What's new
Want To Buy
the actual display is 16x96, and uses a circular 4 pin serial connector. no idea if it's a standard protocol or Namco specific.

The original Cyberleads were a single color display while the Cyberlead IIs had amber/green displays, I believe the I/O board is different too in order to support the two color display.

Didn't realize it was such a huge difference.

Worth mentioning that I have a Cyber Lead 1 (no memory card readers) and I have a multi colour DMD (at least supports amber, red and green when I've played Soul Calibur on it)

The main board or the slave in the DMD? The slave board is the same 1.0 (1.1?) type I've only ever seen in these cabs (I bought one and I know the guy who purchased 3 more from the same site, so I've had lengthy discussions and feedback on what's in his vs mine)

The main I/O board is a 3.00 which I believe was the final revision of these boards, it's certainly the latest revision I've been able to find any record of.

I have certainly considered this may be the same board found in the CL2 cabs as it has multiple headers on it I've often thought may be associated with the memory card readers, which is why I was hoping this cab had it's I/O board in place to confirm that possibility

It's possible there could be a "Cyberlead 1.5" that has an updated marquee with no memory cards.
There are 3 versions of the I/O board that have been confirmed, so there's definitely an updated version they released mid cycle yes

It's worth mentioning as well that my Soul Calibur PCB does not boot on the original 1.0 board. It complains of a JVS version mismatch.

I had swapped my 3.0 board for one of the 1.0 boards owned by the guy with the other 3 of these that came from the site I got mine from, due to the 3.0 board not being compatible with the JVS-PAC (which I really need to try and sort out)

Ideally I'd like to find the other versions myself not only to have spares but to document the difference between the versions

Back