What's new

drfunk2k

Grand Master
Reaction score
Axun Workshop - Supergun-MINI

PRICE:
$90.00
INCLUDES: Supergun-MINI, video cable (RGB,RGBS,RGBHV,YPBPR) and PSU (ALL YOU NEED TO GET PLAYING) (See Pics 2-4)

SOLD SERPARATELY: (Axun Workshop Arcade PSU is compatible with mini-gun) (See Pics5-6) This PSU has adjust 5v for stubborn PCBs
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/axun-workshop-arcade-psu-power-supply-unit.17093/

FEATURES:
- Control interface DB15,
- The power DC input port is DIN6P, including 12V, 5V, -5V, GND
- The output video signal is 15Khz color RGB, RGBS , RGBHV, YPBPR (One cable does it all)
- SUPPORTS CPS1, CPS2/3, and Sega STV Kick harness (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- RGB MOD Switch = Switch between RGB and YPBPR Video Output 15kHz
- RGB ADJ = Adjust the brightness of RGB
- RCA Stereo/Mono Output

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210407193024.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210407193024.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 329
  • WeChat Image_20210410153734.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210410153734.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 284
  • WeChat Image_20210410153724.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210410153724.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 241
  • WeChat Image_20210410153719.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210410153719.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 266
  • WeChat Image_20210410160439.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210410160439.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 245
  • WeChat Image_20210410160432.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210410160432.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Could you explain the 2 jamma/kick harness switches and how they work? Do either of them solve for the Vampire Savior problem where the D & K1 buttons are both active at the same same time preventing Akuma's Raging Dragon from working?

yes please send me a PM with your order number

So just got mine..and it died after ! 5 minutes of use. Screen lost sync..and now the power led flashes red and there is an audible click. Maybe the power supply is bad? I dunno..I'm not super technical. :/

What? tell us how its hooked up and send pictures or videos. this is very unlikely.
dont worry we are here to help and will resolve the issue no matter what it may be.

So just got mine..and it died after ! 5 minutes of use. Screen lost sync..and now the power led flashes red and there is an audible click. Maybe the power supply is bad? I dunno..I'm not super technical. :/
Does it flicker if JAMMA PCB is not connected?
The power of the supplied power supply is not large, which may not be suitable for some high-power PCBs. It may also be a power failure.
If the power supply still does not work, I will send you a new power supply.
-

Last edited:
what board are you using? is it a standard board is it a hacked board. lets get all the details and some pics

It's a Razoola phoenixed Street Fighter Alpha 1, A board that has played just fine in my Neo Candy cab and on the Windy supergun I am trying to replace. The Mini supergun flashes both when I have it attached to any PCB (I also tried my Data East Magical drop 1 PCB) and when it is attached to nothing.

Stuff happens. Hopefully there is short protection or something that prevents any damage in the supergun or pcbs.

@RevQuixo I heard you decided to go with the
https://www.axunworks.com/product-p669351.html?variant=4499651

We are going to send you a new PSU unit that is supplied to your SuperGun.
Plus the upgraded PSU that works on cabinets too.
this upgrade PSU is GREAT and works well with cabinets.
@Scarletspeedstr is using it on one of his machines.

@Axun will pay your shipping on the new PSU unit
I will pay for half of your new PSU.
Send me your paypal and I will send you $48.00 USD

You get:
NEW REPLACEMENT MINIGUN PSU
NEW Arcade PSU (Half off)
FREE SHIPPING
NO QUEUE LINE WAITING

<3 Love Axunworks <3

That's super generous of you and Axun. This is one of the reasons I chose Axun..I saw the quality customer service when minor defects were discovered in other products. :)

I just got mine yesterday as well.

I plan to post more detailed findings, but these are my initial observations.

It's working pretty well with most boards except atomiswave and taito f3.

The atomiswave has massive amounts of noise in the picture. Not usable.

Taito f3 has what looks like noise in the picture, constantly rolling through in horizontal lines that are evenly spaced. On a crt it's not too bad but on a 65" OLED it's very noticeable. I would never play it looking like that. I'd just stare at the lines. Too distracting.

The other PCBs I've tried have performed really well and I'm impressed. I just wonder why it has trouble with taito f3 and atomiswave. Power hungry?

The minigun Supergun has no trouble with any of the above boards.

A cheap Chinese Supergun from eBay works fine with atomiswave.

@RevQuixo I heard you decided to go with the
https://www.axunworks.com/product-p669351.html?variant=4499651

We are going to send you a new PSU unit that is supplied to your SuperGun.
Plus the upgraded PSU that works on cabinets too.
this upgrade PSU is GREAT and works well with cabinets.
@Scarletspeedstr is using it on one of his machines.

@Axun will pay your shipping on the new PSU unit
I will pay for half of your new PSU.
Send me your paypal and I will send you $48.00 USD

You get:
NEW REPLACEMENT MINIGUN PSU
NEW Arcade PSU (Half off)
FREE SHIPPING
NO QUEUE LINE WAITING

<3 Love Axunworks <3

This is AMAZING CARE SUPPORT! Great job AXUN team!

I'm no expert on the Taito F3 but I believe it is off-spec with its frequency and causes issues with all sorts of scalers. Did you try it via VGA? Supposedly that is the most reliable.

I'm no expert on the Taito F3 but I believe it is off-spec with its frequency and causes issues with all sorts of scalers. Did you try it via VGA? Supposedly that is the most reliable.
This same issue exists on CRT (no scaler) just less noticable because it's smaller.

As I said, taito f3 works fine on the minigun Supergun.

On the minigun the f3 works fine with the retrotink 2x and the OSSC, once it's dialed in.

I like the Axun Supergun for several reasons, but the issue with taito f3 kinda messed up my plans for it.

I know RetroTINK5X does great via Minidin to SCART with no additional changes to settings., unlike OSSC. Waiting on TianFeng's HD15 adapter, i expect the results to be the same. I'm looking forward to testing with the JJ-CBOX, I think it will be similar to the Axun minigun.

My CBOX plays f3 just fine

I just cant get the JAMMA extractor to play nice with it, but its known issue on many devices

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210706195254.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210706195254.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 137
  • WeChat Image_20210706195247.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210706195247.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back