What's new
I guess I'll have to float you another tenner. I'd absolutely *love* Slam Masters as the next 1.5

I know other people are peculiar about "ports" to CPS2 from CP1 but I'm fine with it , Knights of the round and Magic Sword? be pretty great!

Great work as always mang!

Awesome NeoCPS1 keep up the great work.

sent you a donation :)

I know other people are peculiar about "ports" to CPS2 from CP1 but I'm fine with it , Knights of the round and Magic Sword? be pretty great!
Ok so what source for sound effects/music do you suggest we use?
At least with Street Fighter CPS1 we had a CPS2 Street Fighter game to take the samples from.
With Knights and Magic what choice do we have?

I'm not trying to hate on CPS1 ports, but given the amount of time and effort this takes...
I'd rather NOT see this explored until EVERY SINGLE CPS1.5 GAME has been converted perfectly.

I'm not trying to hate on CPS1 ports, but given the amount of time and effort this takes...
I'd rather NOT see this explored until EVERY SINGLE CPS1.5 GAME has been converted perfectly.
I don't know enough of the specifics to know where or how to get the sounds or if it can even be done, just putting my pipe dream out there. I guess if they are reusing the SF sounds, they could "port" the rest of the CPS1 SF games over /shrug .

I never said or implied that they should start porting other CPS1 games over before finishing CPS 1.5 games though.

Last edited:
All I get is a blank, white screen when I try running the SF port. Punisher on the other hand works fine. Or as fine as it can work given the priority issues, etc.

I never said or implied that they should start porting other CPS1 games over before finishing CPS 1.5 games though.
If we shift the focus that's exactly what will happen... Because let's face it, CPS1 has some fantastic games we ALL want to play it's easy to get sidetracked.

With both @Apocalypse and @Darksoft looking into it, I'm very confident we WILL have a working CPS1 multi (someday).
If that happens then this port CPS1 effort is, IMO all for nothing.

CPS1.5 on the other hand we will never have a multi cart for PERIOD.
The hardware is too expensive/limited and any multi would be very complex needing to address PAL/Q-Sound ROMs/etc etc.
It's just logical to port/convert these games, as the best way to play them using our existing CPS2 multi's.

Thanks, Mike. For the NAME, I went with "SFII HF CPS1-2=J" since you can use a few more characters and list the region on the kit's LCD.

Edit: Does anyone know if I can use the character ">" in a NAME file on the Darksoft kit's LCD? If so, I'll name this "SFII HF CPS1>2=J"

Last edited:
You'll want to re-download it, I made a really stupid typo when I prepared that archive!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was testing it on my kit with the keys and it is all working now. Thanks for the hard work, Mike!

I don't know enough of the specifics to know where or how to get the sounds or if it can even be done, just putting my pipe dream out there. I guess if they are reusing the SF sounds, they could "port" the rest of the CPS1 SF games over /shrug .
What if I want Magic Sword w/ Street Fighter sounds? :P
-ud

If we shift the focus that's exactly what will happen... Because let's face it, CPS1 has some fantastic games we ALL want to play it's easy to get sidetracked.

With both @Apocalypse and @Darksoft looking into it, I'm very confident we WILL have a working CPS1 multi (someday).
If that happens then this port CPS1 effort is, IMO all for nothing.

CPS1.5 on the other hand we will never have a multi cart for PERIOD.
The hardware is too expensive/limited and any multi would be very complex needing to address PAL/Q-Sound ROMs/etc etc.
It's just logical to port/convert these games, as the best way to play them using our existing CPS2 multi's.
Dunno. Having an all-in-one CSP2 multi that could play CSP1/1.5/2 games sounds pretty convent, especially with working CPS2 boards are more common than CPS1 boards that would be multi-compatible. So, I see value in both CSP1 and CPS1.5 being worked on simultaneously. If it means ports Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Ghouls'n Ghosts (with sound somehow), that's a good thing.

Back