What's new
I’ll get the model numbers - I have a feeling they’re C2-2000 series

I never ended up using the working one because the OSSC is much more compact and less hassle to set up

I’ll get the model numbers - I have a feeling they’re C2-2000 series

I never ended up using the working one because the OSSC is much more compact and less hassle to set up
Interesting. My application is 480p and 480i to 240p.
Does the OSSC do that somehow?

No, I was using it for upscaling, but I know the Corio is used by a lot of people for downscaling

I didn’t know it could do that, cool

So the 2 units I have are

C2-4100 RGB scaler (this is the one that throws the error on startup but I’ve kept in the hope it might be able to be saved)

C2-3350 Universal Switcher Scaler - as far as I’m aware this works fine, I would need to build cables to test it

What's a decent price for a Chewlix these days? $1400 on Facebook Marketplace in Melbourne. I assume now that global shipping is cooked these aren't too overpriced? I assume real Vewlix are hard to come buy in Aus.

Just be mindful that chewlix is the clone of the chewlix :)

You can't rotate the monitor and it doesn't really look like the original vewlix.

The speaker and monitor bezel aren't separated and the control panel "bump" is end to end..

Lastly, the base has 2 doors vs 3

I think I saw decent looking ones on gumtree recently? They had vewlix written on them. In a different colours (we may be talking about the same cabs though and I know nothing about them so...).

So the 2 units I have are

C2-4100 RGB scaler (this is the one that throws the error on startup but I’ve kept in the hope it might be able to be saved)

C2-3350 Universal Switcher Scaler - as far as I’m aware this works fine, I would need to build cables to test it
No, I was using it for upscaling, but I know the Corio is used by a lot of people for downscaling

I didn’t know it could do that, cool
The shmups forum hasn't got either of those models listed as working or not working for downscaling to 240p unfortunately :(
Having said that, are you keen to see if the 3350 does the 480p/480i -> 240p method? Guessing you might want to keep it if it does lol?

Doing some digging, it would appear the eventual release of the OSSC Pro will be the downscaler to rule them all. :?:

Last edited:
The shmups forum seems to suggest any marked as a scaler with the DB15 and DVI connections is a solid bet for 240p so the 3350 is a likely candidate

The 4100 also has BNCs on it for RGB so not sure if that’s good or bad. It doesn’t work either way

I’ll order the adapter and see if I can get it working on 240p

This rain ain’t no joke up here in QLD. Hope everyone up here is safe.

Just moved into a new place and the basement has flooded. Some damaged stuff. My car had a broken seal/clogged drainage pipe which caused the entire back foot wells to be filled with water too :/

This is the Brisbane river, view from the city :/

06FF42B4-6F4E-4C69-955F-A864769CE17C.jpeg

B6F23C79-C31D-4017-AD29-A002FB0724A1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got my eye on that Blazing Star. Last Resort is a great game too, good pickup for someone who wants to fix it

If any Aussie members are interested in a scope I have a Tektronics 60Mhz scope I’m selling.

Includes front cover, user manual and service manual and several probes

I can ship it but it’s fairly heavy, you can pick up from the Gold Coast, QLD or I’m able to drop off in the Brisbane area the next time I’m up there

I’ll take some photos and put them up

@Murray I asked you about the marquee holder on gumtree. :) If you're interested I have a spare PSU (board only not controls) and a blue exceleena I am wrecking if you need anything specifically. It's been picked clean to repair my exceleenas and stuff for Hatmoose but the fibreglass is ok and might have other bits you need.

Does anyone have any interest in console mods? I’m thinking of offering up some modding/installation services

I just modded a Japanese GameCube to change it to US region, added LEDs in the controller ports and powered by USB-C

Does anyone have a faulty Game Gear they’d be interested in selling? I’d be keen to have one to see if I can save it and upgrade the screen etc

Last edited:
Back