What's new

rester159

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a Blast City cabinet but the monitor (still the original Nanao) has some noticeable burn. How you would you go about replacing it? I hear it's super hard to find parts... are there obvious options or I'd be pretty much out of luck?

Last edited:
That would be a really tall order and I personally would avoid it. It would require a pretty massive amount of searching to find a proper donor for a tube swap. Those monitors were also available in Sega Racing Cabs, so you'd have a better chance at finding the exact monitor in a Sega Arcade than finding a donor tube in my opinion.

Actually, I find suitable donors for the Blast City MS293x monitor quite often with customer 27" TV's. You'll definitely have to do a yoke swap however. It is still quite a chore to do so.

It is the Nanao MS8 & MS9 monitors prevalent in Astro City cabs that is impossible to find a suitable donor from a customer TV.

Actually, I find suitable donors for the Blast City MS293x monitor quite often with customer 27" TV's. You'll definitely have to do a yoke swap however. It is still quite a chore to do so.

It is the Nanao MS8 & MS9 monitors prevalent in Astro City cabs that is impossible to find a suitable donor from a customer TV.
Ain't that the truth :( Need TVs from like 1998 and everyone is selling them from 2003-2006 only. I have an MS9 Yoke and chassis so all I need is a tube.

Back