4279A88D-7A9B-4C0E-BDA7-F84014B4CC61.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Saint Dragon makes sense IMO. It's always been an expensive / somewhat unobtainable game. I actually bought an entire cabinet just to get that board it was so scarce in my searches! The cab and game only cost $250~ USD though, @xodaraP spidey sense came through on that one.

I think the Japanese version of P-47 goes for money. I noticed that in Japan, some games that are common here go for bigger money in their market or for their versions.

Seems like those YAJ prices are 50% of what Tops is asking for (and sitting on): https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=5306

Last edited:
I'm talking about, in the actual country of Japan at PCB stores and the like.

For example, when I was buying records in the 90's, you could get James Brown and common jazz albums for 25 cents to a dollar in the US.

But they would sell without a doubt in Australia for $50. It was just always the price. Different markets I guess. I'm sure there's better examples. I think NMK has a extra special place in shmup players hearts in Japan.

Is another P:47 pcb for sale … cost 350$ usd + shipping (its little bit hard to communicate with seller , but he still have his post with this available and hope somebody who is needed to take it) ✌🏻If you feel is good price for you , try to find on Facebook this person and deal directly with him:)

55600209-2492-4A64-842D-34BE345BCA86.jpeg

I dont want to accuse him for nothing but looked on the same post he posted in January this year & December 2020, i observed some price differences on mentioned game .

8559D247-7D7F-4D08-8508-548567E546EA.jpeg
C66BC99D-3EB0-45A8-BAF1-7F8CCBEFEA4E.jpeg

Last edited:
$180 is the real price, don't feed the dogs :P
Project can quite easily be cancelled and morph into the full board repro if this nonesense continues...

I see the namco NA1 is going back down to "normal" prices now things have calmed down.

This goes without saying, but needs to be said -
P47 does not stress the object ram, if there is a fault on the obj. ram it won't be seen until booting up a obj. ram intense game.

A good idea for all you waiting with motherboards is to try some other games to verify your setup is true 100%

$180 is the real price, don't feed the dogs :P
Project can quite easily be cancelled and morph into the full board repro if this nonesense continues...

I see the namco NA1 is going back down to "normal" prices now things have calmed down.
Full repro you say? I can't find a P-47 at all, so I'd be down for this!

It will be a bit if a long wait....
Quite sure you will see some kind of development on the surface mount customs after things calm down a bit, the sync chip is basically next on my list to reverse along with the capcomzn sound chip.

Loving this multi so far! Thanks @Hammy. Best games on the system IMO are EDF, P-47, Plus Alpha, Saint Dragon and The Astyanax.

Had a bit of a rocky start with lots of sprite glitches and stuff but that boiled down to a dud motherboard which didn't present any issues playing the original game: P-47.

*Luckily* I had another P-47 and the motherboard on that one fixed everything. I suggest what Hammy said and try test another game somehow to ensure your motherboard is fine. I'm extremely fortunate to have had a backup here in hindsight. I might try figure out what's wrong with this other one, or just move it along as its original game. It's in immaculate condition, so looks can be deceiving -- for reference it was the Original Export Version, B Type.

Here's the DIP settings for the games in the "Basic" set:

0000: Legend of Makai
0100: Pro Yaku Baseball
0010: EDF
0001: Kick Off
0011: R&T Prototype
0101: P-47
0110: Samurai Shingen
0111: Plus Alpha
1000: In Your Face
1100: Phantasm
1110: Ninja Kazan
1101: Hachoo
1001: Saint Dragon
1010: Rod Land
1011: Soldam
1111: The Astyanax

"Kick Off" is by default a Trackball game. Just turn on DIP 7 on Bank 2 to enable it to use a joystick.

The only other advice I want to give is make sure the multi is seated correctly. There's 6 connectors in total, if it's not on firm, you'll probably have issues.

I might overclock or upgrade the CPU but for now everything is running well and I'm looking forward to sinking some time into it. Also, I'm not really noticing any slowdown issues. The games that are "slow" genuinely just feel right for that time period anyhow.

Here’s a photo of the Multi installed which might be a good reference (even though the ROM names are silkscreened on PCB already).

97DF26A0-0EFA-4694-92D1-54DF78D85157.jpeg

Last edited:
The only other advice I want to give is make sure the multi is seated correctly. There's 6 connectors in total, if it's not on firm, you'll probably have issues.
We had to use generic connectors this time so it works on all - there is type(a) and type(b) connector layout (jap/export)
The trade-off is = be careful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back