What's new

Kujako

Professional
Reaction score
OK... so I am trying once again to get my QNIC CGM-2500 setup/tuned. Main issue it's had is that the color mix is still a bit too red (which may be not enough blue). However, I've found that this is at least slightly mitigated by letting it warm up for a half hour or so. This means that one of my issues is that I've been adjusting the color before it's been warmed up so everything is is a bit off. However, I am now also seeing that on SOME arcade boards (Namco 2x6 for example) there is a lot of color bleed off of white, indicating that the cutoffs are wrong. But I don't see this, or at least not as much, on other boards including my JAMMA test board (riddledtv, older one without sound). When I show the white test grid, I can only detect the slightest color bleed, small enough that it would be really hard to tweak giving the inaccuracy of the potentiometers.

So... thinking I want to start fresh. But I've not found a good guide to setting up one of these. Meaning I want to adjust everything down to their lowest setting, RGB, cutoffs, contrast, brightness and follow a series of steps to tune in each pot one at a time. I have access to a fair selection of different arcade boards I could use, in addition to the aforementioned dedicated test board.

It is of course possible that the tube is just old and dying... I may pickup a LCD to swap in so that I could at least work on the CRT on a bench rather than in the cab. It was recapped a few years ago, or at least that's what the previous owner said. It's just never been correctly setup.

Any suggestions?

Kujako

Professional
Reaction score
Broke down, ordered a CGA LCD and a new pair of rubber gloves (mine had expired). Will get the CRT out and onto a workbench. May do a re-recap and see if that helps.