What's new
Should be same for any mono jamma pcb. Cave doesnt do anything special, its amplified mono like jamma standard.
Havent tried my axun splitter yet. Should do that soon.

I actually have a different problem with the Extractor. When hooking up the Extractor to a CAVE CV1000 PCB, there is no sound output coming through my cab (Egret II).

I decided to test the Extractor with a CPS2 game in the same cabinet, and I got sound output fine. I remember earlier in the thread @drfunk2k mentioned a change in the sound circuit.

Maybe its because the CV1000 PCB's are Mono only? Does anyone else with a CAVE PCB have the same issue?

Also, when using the BetsuBetsu that I received from @nassekova a while back, sound output is fine.

I did a quick test with a CAVE CV1000 PCB and you are correct, there is no sound when using the Extractor.

I did a quick test with a CAVE CV1000 PCB and you are correct, there is no sound when using the Extractor.

CV1000B CV1000D are all silent? OK. I borrowed it from my friend to test it and find out the reason. Thanks for the feedback.

微信图片_20210523105607.jpg
微信图片_20210523105613.jpg

OK guys, since some are still having issues. I have come up with a plan, If people are willing to help.

I just asked @kingcar if he is willing to allow people to send him the JAMMA extractor so he can do the resistor swaps of R32 R34 and R36 to 150OHM
I will pay for the resistors and a labor fee.

But we have an issue many people are in the United States.
IF someone is good with desolder and solder then I will offer the same benefit of paying for the resistors and small labor fee.

This would complete several issues:
1. expensive shipping since we are keeping it in continent
2. a fix to resolve the issue of the JAMMA extractors.

So PLEASE @kingcar represent us in EU for this fix
and someone step up in the USA.

As i mentioned before I will SEND money via paypal to pay for resistors and fee UP FRONT .
I could do that I guess. If there are EU people that are ok with that shoot me a message. But I must point out beforehand that my soldering is not the cleanest looking xD

I would second that more work+testing should be done before anyone sends their boards out to anyone, though. Sounds like even more headache to ask folks to send their second boards off for a fix when we're not even sure if those few resistors are going to be the only changes necessary for better compatibility (i.e different monitor concerns, the cave board sound issues, etc).

OK guys, since some are still having issues. I have come up with a plan, If people are willing to help.

I just asked @kingcar if he is willing to allow people to send him the JAMMA extractor so he can do the resistor swaps of R32 R34 and R36 to 150OHM
I will pay for the resistors and a labor fee.

But we have an issue many people are in the United States.
IF someone is good with desolder and solder then I will offer the same benefit of paying for the resistors and small labor fee.

This would complete several issues:
1. expensive shipping since we are keeping it in continent
2. a fix to resolve the issue of the JAMMA extractors.

So PLEASE @kingcar represent us in EU for this fix
and someone step up in the USA.

As i mentioned before I will SEND money via paypal to pay for resistors and fee UP FRONT .

I haven't received my Extractor yet (ordered in March), but I am sure I could help out with this if needed. I have 15 years of electronics experience and can do these swaps quickly.

Let me know! :)

@kingcar will handle EU for the resistor swaps, he said he can handle paying for the resistors and doing it for free, so I will pay the shipping cost back to the customer.

@WhiteCrow that sounds great. ALL usa users can send to you and ill pay for the resistors and your fee. The customer should pay for return shipping since shipping within usa is not so expensive.

But please wait, let @Axun figure out whats going on with the CAVE sound.

So everyone with the JAMMA extractor be patient the final fix is coming soon at my expense. <3

CV1000-D audio output test video:
https://twitter.com/axunworks/status/1397178611254267906

Temporary solutions for CV1000 series audio silent:
JAMMA extractor PCB front side----------
Use a utility knife to disconnect the R3 resistor connection line on the front, or directly remove the R3 resistor.
微信图片_20210525210211.png

JAMMA extractor PCB back side----------
Use a utility knife to disconnect the cable at the location indicated by the red arrow.
微信图片_20210525210227.png

微信图片_20210525210222.jpg

The above modification does not affect the normal operation of other PCBs.
If there is no CV1000 series PCB, there is no need to modify it.

--

I’m a little bit confused. I thought CV1000 was just using jamma standard amplified mono, so wouldnt other pcbs also be affected?

edit: Testing on SDOJ is one hell of a nice flex btw :D Thats like a 6000$+ pcb

I’m a little bit confused. I thought CV1000 was just using jamma standard amplified mono, so wouldnt other pcbs also be affected?

edit: Testing on SDOJ is one hell of a nice flex btw :D Thats like a 6000$+ pcb
Yes, I tested it and the other PCBs are working fine.
My friend knew that I was in trouble and offered a helping hand. He lent me CV1000. When I got it, I realized that the price of this PCB is so expensive. Crazy!!!

@kingcar will handle EU for the resistor swaps, he said he can handle paying for the resistors and doing it for free, so I will pay the shipping cost back to the customer.

@WhiteCrow that sounds great. ALL usa users can send to you and ill pay for the resistors and your fee. The customer should pay for return shipping since shipping within usa is not so expensive.

But please wait, let @Axun figure out whats going on with the CAVE sound.

So everyone with the JAMMA extractor be patient the final fix is coming soon at my expense. <3
Sounds good - just keep me posted and I'll be happy to help. I've done full line fabrication before and can get these turned around very quickly.

If needed I can also test with compatibility on pretty much every major arcade PCB platform in multiple cabinets.

Last edited:
OK guys so @WhiteCrow can do the following for USA region:
He can change resistors which will fix the brightness using ALL 3 outputs.
He can do the mod for the CAVE audio problem.
If your in USA send your board to @WhiteCrow , you need to pay for shipping and I WILL PAY FOR HIS MODDING FEE and for the RESISTORS

@kingcar will help us in EU area, lets wait for his reply.
@kingcar said he he would do the work for free but i need to pay for shipping back to the users. I am willing to do this.

Please if you want @WhiteCrow or @kingcar to do the mods, let us know, so i can send them the money before the work.

This is Axunworks doing what it can to make things right <3 :)
feel free to use this service.

BTW, ALL NEW ORDERS will be v2.5 with changed resistors and CAVE audio issue fixed. :)

The Audio Mod I could do as well I guess, but I have no PCB to test. :/

A little update on my side.
I just got the Retrotink 5x and I was eager to test ist with the Jamma Extractor.
15Khz looks fabulous on cps 2 and 3 but the atomiswave gives me some heavy janky artifacts/wobbling on 15 and 31khz, all over an unbearable image imo.
I will post a video of it later in the day.

Back